Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,000 members, 7,866,783 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

Pacquiao And Mayweather Rematch Coming Soon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pacquiao And Mayweather Rematch Coming Soon (350 Views)

Efe Ajagba Joins Fury, Pacquiao At Top Rank Promotions / Anthony Joshua Arrives Saudi Arabia Ahead Of Rematch Against Andy Ruiz Jr (Photo / Pictures Of Mcgregor And Mayweather Compared To Titanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pacquiao And Mayweather Rematch Coming Soon by effoi: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Source: http://www.freshpointnews.com/2017/06/27/pacquiao-and-mayweather-rematch-is-a-possibility-trainer/

The possibility of rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather may become a reality if the Filipino boxer wins his next fight against Australian Jeff Horn this weekend, according to Pacquiao’s trainer.

Pacquiao and Mayweather fought in the “Fight of the Century” two years ago with Mayweather carrying the day in the highly entertaining and financially rewarding fight.

The Filipino boxer is clearly the favorite in Saturday’s fight as he defends his world title against his unbeaten opponent in Brisbane.

This weekend fight is a must is a must win for Pacquiao if he must secure a rematch with Mayweather, according to Freddi Roach.

“He (Horn) can derail us really badly. Manny is, I think, in a must-win situation. He wants a rematch with Mayweather,” Roach said

“And I mean to get Mayweather you have to look good against Jeff Horn, he has to look good, he has to be impressive. “I think there is a lot riding on this fight and I feel Manny has to look really good in this fight and the way the training camp went, I think he will.”

Pacquiao was coy about a possible rematch, reiterating that his focus was on the fight at hand, World Boxing Organisation Welterweight title fight, against 29 year old Horn at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium.

“If there’s a chance, why not. I’m willing, but let’s focus first for this fight,” the 38-year-old eight-weight world champion responded to reporters when asked about a rematch with Mayweather.

“We don’t want to underestimate Horn thinking about another fight, this fight is not done yet.”

Pacquiao, 38, who is now a Senator in the Philippines retired last year from boxing, before staging a successful comeback against Vargas in November, and is juggling both duties at the moment.

Boxing legend Mayweather, 40, is coming out of retirement to fight mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor in August.

Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather are the best fighters of their time in the Welterweight Category.

Re: Pacquiao And Mayweather Rematch Coming Soon by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mayweather is way over Pacquiao and has nothing more to prove with on boxers of today... That's why his next top box office boxing match is against an UFC fighter

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo To Leave Portugal Squad To Be With Newborn Children. / Kanu Nwankwo And Jay Jay Okocha Up For Keepy Uppy Challenge (video) / Super Eagles And Hapoel Be’er Sheva Midfielder Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.