Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Rapper AKA Blasts South African Airways (SAA) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rapper AKA Blasts South African Airways (SAA) (423 Views)

Burna Boy Warns MI Abaga For Supporting South African Rapper AKA / Ycee & Nigerians Drag Rapper,aka For His Silence Over Xenophobic Attack In SA / Rapper AKA Caught In Gay Club Doing This (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rapper AKA Blasts South African Airways (SAA) by Hoddboss: 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
South African rapper AKA took to social media to rant about the bad service he received from South African Airways (SAA).

Taking to Instagram, AKA said that he was shocked by the extremely bad service he received on his flight from Johannesburg to Munich, Germany a few months ago.

“I was jolted out of my seat and out of my sleep by a particularly rude woman. There’s something about being woken up with a big shock that really rattles you and gets your day off to a terrible start. I decided from that moment that I would try by all means to never @flysaa EVER again,” he wrote.

He went on to say that despite the airline being in “financial trouble”, it doesn’t cost much to provide the best service for their clients.

“I didn’t even have the energy to complain because I felt that it wouldn’t even make a difference. The national carrier is supposed to be a source of pride. It’s supposed to make you feel welcome when you return home from overseas and make you feel valued as a South African. It is for this reason that I was shocked to learn that SAA had made foreigners the faces of their Voyager campaign instead of using prominent South Africans such as myself and others.”

The 10 Fingers hitmaker said that he decided to write the post following the amazing service he recently received from the Dubai-based airline, Emirates.

AKA also said that he couldn’t believe that he was receiving better service from an airline which is much cheaper than SAA.

The rapper reassured his followers that he wasn’t going to lash out at the airline entirely but hopes his post inspires them to up their game when it came to their service.

“As a patriot, and as a supporter of all things South African, I want to take pride in our national carrier and support it as a person who travels a lot. So come ON @flysaa, do better … make us proud instead of forcing us to go elsewhere with our hard earned money,” he wrote.

SAA spokesperson Tlali Tlali said that the airline is aware of the rapper’s concerns and will reach out to him.

“We will attempt to contact and meet with him to discuss his concerns and engage with him on how we can improve our services and representation,” Tlali told TshisaLIVE.

https://southstreetking.com/rapper-aka-blasts-south-african-airways-saa/

(1) (Reply)

Fans React To Davido Unshaved Armpit / Bread-seller Turned Model Olajumoke Allegedly Bleaching Her Skin / Photo: Cobhams Looks Cute On This Day Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.