Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Human Traffickers Use Juju And Witchcraft To Bind Girls As Sex Slaves - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Human Traffickers Use Juju And Witchcraft To Bind Girls As Sex Slaves (421 Views)

Kaduna Arrests Aliyu Maikwari, A Cleric For Keeping Girls As Almajirai / Nigerian Girls Sold As Sex Slaves In Mali For N210,000 – NAPTIP / Even Paris Hotel, Imo Where Underage Girls Operate As Sex Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Human Traffickers Use Juju And Witchcraft To Bind Girls As Sex Slaves by Julianneozor: 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2017
Human trafficking by Nigerian crime gangs is one of the biggest challenges facing Britain’s anti-slavery Commissioner who expressed frustration at seeing the numbers of Nigerian women likely to be lured in few cases, and many others willing to consent to sex slavery, explode in the past two years.

Kevin Hyland, who was appointed Britain’s first Independent Anti-Slavery Commissioner in 2014 as part of the widely lauded Modern Slavery Act, said a failure of authorities to work together to end trafficking has let criminal groups flourish in their trade.

Hyland said Britain’s ground breaking legislation may have caused a legal and cultural sea change against modern slavery but more needed to be done, both in the UK and internationally.
He said there has been an eight-fold increase in the number of women arriving from Nigeria into Italy between 2014 and 2016.

<b><i><blockquote>“Of the 11,000 Nigerian women recorded arriving in Sicily in 2016 it is estimated about 80 percent (8,000) showed signs of being trafficked, he said, with witchcraft or “juju” spells often used to bind girls to their traffickers who use them as sex slaves”.</blockquote>
</i></b>
Hyland said the issue needed to be tackled upstream before victims reached Europe. “Why are we just waiting until the victims arrive here, until they’ve been exploited?”
Hyland told the Thomson Reuters Foundation in an interview to mark the second anniversary of the Modern Slavery Act. “We need to be a little bit more ambitious and stop it happening in the first place.”

Campaigners have hailed the Modern Slavery Act, which came into force on March 26, 2015, as a milestone in the struggle against a crime which affects as many as 46 million people worldwide, with up to 13,000 victims in Britain.

The act, seen as setting a global precedent, combines harsh penalties for traffickers with better protection for people at risk, and requires companies to disclose what they are doing to ensure their supply chains are slavery-free.

Source: BBC

http://spectascope.com/post/1218/Human-Traffickers-Use-Juju-and-Witchcraft-to-Bind-Girls-as-Sex-Slaves-

Re: Human Traffickers Use Juju And Witchcraft To Bind Girls As Sex Slaves by allstarcomic(m): 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2017
BOOKED

THANK YOU ALL FOR WATCHING MY COMEDY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE, GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE AS WELL,
SHOUT OUT TO THOSE WHO TIPPED ME ON WHAT TO ADD AND WHAT TO REMOVE IN MY NEXT SHOOTS, I LOVE YOU ALL
WITHOUT YOU MY WORK IS NOT COMPLETE,
GETTING READY FOR MY NEXT SHOOTS WHICH WILL TAKE PLACE NEXT MONTH,
BUT WHY WAITING FOR THE VIDEOS TO GET PUBLISHED, YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE ONES I HAVE ON YOUTUBE HERE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYK3rCkE-dU

I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORTS,
KISSES. tongue tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Soldier Steals Friend’s Car A Day After He Was Dismissed From Nigerian Army / How Aborted Baby Was Flushed In A Gutter In Enugu Female Hostel (graphic Photos / A Nigerian, Sodipo Williams Pleads Guilty To $12million Fraud In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.