Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Seriki Joins Ogun Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seriki Joins Ogun Governorship Race (704 Views)

Adekunle Akinlade Rejects Ogun Governorship Election Result, Allege Manipulation / Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate / Segun Odegbami Contesting For Ogun Governorship - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Seriki Joins Ogun Governorship Race by Onayigaazeez(m): 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
SERIKI JOINS OGUN GOVERNORSHIP RACE

Barely 18 months to the governorship election in Ogun State, more stalwarts of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have continued to declare their intentions to vie for the governorship of Ogun State in 2019.

The latest entrant into the race is a former member of the House of Representatives and Special Adviser on Media to the National Chairman of PDP, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, Hon. Segun Seriki.

Seriki on Thursday formally declared his intention to vie for the governorship seat of Ogun State in 2019.

He made his intention known in Ado- Odo Ota during the Ogun West PDP stakeholders' meeting.

Thousands of PDP and Omoilu Foundation members were at the meeting to witness the declaration.

The venue of the meeting was filled to capacity as residents and passersby thronged the venue of the event.

Addressing the mammoth crowd, Seriki expressed gratitude to all PDP and Omoilu Foundation members who graced the occasion.

"I hereby declare my ambition to contest for the governorship of Ogun State in 2019 under the platform of PDP in collaboration with Omoilu Foundation. I am saying it publicly again, I am a member of Omoilu Foundation, I want to assure you all that the present hardship we are experiencing in Ogun State shall be a thing of the past if you all buy into this project.

"I can't do it alone. The decision of who becomes governor of Ogun State in 2019 lies in your hands. I am from Ijebu Igbo in Ijebu North Local Government Area. I am in this race because we are yet to have the opportunity to rule this state. I seek the cooperation of the people of Ogun West. I call on you to join me and let's fight this battle and win together. I am from Ijebu Igbo where it is widely believed we are rich. Yes, we are; but our land is underdeveloped. I am in this race to put things in order and give everybody sense of belonging," Seriki said.

He said with the support of party leaders and members of the party and Omoilu Foundation he is rest assured his message shall be passed across to the people at the grassroots.

Seriki promised that he would govern Ogun State in a manner everyone would be proud of, if given the opportunity.

(1) (Reply)

Most Of The Boys Clamouring For Biafra Are Frustrated - Rochas Okorocha / Breaking News: Apc Osun West Candidate Congratulates Isiaka Adeleke Of Pdp / PDP Crisis: Senate Caucus Vows Oust APC After Supreme Court Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.