Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

How Nigeria Should Be Restructured - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Should Be Restructured (622 Views)

12 Ways APC Wants Nigeria To Be Restructured,among Is Merging & State Creation. / Nigeria Will Never Be Restructured - Shehu Sani / Why Nigeria Cannot Be Restructured – IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigeria Should Be Restructured by ehinmowo: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
HOW DO YOU THINK NIGERIA SHUD BE RESTRUCTURED? I THINK IT SHUD BE IN THESE DIRECTIONS
1. GOVERNANCE....SCRAP D TWO PARLIAMENTRY SYSTEM, MAKE RECALL PROCESS OF LAWMAKERS EASIER, CREATE MORE STATES, TAKE D POWER TO SACK D PRESIDENT, GOVNORS AND OTHER ELECTED OFFICERS FRM D LAWMAKER S TO D PPLEETC.2. SECURITY...STATE POLICING, GENETIC AND BIOMENTRIC I.D OF NIGERIANS3. ECONOMY...RESOURCE CONTROL, UNBUNDLING OF THE EXCLUSIVE LEGISLATIVE LIST
Re: How Nigeria Should Be Restructured by ehinmowo: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
#
Re: How Nigeria Should Be Restructured by nototribalist: 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
ehinmowo:
HOW DO YOU THINK NIGERIA SHUD BE RESTRUCTURED? I THINK IT SHUD BE IN THESE DIRECTIONS
1. GOVERNANCE....SCRAP D TWO PARLIAMENTRY SYSTEM, MAKE RECALL PROCESS OF LAWMAKERS EASIER, CREATE MORE STATES, TAKE D POWER TO SACK D PRESIDENT, GOVNORS AND OTHER ELECTED OFFICERS FRM D LAWMAKER S TO D PPLEETC.2. SECURITY...STATE POLICING, GENETIC AND BIOMENTRIC I.D OF NIGERIANS3. ECONOMY...RESOURCE CONTROL, UNBUNDLING OF THE EXCLUSIVE LEGISLATIVE LIST
you don smoke weed today again abi?

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Should Be Restructured by ehinmowo: 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
nototribalist:
you don smoke weed today again abi?

receive sense ijn

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Should Be Restructured by ckmayoca: 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
Both of you above me should get a ring and fight instead of here.
Re: How Nigeria Should Be Restructured by shobenward: 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
I support those that argue that Nigeria should have 6 regions and even more importantly the constitution must acknowledge all the ethnic tribes in Nigeria, no matter their size..Each region would have resource control and would each have their own sub constitution designed along their ethnic practices i.e the north east could base their constitution on sharia if they so please. This regions would then create states along their sub ethnic leanings i.e The Yoruba region could create states such as ijebu, Egba .The South South could create ijaw and itshekiri states etc.with each of this states having representatives at the respective parliament of each region.
The federal level should be a parliamentary system headed by a prime minister who will function as head of government and a president as head of state and will also double as president of the Senate. The Federal government would only be largely concerned with foreign affairs coordination and defence,border security.
Education would be a joint affair between the regions and the federal government .
All items on the concurrent and the residual list would be handled by the regions with the power to devolve them to their respective states. This is my idea of an ideal Nigeria where the South will not feel threatened by the northern conservative attitude and each region would develop at its own determined pace free from external pressures and would even begin to adopt their own indigenous language as official languages in their respective domains and would adopt their own educational syllabi without fear of one religion over the other with minimal input from the federal level. Each contributing to the centeredness their own fair share.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Finally Meets With Amechi & THIS Happened (video) / Lam,not Ladoja Initiated Ibadan Circular Road Project-apc / Buhari Declared As The NUMBER ONE Ghost Worker In The Entire Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.