Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,688 members, 7,844,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF (470 Views)

Police Arrest Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans’ Lawyer In Court / This Is What NPF Should Do If They Really Want To Curtail The Excesse Of SARS / Press Release Evans Is Intact In Police Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF by davodyguy: 7:32am On Jun 28, 2017
I read a news article couple of days ago about the Police being under pressure to release billionaire kidnapper Evans. https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/06/24/police-pressure-release-billionaire-kidnapper-evans/

Never say never in Nigeria, cos anything is possible in this incredible country.

In this country a Minister Bola Ige was killed and no one has been charged since 2001
Harry Marshal, Funso Williams, Otunba Dipo Dina and many others have been killed and no one has answered for the charges

We know Kudira Abiola was Killed by Military men, but AMza Al Mustapha was held since 1999 alleged to have ordered Sergent Rogers to kill Kudirat Abiola, but was later released cause the prosecution couldn't prove the case that he ordered the killing.

Let's look at Saraki's case. He anticipated assets acquisition and filled them in his form submitted to the CCB, whereas as at that time he filled the form, he hasn't acquired the assets. He acquired them much more later. We all know this is corruption. Guess what, the CCT held that the prosecution couldn't prove the case or that they weren't fair to him. The Chairman of the tribunal never said Saraki didn't lie but rather throughout the case based on technicalities.

You can see similarity between the case of Al mustapha and saraki.

In a saner evironment, President Trump wanted a travel ban, the lower courts gave decisions against him, but the supreme court did something, based some aspect of what he wanted, in the overall interest of the Americans.

Lets bring it back to Evans' matter.

The NPF can sometimes act like crooks and rouges.
We were told that Evans was arrested in 2006 for armed robbery. There's difference between a thief and an armed robber. Someone who's armed can kill or may have killed. Yet, the criminal was released.

In 2017, he has been arrested again, this time for armed robbery and kidnapping.

Acting Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Galadanshi Dasuki while addressing news men on Saturday at the Command Headquarters, Ikeja, said that the Police were not in a hurry to release Evans , inspite of calls from different quarters to do so.
I first asked myself, who are the people that would want a murderer to be released?.

There's so much difference between Evans and Saraki, as well as other corrupt politicians in Nigeria. See why

Evans has been a kidnapper for a long time and has been on the[b] wanted list of the Police in Anambra, Abuja, Enugu, Edo and Lagos states[/b]. He also has a criminal gang, some of whom have been arrested in Enugu and Lagos.

Take note of the highlighted texts. Why will people call for his release? Is it because they're not affected?

One of the reasons why we should watch the NPF carefully is centered around the release of other suspects tied to Evans

Evans: Drama as court grants bail to 3 suspects

The drama started after three of the suspects who were earlier detained before the suspected kingpin, Evans, was arrested, were granted bail by a Yaba Magistrate court. The trio, Kingsley Egbeonu, Emeka Egbuligha and Tochukwu Nwosu, all staff of Maydon Pharmacy in Ilupeju, whose owner, Chief Dona Dunu, escaped from Evans’ kidnappers den at Igando, were accused of masterminding the kidnap of their boss. They were subsequently arrested after their boss escaped and narrated his sordid experiences while in captivity.

Evans and his subsequent parade at the command headquarters, Ikeja, an identification parade was carried out and both Evans and other members of his gang said they did not know the three staff of the pharmaceutical company.

Saturday Vanguard learned that after this, their lawyers went to a Yaba Magistrate court to vacate police detention order placed on their heads.
What happens from here? Let's imagine the fate of Chief Dunu who parted with a huge ransom of N150m
If this man is killed, what happens to Maydon Pharmacy, his family and other members of staff?

We must put pressure on the NPF to do a proper job and use Evans' case to serve as deterrent to anyone of us who might want to go into kidnapping in the future.

#saynotoreleaseofevans
#evansmustbetried
#evansmustgotojail
Re: If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF by Jabioro: 7:39am On Jun 28, 2017
Releasing Evans would make me personally deny this country.. on what ground, ?
Re: If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF by fergie001: 7:41am On Jun 28, 2017
You and who?
The NPF arrest am b4?
They are using him to help the Ministry of Culture and Tourism like the masquerade affair one Minister promised us.
Truth be told,Evans if not gruesomely murdered by a rival gang,he is a free man,ask Kabiru Sokoto.

Re: If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF by davodyguy: 7:43am On Jun 28, 2017
Jabioro:
Releasing Evans would make me personally deny this country.. on what ground, ?

Anything is possible in this country.

Commit any offense, hire the best lawyers who can settle the judge, then you're a freeman
Re: If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF by KahlDrogo(m): 7:45am On Jun 28, 2017
We'd be lucky if we don't see people actively marching in the streets in protest for his release. cheesy

1 Like

Re: If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF by Jabioro: 7:49am On Jun 28, 2017
davodyguy:

Anything is possible in this country.

Commit any offense, hire the best lawyers who can settle the judge, then you're a freeman
Great damages would be done to already battered surface of ours security, judiciary and many more issues that we needed to ponder if it happened..
Re: If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF by vedaxcool(m): 7:56am On Jun 28, 2017
nairaland will prefer celebrating criminals lie fkk, cownu. liar Reno to bringing real issues like the op has poster.
Re: If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF by Tiffbuxas: 7:57am On Jun 28, 2017
If dem release am nothing will happen... All buhari and Co has been doing to this country how many protest have you people done... When boko haram are bombing and kidnapping us in the north how many protest... They should release him sef let him continue to kidnap in the south
Re: If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF by davodyguy: 8:27am On Jun 28, 2017
vedaxcool:
nairaland will prefer celebrating criminals lie fkk, cownu. liar Reno to bringing real issues like the op has poster.

Honestly, I wonder why this happen on this website. We leave serious issues for frivolous ones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The NPF Should Release Evans, You And I Should Revolt Against The NPF by vedaxcool(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2017
davodyguy:

Honestly, I wonder why this happen on this website. We leave serious issues for frivolous ones

The owner has no great vision just make him bellyful.

(1) (Reply)

Evans Seeks ₦300m In Damages After Filing Fresh Charges Against Nigeria’s Police / A Thug Beats Up His Handicapped 3 Months Pregnant Girlfriend To Death (video) / Parents Of Kidnapped Lagos Pupils Pay N31m Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.