Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

New Hairstyle! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / New Hairstyle! (10576 Views)

Ladies Checkout This Latest Cute And Sexy Hairstyle / Michelle Obama's New Hairstyle: Hit Or Miss? / My New Hairstyle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Hairstyle! by topup: 3:00am On Jan 28, 2010
Hey house!!

I'm bored and looking for my mind to be opened to all types of hairstyles, if you've got an idea send it in. I'm so confused, I haven't really cared about my hair for some time now, and now that feeling of 'I want a new look' has come,

What do you suggest (PICTURES PLEASE), my personality:

-fun,
-cute, etc

I prefer hairstyles that are:

-practical,
-can be styled into at least 3 different ways and if not, it must look AMAZING in its one style instead,
-coloured brown, burgundy, chocolate, pink, black (don't tend to like black) honey you name it I've tried it,
-cut neatly, not messy 'everything-in-one' hairstyles.

Please do not suggest; Rihanna hair (I am not shaving half my head).

I don't mind weaves, ideally I would love my hairstyle to come as a closed weave, or braids, I'm trying to protect my hair.

Now. . my hair is in cornrows at the sides, with my natural/real hair left out in the front for a quiff.
smiley

Much appreciated!!
Re: New Hairstyle! by mamagee3(f): 3:16am On Jan 28, 2010
I have a brown weave on. grin grin
Re: New Hairstyle! by topup: 3:16am On Jan 28, 2010
Yeah, I think brown weaves are really lovely, I usually opt for the colour 1b and occasionally 2, I usually mix them though so . . .
Re: New Hairstyle! by platinumnk(f): 3:21am On Jan 28, 2010
try 1b and 33

Re: New Hairstyle! by topup: 3:27am On Jan 28, 2010
platinumnk:

try 1b and 33

Oh. . yes!! My sister tried this once, it's really coppery, nice mix.
Re: New Hairstyle! by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 28, 2010
just a guy putting his 2 cents.

Re: New Hairstyle! by madlady(f): 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2010
smiley smiley

@Poster, why not try the style you have but the other way round.

Cane row the front,sides and half the top with all your natural hair left out at the back.

I love this style I have it on in my profile pic, its very easy to keep and st lye,only takes a short time to do and very easy to re-do.

You can tong or press the back if you want to change the texture of your hair so no need for harsh products.
Re: New Hairstyle! by iice(f): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2010
Rofl @ MrBrown. . .me sef fear the weave grin
Re: New Hairstyle! by platinumnk(f): 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

just a guy putting his 2 cents.

lol I was suggesting the color not the weave . . . real chicks know how to do flawless hair.
And to never be questioned if its a weave . . . lol not like beyonce tongue

Re: New Hairstyle! by uchesco4: 7:06pm On Jan 28, 2010
better thing na money.
Re: New Hairstyle! by mamagee3(f): 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2010

[quote][/quote]

I like this weave. tongue
Re: New Hairstyle! by madlady(f): 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
platinumnk:

lol I was suggesting the color not the weave . . . real chicks know how to do flawless hair.
And to never be questioned if its a weave . . . lol not like beyonce tongue

Gosh that really is good. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: New Hairstyle! by oyinda3(f): 5:07am On Jan 29, 2010
get single braids in the different colors that u prefer. use natural hair extensions so that u can style it, curl it etc as u please.
it seems like an obvious answer so maybe u already thought abt that.
Re: New Hairstyle! by topup: 4:49am On Jan 30, 2010
Hahaha, MrBrownJay - of course it should ALWAYS look good, even at the jeopardy of achieving something different.

I love the pics platinumnk, so lovely, is that a lace-front? I can't even see the lace or closure.

Madlady, I don't normally like leaving my natural hair out, but I really like the style of your hair in your profile pic, I'm sure with the right hairdresser, the hair will look its best, I have seen some attempts of that style that didn't look so good.
Re: New Hairstyle! by madlady(f): 8:42am On Jan 30, 2010
@topup I am glad you could see it, I  put a picasa effect on it so that I do not show too clearly.

One thing about that style, you need to see the point of your head that makes you look the most appealing ah ah ah
Grab your hair into a pony and see at which point it suits you the best, top of the head or just towards the back,that's the point you end your cane rows.

I do that style myself, you can do it with bulk hair human extentsions if you do not want to use your natural hair alone. My Cousin's hair is very short kinky hair, I do it for her every week or 2.
I use a good quality yaki bulk hair 20 inch (i double the hair, so only use one pack) colour 1b or the next,looks more realistic
If you are going to use extensions you must have the the cane rows done finer than on my pic. kiss kiss
Re: New Hairstyle! by topup: 6:36am On Feb 25, 2010
Thanks madlady, very useful advice, currently I've done a full wavy/curly hair weave in 1b inspired by that same hairstyle.
Re: New Hairstyle! by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 25, 2010
http://www.essenceofbraiding.com/index.php?page=gallery&cat=8

for the weave revolution  lol

the girl's weave is nice though
Re: New Hairstyle! by Nobody: 3:56am On Mar 02, 2010
i saw this pic and thought of this thread.

now some weave are great and beautiful on women, other are kinda nasty like first pic posted on this thread . . . . . . . . . . AND THEN YOU HAVE THE SHAMEFUL ONES!
this is the kind of weave that makes ANY man throw up in disgust. this poor lady is flaunting her Bosoms trying to take any guys attention away from her hair who look DAMN SCARY!!!!!
you can even see the nappy hair creeping under that rag, oh lawd, help her please!

Re: New Hairstyle! by oyinda3(f): 4:04am On Mar 02, 2010
^lol. dat's disgusting. definitely a "what-not-to-do" rotfl
can u plz post pics of well done weaves/ hairstyles or a "what-to-do" lol
that will be very helpful cheesy tongue
Re: New Hairstyle! by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 02, 2010
i think, the best weaves out there are the ones that we cant even notice  and for me to post great ones will fill this thread 50pages deep but when i find monstrosity like the one above, the temptation was too great to post it.
ok so here is a good looking ones. imho:

Re: New Hairstyle! by madlady(f): 6:34am On Mar 02, 2010
topup:

Thanks madlady, very useful advice, currently I've done a full wavy/curly hair weave in 1b inspired by that same hairstyle.

Ok that's great.

I don't use the extentions on my hair but I do on my Cousin's and it's very realistic and cute. It should suit you because if a remember you have dimples and you look very young (I will have to change my hair style soon, I might be getting a bit too old for it).

I think the colour 1b is a very easy colour for most blacks, even if you mix with another colour it's still looks classy.

By the way how far back did you cane-row the hair to, at what point of your head did you leave the hair loose, the reason I ask, I use the 1b straight on my Cousin's hair, she normal then sets in heated rollers, maybe I will tell her to buy the wavy, it would save her lots of time.
kiss kiss
Re: New Hairstyle! by OmoFyne: 3:00am On Mar 03, 2010
Re: New Hairstyle! by egovenperu: 6:58am On Oct 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAJClHz2I6k. Help your friend save their money. Real Peruvian Virgin Hair does not come from china, all you get is fake processed hair mixed with everything else. You cannot get authentic Peruvian Virgin Hair on alibaba or DHgate. There is a company based in Peru that finally has made the expensive and illusive Peruvian Hair very affordable to everyone. See their video on youtube and visit their website on www.egoven.com

(1) (Reply)

50 BEST Ankara Short Gown Styles For 2021 / Owambe Lace Styles 2022 | 2022 Latest Beautiful Lace Gown Styles For Weddings / Brazilian Man Got A Dog Face“dogman” By Plastic Surgery [photos] -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.