Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Ogbon Ori Mi (my Knowledge Cannot...) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Ogbon Ori Mi (my Knowledge Cannot...) (409 Views)

Tree Of Knowledge / Oko Mi ( My Husband ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogbon Ori Mi (my Knowledge Cannot...) by lalaponcus(m): 9:26am On Jun 29, 2017
OGBON ORI MI (MY KNOWLEDGE CANNOT...)

Heyoo.
Let me try and describe daddy's God for you.

Mummy Soji says He is the creator.
The 'eleti-gbaroye' who heard her labour throes and gave her Soji.
The 'very big God o' who shielded Baba Soji during the night when the 'ojuju calabar' people came
The 'Olowo ori mi' that paid her bride price of freedom with His death on the cross.
That was God to mummy Soji.

Soji says God is his provider.
The one who provided the cornflakes and tea which he loves much.
The 'king of kings' who is much more powerful than Jackie chan, Jet li, and Rambo put together.
The 'lion of the tribe of Judah' who can save any Simba from every evil uncle and can transform any little Ben into ten unstoppable forces (Ben10).
The 'sweet Jesus' that wonderfully saved aunty Chioma from the 'gbomo gbomo' kidnappers who thought that she was 'oyinbo' because she is an albino.
That was God to Soji.

Aunty Chioma my teacher says God is her hope.
The 'akunechemba' who helped her conquer all the university lecturers that were trying to get into her blouse (why will someone want to do that!)

The 'Dim kpa nume' who daily gives her the strength to direct the children despite our sugar-crazed playfulness.
(Daddy uses words so big.
So forgive me if I use words I have not understood)

The 'onye-oma' who will put fire in uncles bosom everywhere he is.
Because she has stayed too long in the singles party and wants to decamp quick to the marriage party.

Who is God to Atinuke, you ask?
God is the daddy whom my earth daddy and big grand-daddy praise all the time.
He is the one who made mummy's hands so skillful that you will definitely lick the fingers when you eat every food she prepares.
He is the one who helps me understand mathematics easily even though my daddy says he was an 'olodo-rabata' in maths class.

God is everything and more.
Who is God to you?
#AtinukeBashorun

Okontas.com

(1) (Reply)

Farewell (sonnet) / Vigil / A Poem, "Do You Know Me?" My Very First Post On NL.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.