Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,818 members, 7,851,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

Data Science In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Data Science In Nigeria (560 Views)

The Practice Of Medical Laboratory Science In Nigeria: My Take And Plea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Data Science In Nigeria by curiousmugu: 11:25am On Jun 30, 2017
I'm a data science aspirant but lately I have been getting discouraged because it seems like nothing is going on in the country as regards data science.

I type a search query on google with different variations of 'data science in nigeria' and I get absolutely nothing. The highest I see is about a boot camp that was held in January. It appears that learning data science in Nigeria would be a waste of time - I stand to be corrected. I can't see firms doing stuff with it and if I see Individuals doing it, they do it as side projects.

Enough with my ranting.
So, I need help. Is Nigeria not yet ripe for data science or I am not search right?

I see blogs talking about how data science would change the country.. Bla, bla bla and bla., yeah, right?

All talk and no work

PS-Whatever the replies may be, I don't have plans of quitting, I just want to act smart.

Thanks

Seun, mods.

Please do something. This can go a long way to help me and people having same issue
Re: Data Science In Nigeria by stevenemin: 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
me too.iam studies statistic.i want to be a data scientist bt no way in nigeria
Re: Data Science In Nigeria by Raymonbell(m): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
Data Science is cool and people making money from it seems unwilling to attract people into the field.

If you follow through with your training you won't regret it.

Talking from experience
Re: Data Science In Nigeria by stevenemin: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
data science is gud bt where can i learn it
Re: Data Science In Nigeria by RandofCltd: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
Goodveneing all, I can help with those looking to begin tjier career in data science, however, the roles of this section won't allow me to go into details. An event is coming up this Saturday in surulere with limited sits available. Send me an email randofconsultingltd@gmail.com or WhatsApp (07032319909) for more details.

(1) (Reply)

Can Anybody Help Me With Some Details On New Horizon? / Do These 6 Thingsā€”if You Want To Be Poor / How To Become A Chartered Accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.