Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US (2999 Views)

Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! / Ijaws Blame Outsiders For Agitations To Cause Disturbance In Edo State / Peter Obi Blames Agitations On Poverty, Hunger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by victorDanladi: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
Biafra: Nigeria will defeat
separatist agitations, says US
Published June 29, 2017

Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja
Amid growing calls for secession , the United States
Ambassador to Nigeria , Stuart Symington, says
Nigerians who preach unity will overcome those
calling for secession .

Symington said this in a speech at an event held in
commemoration of the 241 st anniversary of
American independence in Abuja on Thursday .

The US envoy said his country and Nigeria shared
many similarities , most notably , diversity .
He said the first American President , George
Washington , had warned that those who seek to
weaken a country would always seek to start by
causing disunity.

Symington said , just like America , Nigeria would
remain a united country because of its determined
people and leaders .

He said , “Every time we have been challenged , we
overcame danger because we had visionary leaders
committed to union and citizens committed to
ensuring justice for all .

“Today , Nigeria is fortunate to have such leaders
and citizens . Together , they are dedicated to
keeping Nigeria united and just and to ensuring
every Nigerian is heard and taken into account and
treated fairly.
“Together , those Nigerians will overpower any call
to divide this nation.

“Thanks to them , thanks to you, the lamp of unity
and justice burns brightly both in our nations
tonight . And the sight of a united Nigeria ’ s light
lifts Africa and with it, the world .”

The US envoy said Nigeria ’ s diversity is an
inspiration to many countries .
He said that , just like the US , Nigeria ’ s plurality
was a source of strength.

Symington added , “ Wherever I meet a Nigerian , I
ask ‘ What do you like the most about your
country ?’ I like our diversity , our resilience, our
energy , our warmth, our spirit , our food .’

“Just like the United States , Nigeria is a
wonderfully diverse nation whose differences and
diversity are sources of strength and reason for
pride . ”

www.punchng.com/biafra-nigeria-will-defeat-separatist-agitations-says-us/

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by ScotsReferendum: 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
False news
Very false news

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by victorDanladi: 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
This man has forgotten that,US states choosed to live together like two lovers with true mutual love,but we,Nigerians were forced to live together by our master,britain,like a marriage of convenience or love-less marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by victorDanladi: 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
False news

Very false news

make use of the education your parents spent money on now.Why cant you just follow the link provided by the OP?

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by TheKingdom: 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
Fake news, but by the way just see Oyibo face. He even look like Lord Lugard Great grand child, hoping to contain the Nig.gers in the Ni.gger Area once more for another 100+years as Oyibo children profit from Dumb blacks that don't even know who they are

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by burkingx(f): 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by victorDanladi: 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
TheKingdom:
Fake news, but by the way just see Oyibo face. He even look like Lord Lugard Great grand child, hoping to contain the Nig.gers in the Ni.gger Area once more for another 100+years as Oyibo children profit from Dumb blacks that don't even know who they are

make use of the education your parents spent money
on now.Why cant you just follow the link provided by
the OP?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by Kondomatic(m): 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
His opinion. After all he's the US ambassador to Nigeria not Biafra

18 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by googlepikins: 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
This mumuu must be drunk. Let him come to Onitsha or Umuahia to preach this.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by googlepikins: 7:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
victorDanladi:

make use of the education your parents spent money
on now.Why cant you just follow the link provided by
the OP?
Yeah right, coming from punch Afonjas news paper

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by googlepikins: 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
can they stop us from blowing up our pipelines? cos the banger will soon start whether Osibande likes it or not. Besides this man is earning maybe $50,000 monthly. so as long as he still gets his job as an ambassador he is just like the Fulanis. Feeding on other people's sufferings.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by victorDanladi: 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
googlepikins:
Yeah right, coming from punch Afonjas news paper

Oh,I now understand.Biafrans delusions can come in any form.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by ESDKING: 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2017
Were they expecting his to say something against Nigeria where he's an ambassador before ?He is an ambassador to Nigeria for crying out loud. He can never say something against Nigeria.Those iddiots above me rejoicing about the news are just clowns.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by Rose2014: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
I stopped reading when I saw the bold

victorDanladi:

Today , Nigeria is fortunate to have such leaders
and citizens . Together , they are dedicated to
keeping Nigeria united and just and to ensuring
every Nigerian is heard and taken into account and
treated fairly.

