Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Can I Start A Poultry With 800k? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Start A Poultry With 800k? (1483 Views)

How Do You Run A Poultry Business Without Running Mad? / What Kind Of Importation Business Should He Start With 800k / I Need Help From My Fellow Naija What Can I Do With 800k Pls: Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Start A Poultry With 800k? by isaiahlegend(m): 11:03am On Jan 28, 2010
pls i need info on how i can start a poultry business wit 800k,i hear its quite a small amount to invest in a poultry business considering the risks involved and so on or any other profitable business that will thrive well in a place like minna or nassarawa.
Thank you for ur anticipated responses.
Re: Can I Start A Poultry With 800k? by FrenchyL(m): 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hello,

i think that amount is good to start a poultry but you also have to put into consideration a couple of things:

1. The cost of feeding the birds. birds do not understand that you dont have cash to buy their feeds and it als depends on the type of birds you intend to breed. If you want to breed layers then be ready to spend more simply because they eat more.

2. The infrastructure or where you are going to house the birds. This has to be in place too though it should not cost you much to put these up, it just depends on who is doing it and the type of structure you want to use. i.e wood,bricks,blocks, undecided

3. The Lighting of this structure, I live in Jos so it is really cold out here and poultries here need to be light with 100-200 watts bulbs in order to keep the birds warm at night, during the harmattan period or even during the rainy periods of the year. WITHOUT GOOD LIGHTING IN PLACE, YOU STAND THE RISK OF LOSING A LOT OF BIRDS. DO nOT JOKE WITH THIS.

4. Finally, you also need to get the services of a professional vet doctor who will give your birds different types of vaccines to prevent them from certain poultry diseases.

Well, this is what i can tell you for now, Poultry business is very lucrative but you have to be patient . If you have any questions feel free to contact me, i will be willling to help because i have been down this road before.

Make a Great day and Remain Blessed.

Leslie Akraka,
opuborleslie@yahoo.fr
080 2900 5181
Re: Can I Start A Poultry With 800k? by FrenchyL(m): 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2010
Soory i forgot one more detail. if you live in Minna or Nassarawa, the weather there is quite hot so i propose that even in those cities or states a poultry can do well just ensure that the location of your poultry has trees i.e the environment is cool. The birds will do much better.

Ciao smiley
Re: Can I Start A Poultry With 800k? by isaiahlegend(m): 4:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
Thanks Frenchyl, Somebody advised that i shuld not go for layers but broilers adding that layers consume more feeds.
I may check u up when am fully ready to embark on the poultry adventure, Your comment was very helpful.
Thanks.
Re: Can I Start A Poultry With 800k? by duzz: 5:15pm On Jan 28, 2010
to be honest with you that amount is to small for a real commercial broiler operation and do not even think of layer because that amount is not up to buying a cage system, our lowest model is a 15m*6m*3m for 1500 broiler per flock even then although this is automated model, its still cost $29,999, and its comes with the house and incubator, do not bother yourself with layer farm because its virtually impossible with your budget
regards,
sales@primatronics.eu

Re: Can I Start A Poultry With 800k? by duzz: 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2010
to be honest with you that amount is to small for a real commercial broiler operation and do not even think of layer because that amount is not up to buying a cage system, our lowest model is a 15m*6m*3m for 1500 broiler per flock even then although this is automated model, its still cost $29,999, and its comes with the house and incubator, do not bother yourself with layer farm because its virtually impossible with your budget
regards,
matheworama@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Licensed Clearing Agents Stops Consignment Clearance ! / Please How Do I Get A USA Address For My Online Business / Student Loans For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.