Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London (1751 Views)

Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General / Boko Haram Kills Lieutenant-Colonel Mamudu In Borno (photos) / Lieutenant-Colonel AE Mamudu Killed By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by gartamanta: 7:56am On Jun 30, 2017
Some times refered to as "The most Powerful Black Man In Britain", Ken Olisa was born in Britain in 1951 to a British Mother and an Igbo father.

After studying at The prestigious Cambridge University where he studied natural sciences, he started working for what was then the High-Tech company of the time, IBM, where he rose to be Senior Vice- President. Olisa resigned this position in 1992 and founded his own highly successful company called interregnum which he ran as CEO until his retirement in 2006.

Olisa holds the record as the first black man to sit on the board of a major public company in Britain.

Amongst the many positions Kenneth Olisa has are:-

Chairman, Thames Reach
Director, Thompsom Reuters
Chairman, Shaw Trust
Director, restoration partners
Director, open text corporation (Canada)

A native of Notthingham, happily married with two daughters, Ken Olisa is a successful business man and philanthropist. He heads two different charity organisations and recently built and equiped a modern Library for his alma mater at the cost of 2 million pounds (1 Billion Naira)

In 2015, The Queen appointed him Lord Lieutenant of London.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by Chuksworld(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2017
Who e epp
Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by Jabioro: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2017
Meaning.....
Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by sarrki(m): 8:06am On Jun 30, 2017
Jabioro:
Meaning.....

Great Nigeria

Doing us proud

Aside the criminal called Mazi
Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by Jabioro: 8:08am On Jun 30, 2017
sarrki:

Great Nigeria

Doing us proud

Aside the criminal called Mazi
You are now talking good like my Etisalat line..

1 Like

Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by Lawless101(m): 9:28am On Jun 30, 2017
#Born_Nigerian...
Dear poster, please let me ask; how many times has he visited his father land? Amongs his great achievements, is their any one that is credited to Nigeria?
Am just asking oo. Quote me no wrong.
Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by gartamanta: 10:03am On Jun 30, 2017
Lawless101:
#Born_Nigerian...
Dear poster, please let me ask; how many times has he visited his father land? Amongs his great achievements, is their any one that is credited to Nigeria?
Am just asking oo. Quote me no wrong.

I never said anything about him being born Nigerian, I said he was born in Britain of a British Mother and an Igbo father.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by Lawless101(m): 10:25am On Jun 30, 2017
gartamanta:

I never said anything about him being born Nigerian, I said he was born in Britain of a British Mother and an Igbo father.
ok its alright. But i stil dont see any difference. Lol. Born by a nigerian father is a nigerian. I guess he does not even know that there is a tribe called "igbo" let alone knowing where it is located.
Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by gartamanta: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2018
Lawless101:
ok its alright. But i stil dont see any difference. Lol. Born by a nigerian father is a nigerian. I guess he does not even know that there is a tribe called "igbo" let alone knowing where it is located.

I'm sure he knows the Igbo tribe. A man doesn't get to that level in life without asking about his origins

3 Likes

Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by ImperialYoruba: 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2018
gartamanta:
Some times refered to as "The most Powerful Black Man In Britain", Ken Olisa was born in Britain in 1951 to a British Mother and an Igbo father.

After studying at The prestigious Cambridge University where he studied natural sciences, he started working for what was then the High-Tech company of the time, IBM, where he rose to be Senior Vice- President. Olisa resigned this position in 1992 and founded his own highly successful company called interregnum which he ran as CEO until his retirement in 2006.

Olisa holds the record as the first black man to sit on the board of a major public company in Britain.

Amongst the many positions Kenneth Olisa has are:-

Chairman, Thames Reach
Director, Thompsom Reuters
Chairman, Shaw Trust
Director, restoration partners
Director, open text corporation (Canada)

A native of Notthingham, happily married with two daughters, Ken Olisa is a successful business man and philanthropist. He heads two different charity organisations and recently built and equiped a modern Library for his alma mater at the cost of 2 million pounds (1 Billion Naira)

In 2015, The Queen appointed him Lord Lieutenant of London.

Are you sure no other Nigerian has achieved that ahead of this guy?

Have you heard of Henry Fajemirokun?
Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by NdiaraIGBO: 7:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
Lawless101:

KEN is not Nigerian in any sense. I worked directly with him for 3 years, I was reporting to a CEO (Thames Reach) who in turn reported to Ken. He was the Chair of the board of directors. Well accomplished. A big fish in the financial Centre of London.He use to brag about how everybody couldn't afford to live on the street he was living in Buckinghamshire. I guess that was the Flat/head blood in him. He is 100% British and I can't see him visiting or acknowledging Nigeria.
Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by Daewang: 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2018
Everywhere in the world our Igbo race keeps shining on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by zeuchineesnacks: 11:16pm On Apr 14, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

KEN is not Nigerian in any sense. I worked directly with him for 3 years, I was reporting to a CEO (Thames Reach) who in turn reported to Ken. He was the Chair of the board of directors. Well accomplished. A big fish in the financial Centre of London.He use to brag about how everybody couldn't afford to live on the street he was living in Buckinghamshire. I guess that was the Flat/head blood in him. He is 100% British and I can't see him visiting or acknowledging Nigeria.
oh boy! See beef. Painmentation!!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Kenneth Olisa, Lord Lieutenant Of London by NdiaraIGBO: 1:04am On Apr 15, 2018
zeuchineesnacks:
oh boy! See beef. Painmentation!!!!! grin grin grin

I knew him on a personal level and the guy is not Nigerian, and doesn't talk much about his dad but he does mention that he is of Nigerian heritage. I don't know where you see Painment.

(1) (Reply)

Terrible Fatal Accident In Ewu,Edo.People Trapped Under Trailer(photos) / Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? / Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Writes UK Govt Concerning Kanu’s UK Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.