www.punchng.com/biafra-nigeria-will-defeat-separatist-agitations-says-us/

Which leaders again? The ones that have divided the country into 97% and 5% grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by edochie12: 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2017
nigerians want peace in nigeria but dont want justice,as an igbo man,i have to travel all the way to south west to clear my goods,as an igbo man i have to first travel to lagos or abuja to take a flight to go outside the country,as an igbo man i have to attach a yoruba or hausa name to my name before i will be admitted into NDA,as an igbo man,i dont need sea port in my region,as an igbo man i dont need federal government structures,and some people here are trying to tell me about why we need to be united,that our strength is in our diversity,make una continue,biafra has come to stay,to hell with one nigeria

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by ChimaAdeoye: 8:15pm On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
False news

Very false news

Fear zoo press looking for international acknowledgement where every decent country in the world except perhaps a few politicians in the UK despises the zoo for its brutal treatment of its citizens, incredible corruption of it's ruling class and its refusal to create an egalitarian society for all.

Ask yourself: Why is the zoo paying the zoo press to carry fake news?

Answer: They know most of the world are lining up and giving Biafrans all the support they need to demonstrate and get their freedom.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by Cooly100: 8:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nigeria has visionary leaders....?

Ambassador reduce your lying now.

10 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by najoke: 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
victorDanladi:

Oh,I now understand.Biafrans delusions can come in any form.
Those guys are fishbrains…. It is a waste of time engaging them here…… thier brain has replaced with pap by lord of the Albinos grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by Cooly100: 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
Indeed Nigeria visionary leaders are more than the ones in America

11 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by ezeagu(m): 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
Ouch, what happened to daddy Trump? What happened to Biafrans are friends of America and Israel?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by giftft(f): 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2017
He said it in his dreams

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by Cooly100: 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2017
I have never seen a country with visionary leaders like Nigeria...this leaders will defeat Biafra with their fantastic vision

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by ezeagu(m): 8:25pm On Jun 29, 2017
Anyway, this is just a subtle announcement of where the US stands with any secession, they are ready to back Nigeria because they want Nigeria to be united, along with other powers, this has nothing to do with if Nigeria works for the people or not.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by Okoroawusa: 8:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
googlepikins:
whether the US like it or not we are going to burn here. I wonder why Avengers are wasting time.
Ask Google.
Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by zombieHUNTER: 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2017
There is no way the west will allow Nigeria to grow...an undeveloped Africa is their main agenda all for selfish reasons...

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by psucc(m): 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
Honestly, America and the UK are the worst enemies Nigeria has.

They posed to be allies when indeed they're foes. This is nothing by lip service.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by najoke: 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
Cone head
you are always what you say you are

A Joke

Bantu Immigrant…….. Better than being a Developer grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by michelz: 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
edochie12:
nigerians want peace in nigeria but dont want justice,as an igbo man,i have to travel all the way to south west to clear my goods,as an igbo man i have to first travel to lagos or abuja to take a flight to go outside the country,as an igbo man i have to attach a yoruba or hausa name to my name before i will be admitted into NDA,as an igbo man,i dont need sea port in my region,as an igbo man i dont need federal government structures,and some people here are trying to tell me about why we need to be united,that our strength is in our diversity,make una continue,biafra has come to stay,to hell with one nigeria
As an Igbo man,how many times have you protested in the streets against your state governors and other leaders who get billions of naira every month in allocation and squander them senselessly?
Do you know that if all the SE governors team up and even play their politics well,even with the allocation they get from FG and IGR,seaports,international airports,industries etc will be available in the SE?
How can a major ethnic group like Igbos be complaining about marginalization?
Igbos should play on their strengths; which are population,daring nature,enterprise,trading etc and reach their height as they are currently doing.
Almost all over the nation,Igbos are doing very well due to these strengths I've mentioned and the population of Nigeria as a country. Why would you now want to limit yourself? Why do you want to short-change yourself. What do you think will happen when Igbos leave to get their own country? All their present achievements will be lost and they'll start afresh with others taking over their positions.
Go to Ebonyi state and see what the governor there is doing. No wonder he's not in support of Biafra. He needs all help he can get to develop his state and his people.
Igbos infact should be the ones championing for a united Nigeria for now.
Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by Cooly100: 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=najoke post=57966298]

Bantu Immigrant…….. Better than being a Developer grin grin grin

...go away and face what you do best!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US by amuwo1980: 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
this is not the official us government position, so dont think you can come here and bamboozle us

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Concerning Buhari And Easterners.... / Give Me Ghana, Nigeria To Recolonize; For A Year -NK President / FG Reduces Miners’ Royalties Rate To 3.5%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.