Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base (23050 Views)

Man Sentenced For Stealing Fried Meat At Aso Rock Hotel, Lagos / Army Invades Supermarket In LASU , Slap Managers, As Customers Run [WATCH] / Man Rapes His 17-Year-Old Daughter In Lagos, Turns Her Into His Sex Object (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by nurex01(m): 3:35am On Jun 28, 2017
The management of Little Palace Hotel, Ishawo, Ikorodu, Lagos State, has accused the Nigerian Army of forcefully taking over its facility.

It alleged that the manager of the hotel, Friday Imhanzuria, was arrested and detained for over two months at the Nigerian Navy Base, Apapa, for demanding the reopening of the hotel.

The counsel for the hotel, Moses Okosun, said although the incident happened sometime in July 2015, efforts by the management to seek audience with the military authorities did not yield result until February 2017, when the Army said the Lagos State Government authorised the use of the hotel.

Okosun said when he wrote the government seeking explanation, the state denied knowledge of authorisation, demanding proofs that it gave the order.

He said the hotel was considering suing the government for damages, adding that losses running into millions of naira had been incurred.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Little Palace was one of the two hotels on Tapa Street, Oke-Oko, Ishawo, a community under militant siege.

It was learnt that as the clash between security operatives and the militants intensified, many residents fled their homes, just as the two hotels in the area were shut sometime in June 2015.

Our correspondent was told that when the military entered the community, the two hotels were occupied and used as military bases.

However, the owner of the second hotel met the authorities after a month and his property was vacated by soldiers.

The manager of Little Palace Hotel, Imhanzuria, said when he approached the military as well, he was arrested.

He said, “The hotel was opened in November 2014 and the owner, Mr. Ehioze Aimuan, is based in Italy. He asked me to manage the hotel. When the clashes between the militants and security agents increased and some DSS officials were killed, people fled their homes. We also shut the hotel.

“But the Nigerian Army broke the door and turned the place into a base for its soldiers. We waited for a few months, thinking they would leave, but they didn’t leave. My brother advised that I approach them.

“When I got to their barracks at Odogunyan, Ikorodu, I was arrested. I spent 24 hours at the barracks before I was transferred to the Nigerian Navy Base, Apapa. I spent over two months there. They alleged that vandals stayed in my hotel and I must produce them.

“I denied the allegation. They kept me there for over two months and later released me without any charge. I was told that my family spent over N250,000 before I became a free man.”

Imhanzuria said while the military continued to stay in Little Palace, they returned the second hotel to the owner, who had political connections.

The hotel lawyer, Okosun, told PUNCH Metro that the soldiers, after converting the hotel into their operational base, consumed assorted wines and food stored in the facility.

PUNCH Metro sighted correspondences among Okosun, the Nigerian Army and the state government over the matter.

Okosun, in a letter dated February 7, 2017, and addressed to the General Officer Commanding, 81 Division, Nigerian Army, called the attention of the GOC to the invasion, saying the hotel management needed an explanation.

The Army, in a letter dated February 23, 2017, and signed by one Colonel S.J.A. Ilori for the GOC, said soldiers had been withdrawn from the facility.

“I am directed to acknowledge the receipt of your letter. I am further directed to inform you that the military personnel deployed in the Little Palace Hotel nicely withdrew for some administrative purposes. Consequently, I am to add that you forward all enquires with regard to the hotel to the Lagos State Government who authorised the use of the facility for the soldiers for the conduct of their operation accordingly,” the letter read in part.

Okosun, in a letter to the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Lagos State, demanded investigation into the occupation of the hotel.

“The said hotel is still under lock and key despite the ‘nice withdrawal’ of the soldiers. Our client does not know the person or agency in possession of the key to the premises,” he said in the letter, dated March 7, 2017.

The state government, in letters dated April 4 and 11, acknowledged the receipt of the March 7 letter, saying it was receiving attention.

But in a response dated April 27, 2017, one Mrs. Akhidime Monisola, a principal state counsel who wrote on behalf of the Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice, said the government could not confirm it handed over the facility to the military.

She said, “In your letter, it was alleged that the Lagos State Government authorised the use of the hotel for soldiers for the conduct of their operation, but there was no reference to the particular ministry, department or agency of the Lagos State Government involved.

“I am directed that you forward all relevant documents to sustain the allegations levelled against the state government to the Office of the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.”

Okosun, in his reply, dated May 16, 2017, berated the government for the illegal occupation of the hotel.

He said, “We find it ridiculous and utterly preposterous that our client, who is a victim of the illegal and unconstitutional authorisation granted by the Lagos State Government, is the one being asked to provide documents evidencing the illegality of government’s action.

“The assertion was categorically made by the highest echelon of the Nigerian Army in Lagos. Rather than engage or confront the military authority that made the assertion, you now require our client to provide the documents. If we may ask, was our client privy to the request of the state government to the Nigerian Army for internal security support? Was our client a party to the arrangement to confiscate his private property for the use of the Nigerian Army? Has the army denied authorship of the letter we forwarded to you?

“We are amazed that the Lagos State Government can perpetrate such illegality and reprehensible act as confiscating the property of a private citizen in a constitutional democracy. Such brazen acts of illegality were unknown even when Nigeria was under the jackboots of martial governance. It is shameful and utterly reprehensible that the present administration, a civilian regime, can authorise such illegality.”

He said the hotel had suffered losses in excess of N50m since the incident occurred.

He lamented that letters addressed to the Governor of the state, Akinwunmi Ambode; Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, had gone unreplied.

