Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges (2946 Views)

5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree / Major Challenges Facing The Nursing Practice In Nigeria.. / Help, I'm Having Challenges At Work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 9:14am On Jul 09, 2017
johnime:
How do you freeze the third row or fifth column?

Good Morning

To freeze Row 4

1. Click on 5 on the row number
2. Click on VIEW on the ribbon
3. Under the WINDOW GROUP look for freeze pane
4. Click on Freeze Panes

DONE

To Freeze Column 5

1. Click on F to highlight column 6
4. Click on Freeze Panes

DONE

If you want to freeze both (Row 4 & Column 5) at a time

1. Click on cell F5 to highlight the cell
4. Click on Freeze Panes

You're done

1 Like

Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by johnime: 9:39am On Jul 09, 2017
Thank I will try it out
Raymonbell:

Good Morning

To freeze Row 4

1. Click on 5 on the row number
4. Click on Freeze Panes

DONE

To Freeze Column 5

1. Click on F to highlight column 6
4. Click on Freeze Panes

DONE

If you want to freeze both (Row 4 & Column 5) at a time

1. Click on cell F5 to highlight the cell
4. Click on Freeze Panes

You're done

Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 10:59am On Jul 09, 2017
johnime:
Thank I will try it out

You're welcome
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by jasmine1(f): 11:10am On Jul 09, 2017
Good job bro!

Please how do change sentences from capital letters to small letters or vice versa
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
jasmine1:
Good job bro!

Please how do change sentences from capital letters to small letters or vice versa

Thank you, Boss

You'll need excel functions to achieve that.

To change all text to capital letter

1. Select an empty cell (e.g Cell B1)
2. Type =Upper(A1) into cell B1.
I assumed you're changing text in cell A1. If not, change the A1 to the cell you want to change its case
3. If you want to change entire column just drag the first

To change all text to lower case

2. Type =lower(A1) into cell B1.
I assumed you're changing text in cell A1. If not, change the A1 to the cell you want to change its case

To change the first alphabet to upper case ( Sentence case)

2. Type =Proper(A1) into cell B1.

I hope this help

Note:

=lower(A1) to change all alphabet to lower case

=upper(A1) to change all alphabet to capital letter

=proper(A1) to change all alphabet to sentence case

I'm using A1 as reference change it to the cell you want to affect in your worksheet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by jasmine1(f): 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
Thanks gidi gaan!
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 2:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
jasmine1:
Thanks gidi gaan!

You're welcome

Cc

Mod
Raymonbell:
Mod

Kindly push this thread to FrontPage or other forums for others to benefit and learn something new

Cc
crazyMan
1forall
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2017
Good Morning

We are still here

Regards
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by TES2LA(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
This is cool.... Nice one broh.
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
TES2LA:
This is cool.... Nice one broh.

Thanks Man

Kindly Join me in keeping the thread alive
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 5:24am On Jul 28, 2017
Still here
Anybody around
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by johnime: 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
Wtf happened to this thread.
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
johnime:
Wtf happened to this thread.
Alive and alive
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by asocubed(m): 10:15am On Jul 31, 2017
Good morning, Raymonbell

Thumbs up for the tutorials, really grateful. More knowledge, boss.

1 Like

Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 11:59am On Jul 31, 2017
asocubed:
Good morning, Raymonbell

Thumbs up for the tutorials, really grateful. More knowledge, boss.

You're welcome Boss

1 Like

Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by johnime: 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Keep them coming.

1 Like

Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by TES2LA(m): 10:06am On Sep 22, 2017
[quote][/quote]
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by johnime: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
How do add the number in Cell 1, 5,8,12 without doing autosum?
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by nurukool(m): 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
Good evening bro, really admire ur effort in keeping this threat alive I will like if I can get tutorial manual on Excel 2007 am a beginner trying to have knowledge on Excel. Thumbs up to u sir
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 8:08am On Oct 10, 2017
johnime:
How do add the number in Cell 1, 5,8,12 without doing autosum?

Are you referring to an entire row?

if not, you need to be specific with your cell address
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 8:20am On Oct 10, 2017
nurukool:
Good evening bro, really admire ur effort in keeping this threat alive I will like if I can get tutorial manual on Excel 2007 am a beginner trying to have knowledge on Excel. Thumbs up to u sir

Sorry I'm responding late I have been very busy this days

First, I will suggest you get Excel 2013

I will share some links with you later today

Cheers
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Raymonbell(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2017
nurukool:

Here is the video tutorial like I promised.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiMtZPx84E9mfoqEcHOXjgdrwEpmeD4xG

You can watch directly on YouTube or download to your computer
I will encourage you to download the videos for easy referencing anytime

Use this website to download playlist easily
http://megavn.com/
Copy the link of the YouTube playlist and insert it into the search box on Megavn

I will be here to answer any of your question and help with your challenges but ensure you quote or mention my username for me to notice your question easily

If you’re on tight budget try MTN night browsing.
MTN night and weekend browsing did the magic for me when I was a beginner

1 Like

Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Sikay19(m): 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hello here, I stumbled upon this educative right on time. Pls, how do i get started in learning excel and powerpoint?
Re: Excel Thread: Post Your Spreadsheet Challenges by Jules18: 11:48am On Sep 19, 2019
Please what is the code for the MTN night browsing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone With Info On Cipr (chartered Institute Of Public Relations) / University Of Melbourne International Scholarship - Australia 2019 / Masters In Uniport Or Futo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.