Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,062 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees (715 Views)

IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU / VCs, ASUU Reject 120 Cut-Off Mark For University Admission / Akwa Ibom Polytechnic Students Protest & Block School Gate Over Hike In Fees(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
The Nigerian Senate is set to summon no fewer than 38 Vice Chancellors of Federal Universities in the country over increase in tuition fees.
This was disclosed by the Chairman, Senate Committee on Tertiary Institutions and TETFUND, Senator Barau Jibrin, on Tuesday.

Recall that the chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) of the University of Ibadan, Deji Omole, said that 38 Universities have increased their tuition fees.

He credited the increment to poor funding of the institutions by the Federal Government.

Some of the institutions mentioned include: University of Lagos (UNILAG), Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), University of Nigeria (UNN), Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Bayero University Kano (BUK), University of Abuja, Usman Danfodiyo University (UDUS),

University of Ilorin, and National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) among others.

Senator Jibrin said the VCs would be invited to defend the increment when the Senate resumes from Sallah break next Tuesday.

Source: https://thewhistler.ng/story/senate-to-summon-38-vcs-over-hike-in-tuition-fees?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by remi1444: 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
excellent development..

1 Like

Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2017
grin Buhari wan pay him private jet parking fees cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by LionDeLeo: 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2017
You are summoning vcs over hike in tuition fees but yet to explain what happens to millions allocated for your constituency allowances.

Bunch of power drunk thieves.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
remi1444:
excellent development..
grin
Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
grin Buhari wan pay him private jet parking fees cheesy
Lol. I heard the cattle rearer is on life support grin
Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by SalamRushdie: 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nobody should summon any body , every single cost component of running schools under Buhari has increased by 3 times so school fees must go up , the only person to be summoned is the very incompetent Buhari or his ministers

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:
You are summoning vcs over hike in tuition fees but yet to explain to us what happens to millions allocated to your constituency allowances.

Bunch of power drunk thieves.
Our senators amaze me a lot. Well, if they have the audacity to summon the VCs, note the word summon, then it means that the government has been playing its part in the disbursement of funds. Just saying tho
Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nobody should summon any body , every single cost component of running schools under Buhari has increased by 3 times so school fees must go up , the only person to be summoned is the very incompetent Buhari or his ministers
You're not far from the truth though.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by LionDeLeo: 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2017
MasterRahl:
Our senators amaze me a lot. Well, if they have the audacity to summon the VCs, note the word summon, then it means that the government has been playing its part in the disbursement of funds. Just saying tho

I think so too.

The implication is there is every likelihood the vcs have something up their sleeves.

But the issue is that the legislooters are worse.

Anyway, they might just be playing some make-belief scripts for we, "the gullible and helpless" spectators.
Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I think so too.

The implication is there is every likelihood the vcs have something up their sleeves.

But the issue is that the legislooters are worse.

Anyway, they might just be playing some make-belief scripts for we, "the gullible and helpless" spectators.
yes bro.
Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by Agimor(m): 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2017
Thieves summoning Thieves.... Nothing wey we nor go see for naija ohh.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Summon 38 Vcs Over Hike In Tuition Fees by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 28, 2017
Agimor:
Thieves summoning Thieves.... Nothing wey we nor go see for naija ohh.
Na so. While I agree that our senators are professional thieves, I can authoritatively tell u that the most corrupt agency in this country is the civil service and that includes the academia.

(1) (Reply)

** / Post UTME: Ambrose Alli University Post UTME Result Official Out / We Need I.T Students Who Will Volunteer In A Computer Academy In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.