Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,227 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:52 PM

Who Is More Influential Between The Sultan Of Sokoto And RCCG GO, Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is More Influential Between The Sultan Of Sokoto And RCCG GO, Pastor Adeboye (966 Views)

Suicide: Update On Michael Arowosaiye And RCCG / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye / Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is More Influential Between The Sultan Of Sokoto And RCCG GO, Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 28, 2017
I have often wondered the scope of influence of both the RCCG GO and the Sultan of Sokoto.
The sultan of sokoto is viewed as the Nigerian Islamic leader, his influence in Nigeria cuts across ethnicities. His influence makes it possible to help shape opinion and even laws in Nigeria. The Sultan presumably has great influence also backed by a Sunni wahabi Saudi Arabia.

Pastor Adeboye is the General overseer of RCCG Church which is present In over 190 countries. His influence cuts across denominations in Africa as some of his protégées also command great followings e.g Living faith. which automatically means those Churches are under the scope of influence of Adeboye. The total number of people who physically visit redemption camp for congress would make any political leader careful not to be on Adeboye's bad list as just ONE political statement/directive to ppl on RCCG camp alone can decisively alter the result of an election, not to talk of the entire RCCG community, and the entire Christian Community.

So I would like to know the opinion of nairalanders on who amongst these two is more influential in Nigeria.

Lalasticlala oya wink
Re: Who Is More Influential Between The Sultan Of Sokoto And RCCG GO, Pastor Adeboye by Baawaa(m): 10:49am On Jun 28, 2017
You can't compare "dead person with person that is sleeping".Papa Adeboye all the ways.
Re: Who Is More Influential Between The Sultan Of Sokoto And RCCG GO, Pastor Adeboye by odiereke(m): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2017
Baba Adeboye is the main one.
Re: Who Is More Influential Between The Sultan Of Sokoto And RCCG GO, Pastor Adeboye by amodu(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
A first class king, prominent religious leader and number 1 Muslim in Nigeria cannot be compared to leader of just one sect in Christendom.

Igi Imú Jina sì orí
Re: Who Is More Influential Between The Sultan Of Sokoto And RCCG GO, Pastor Adeboye by hoMegas(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Son Inlaw/chief Of Staf Dumps His Community Due To Osu Caste System (pix) / Tithes And Offering Not Compulsory - Dr DK Olukoya / The Benefits Of Fasting – Dr DK Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.