When our correspondent contacted the spokesperson for the Nigerian Army, 81 Division, Major Sydney Mbaneme, he promised to call back, but had yet to do so as of press time.

The Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Steve Ayorinde, did not pick his call and had yet to respond to a text message requiring his response to the invasion.

http://punchng.com/army-invades-turns-lagos-hotel-into-operational-base/

1 Share

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by Ajimike(m): 3:54am On Jun 28, 2017
Immediately after may 29, 2015, Nigeria became lawless

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by conductor5: 4:07am On Jun 28, 2017
Wrong. Nigeria officially became a zoo on January 1, 1914.

I wonder how the British would be laughing at the zoo each time they look at Nigeria, the unfortunate contraption it created out of experiment some hundred years ago.

Let tractor fall on Fruad Luggard whereever he is.

44 Likes

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by ORACLE1975(m): 4:21am On Jun 28, 2017
ghn ghn
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by sarrki(m): 4:25am On Jun 28, 2017
Ajimike:

So we should have allowed all the terrorist group and bandits to operates freely.

For the hotel the owner should seek redress in a court of law
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by Paperwhite(m): 4:51am On Jun 28, 2017
sarrki:

So we should have allowed all the terrorist group and bandits to operates freely.

Now what about the Hausa-Fulanis that the army have willingly colluded with them to kill hapless Nigerians? So the army can't organized their own logistics to fight internal security threat but only to resort to this nonsense-violating people's rights? Is this the first time Nigeria Army will be lawless or is this how it's being done in civilized settings.Stop defending shit.My dad was a retired soldier if you care.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 28, 2017
sarrki:

Mr Sarrki let's leave falsehood and embrace the truth.

29 Likes

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by Nutase: 5:17am On Jun 28, 2017
Banana republic.

10 Likes

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by nurex01(m): 5:57am On Jun 28, 2017
I believe they are on a mission. There was an incident reported in Ilorin some years ago
When a man was killed(they know what he did) but none what he did because all the reporterts have speculations about him. Though, they arrived in the evening and carried out their operations in the midnight. Kudos to our gallant soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by nurex01(m): 6:00am On Jun 28, 2017
I guess "maybe" the hotel harbours hoodlums.
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by orisa37: 6:07am On Jun 28, 2017
Bokoharam/Biafra and Fulani/Igbo Extended Rat Race to loot Nigeria.
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by pentlumpro(f): 7:13am On Jun 28, 2017
Afonjas see your life

1 Like

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:21am On Jun 28, 2017
orisa37:
Bokoharam/Biafra and Fulani/Igbo Extended Rat Race to loot Nigeria.

Yes general! It is definitely nonsense that he posted!

5 Likes

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by Mustafa11: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2017
Yes i stay in the area the hotel is base of the millitant also the management sell fuel Petrol so no story also the hotel dis not worth 7 million naira

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by Mustafa11: 8:46am On Jun 28, 2017
The hotel is house of Late Osi the supreme head of Ijaw youth in Isawo 50 million koo 1 billion ni
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by Mustafa11: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2017
Mr Imhanzuria let me remind you sometime in 2014 early when u use your honda prelude to carry bunkry into the hotel and sell to your customers so now you are writing rubbish here as a free man u and your Lawyer, Igbo i stay in oke oko tapa road opposite little Palace hotel so no story blogger

5 Likes

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by orisa37: 8:56am On Jun 28, 2017
OPC should investigate and report on line.
Ambode and Akiolu should also investigate and report.
And if this Post is fake, the Threader should be treated like Evans, the Billionaire Kidnapper, for he might be fronting dangerously taking advantage of Yoruba Complacency..
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by obontami: 9:04am On Jun 28, 2017

Please re-open the hotel so boys go fit go put prick for toto there!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by thecrush: 9:05am On Jun 28, 2017
Even harrassing the Manager...
Wicked People

1 Like

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by DancingSkeleton(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2017
dem no dey ever use their head . power power all the time angry
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by chillybrandy(f): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2017
This is the peak of lawlessness.It's my birthday family

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by anibi9674: 9:08am On Jun 28, 2017
OK.
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by vivianbelema(f): 9:10am On Jun 28, 2017
No comment
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by nototribalist: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2017
I don't know why I'm having a feeling of June 12 incident to Happen soon in Nigeria. And thiefnubuu will run to Ghana again.

2 Likes

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by AntiWailer: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2017
conductor5:
Wrong. Nigeria officially became a zoo on January 1, 1914.

I wonder how the British would be laughing at the zoo each time they look at Nigeria, the unfortunate contraption it created out of experiment in some hundred years ago.

Let tractor fall on Fruad Luggard whereever he is.

It is sad when youths can not reason on their own without employing 'WORDS' from wrong source.
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by SalamRushdie: 9:14am On Jun 28, 2017
This is really sad and lawless
Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by EmmyDJourno: 9:18am On Jun 28, 2017
What a country, since July 2015
angry, another man's business, then they detained the manager for 2months

Our institutions are rubbish and the people are a disgrace (me inclusive) cry

In the words of Uncle Wole, "What a wasted generation"

Please Note: Let me go yo my cry corner and laugh grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by colghun: 9:19am On Jun 28, 2017
pentlumpro:
Afonjas see your life

1 Like

Re: Army Invades Little Palace Hotel, Lagos, Turns It Into Operational Base by mark2sunny(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2017
Ajimike:

You're damn right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drama Between A Police Officer And A Man Who Refused To Settle Him / Heavy Police Presence In Abule Egba Following Reports Of Gunshots (Photos) / Magu: Report Says Interest On N550 Billion Re-Looted - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.