Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,716 members, 7,862,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:51 PM

Conflicting Reports Trail Joy Odama's Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Conflicting Reports Trail Joy Odama's Death (305 Views)

Blessing Odama, Prostitute Arrested For Blackmailing Men With Their Nude Photos / Joy Odama Died Of Cocaine Poison, Alhaji On The Run / Joy Odama Murdered By Alhaji In Abuja, Parents Call For Justice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conflicting Reports Trail Joy Odama's Death by effoi: 9:35am On Jun 30, 2017
Source: http://www.freshpointnews.com/2017/06/30/conflicting-reports-trail-joy-odamas-death/

There are conflicting reports as to what caused the death of Joy Odama, a 200 level Mass Communication student of Cross River State University of Science and Technology (CRUTEC), Calabar, Cross River State.

Joy was found dead in Alhaji Adamu’s house where she had gone to spend a night.

The first autopsy conducted by Dr Paul Jubril of National Hospital Abuja, revealed the cause of death as acute cocaine poisoning. The police however ordered a second autopsy which listed the cause of death as generator fumes poisoning.

The family believes that the police is trying to cover up the crime, Alhaji Adamu being a wealthy and influential person and that the police is shielding the suspect, insisting that their daughter died of cocaine infusion as shown by the first autopsy report.

President, Basic Rights Enlightenment Foundation, BREF, Augustine Okechukwu, reacting on behalf of the family, said: “We are not aware if the suspect is in police custody. “We doubt the claim by the Police that Alhaji Adamu is in its custody. Why can’t the police for once parade him for people to see?” On the autopsy result, he said: “I was there when the police conducted the second autopsy, but they refused to give us the final results when it came out.”

The police have however come out to deny that it is attempting to cover up the truth. Force Public Relations Officer, Deputy Superintendent Jimoh Moshood, said: “We don’t have any contradictions with regard to what we have said. The issue of murder is a capital offence, which cannot be compromised at any level; it has to go to court.

“Anybody has the right to go to court to table any grievances that they might have observed or felt had happened in the course of the investigation into the matter. “I want to assure you that what the police have done is a very thorough job that can stand the test of trial in court against the accused person. As I speak, the accused person is still in Police custody and that is very important to everyone to ensure that justice is done.”

New report not exonerating suspect—FPPRO Moshood noted that the first autopsy report was not rejected by the police, but that it was inconclusive, noting that it was why the Inspector General of Police had to order for another autopsy to be done. He added that the report does not exonerate the suspect in question and the general public should dissociate themselves from the conflicting reports.

His words: “I want to say that we did not reject the first autopsy report. The first autopsy report was not conclusive. “In fact, Dr. Paul Jubril (doctor that conducted first autopsy) equally witnessed the second autopsy report examination. “Dr. Jubril was the person that did the first one that I showed you and he was present when the second one was conducted by Dr. Wilson Ayewu and we equally had Augustine Okechukwu of Basic Rights Enlightenment Foundation at the second round of the autopsy and it was done at the National Hospital, Abuja.

“The report of the second autopsy is not exonerating the suspect and that is what is important. The prosecution will still go ahead. We should disabuse our mind of any conflicting view as to whether Police is out to exonerate the principal suspect in this regard.”

My concern is why two autopsies done at the same hospital would produce disparate results. Maybe a third autopsy should be conducted at a different but also reputable hospital to ensure proper investigation and appropriate justice served.

Re: Conflicting Reports Trail Joy Odama's Death by allstarcomic(m): 9:53am On Jun 30, 2017
GUYS, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT SO FAR, AYAM SAW YOUR HANDIWORK ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL,
THANK YOU SO MUCH PEIPU. GOD BLESS YOU, AND IN CASE YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED MY COMEDY VIDEOS, THEY ARE RIGHT HERE ON YOUTUBE.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBRVcOaumrzqxJlo896YWHg

PLEASE LEMME NOTICED IF YOU SAW ANYTHING I NEEDING TO IMPROVE ON.
GOD BLESSED YOU.

(1) (Reply)

Police Officer Prevents Angry Mob From Killing Suspected Badoo Member / Man In Court For Allegedly Defiling Daughter / Breaking News: Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Is Intact In Our Custody, Says CSP M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.