Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? (1324 Views)

Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Players We Taught They Would Flop But Didn't Flop In Epl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by gentlekeny(m): 11:32am On Jun 30, 2017
Let's compare this biggest flop in history of world football with the Premier League’s two best midfielders,
Ng’olo Kante and Jordan Henderson.

As you can see Paul Pogba (red) is on the left, Ng’olo Kante (blue) is in the middle and Jordan Henderson (orange) on the right. The statistics will be laid out in a similar manner and similar colours.

DEFENCE
Defensively Paul Pogba and Ng’olo Kante have some how similar stats but Jordan Henderson falls short.

DUELS
It looks like Pogba edges this one.

ATTEMPTS
It seems Paul Pogba edges this one too.

GOALS
I guess it's still Paul Pogba

Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 11:34am On Jun 30, 2017
Carlos Teves is, not my namesake
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by gentlekeny(m): 11:36am On Jun 30, 2017
PASSES
Its still Paul Pogba

TOTAL SCORE
Its still Pogba again!

Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by TANKDESTROYER(m): 11:38am On Jun 30, 2017
NOP... so pogba plays the same position with the others u listed?....
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by gentlekeny(m): 11:39am On Jun 30, 2017
I guess the flop is better than the best midfielders of the league.

1 Share

Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by gentlekeny(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2017
TANKDESTROYER:
NOP... so pogba plays the same position with the others u listed?....

I gave you an all round stat of a midfielder (Passes, tackles, duels, goals) and Pogba is ahead of the all.
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by TANKDESTROYER(m): 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
gentlekeny:

I gave you an all round stat of a midfielder (Passes, tackles, duels, goals) and Pogba is ahead of the all.

my bad...no doubt he is one of the best CM in the world
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by gentlekeny(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
TANKDESTROYER:

yeah he is
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by Rapahel1116: 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
He is more of a b2b..
TANKDESTROYER:

1 Like

Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by Oluwaremythe(m): 9:57am On Jul 01, 2017
pogba...I smile when I see him plays,he gives me confidence,I so much bliv in him,especially when he's in form,he hardly looses d ball easily,he hardly drops d ball when he's not sure of who to pass d ball to,his aerial duels?he wins em 85%,his shots are bangers,his passes are accurate most times,although he does shakara too,admittedly he's a show off player,bt pogba is arguably one of d top 5best midfielders in d world right now...he's got no mate in premiership tho...let kante run around d field as he likes,let Henderson too tackles roughly as he likes,even if debruyne likes,let him kip mesmerizing us with fast dribbles,all na wash,pogba is an all rounder,he do rough tackles,he dribbles,name it.
dats y he's got no mate in epl currently.
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by OVA200(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
OP please don't just watch football only try as much to understand it.

I read your reply to someone that you are just comparing midfielder they don't do that way, Kante is DMF and Pogba is AMF you can compare the stat is like comparing Modric to Busquet.
Let me start from this, do you know what a DMF is? A DMF is the most restricted player on the pitch he is given a Stern instructions he doesn't have a free will, he is not asked to distribute the ball around or assist a goal or create chances but mainly to stop or block opposition attack from far field, it is hardly to see a DMF playing free kick, Corner, Heading the ball in set piece but a AMF is ask to roam around, create chances for the point man, score goals assist, distribute ball to wingers and coordinate the team play. So comparing someone with free will and someone restricted is totally wrong. It is easier to compare AMF to CMF or RMF or LMF because they play a similar role and not restricted but not DMF.
Op what you are doing is like comparing 5 and 6 to 2 and 3 because they all play in defence its not done that way

You need to compare Kante to the like of Herrera, Dier, Henderson, Fernandinho, Coquelin, Xhaka, Matic, etc and you can compare Pogba to the likes of Lallana, Eriksen, De bruyne, Silva, Ozil, Ali, etc.

OP does that means all the Journalist, Pundits, Players, Coaches, are bias for rating Kante over Pogba last season? No.

So OP stop seeing football like this.
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by Xhaka(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
People that call Pogba a flop don't watch football.
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by gentlekeny(m): 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rapahel1116:
He is more of a b2b..
you are right Raphel1116
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by gentlekeny(m): 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
Xhaka:
People that call Pogba a flop don't watch football.

I gues they are haters or white racist
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by gentlekeny(m): 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
OVA200:
OP please don't just watch football only try as much to understand it.

I read your reply to someone that you are just comparing midfielder they don't do that way, Kante is DMF and Pogba is AMF you can compare the stat is like comparing Modric to Busquet.
Let me start from this, do you know what a DMF is? A DMF is the most restricted player on the pitch he is given a Stern instructions he doesn't have a free will, he is not asked to distribute the ball around or assist a goal or create chances but mainly to stop or block opposition attack from far field, it is hardly to see a DMF playing free kick, Corner, Heading the ball in set piece but a AMF is ask to roam around, create chances for the point man, score goals assist, distribute ball to wingers and coordinate the team play. So comparing someone with free will and someone restricted is totally wrong. It is easier to compare AMF to CMF or RMF or LMF because they play a similar role and not restricted but not DMF.
Op what you are doing is like comparing 5 and 6 to 2 and 3 because they all play in defence its not done that way

You need to compare Kante to the like of Herrera, Dier, Henderson, Fernandinho, Coquelin, Xhaka, Matic, etc and you can compare Pogba to the likes of Lallana, Eriksen, De bruyne, Silva, Ozil, Ali, etc.

OP does that means all the Journalist, Pundits, Players, Coaches, are bias for rating Kante over Pogba last season? No.

So OP stop seeing football like this.

Thanks for you write up and observation.
First of all, the players i compared Pogba with are among the best in the epl.

If i want to run the same stats of Pogba on Lallana, Eriksen, De Bruyne, Silva and Dele Ali you will be surprise they fall short of Pogba.

Should i?
Re: Is Paul Pogba The Biggest Flop In The History Of World Football? by OVA200(m): 11:47am On Jul 04, 2017
gentlekeny:

Thanks for you write up and observation.
First of all, the players i compared Pogba with are among the best in the epl.

If i want to run the same stats of Pogba on Lallana, Eriksen, De Bruyne, Silva and Dele Ali you will be surprise they fall short of Pogba.

Should i?
Among the best in which position? Because De bruyne is among the best I should now compare him to Fernandinho base on stats? OP am not arguing with you but am trying to correct you, if you want to compare players base on stats you choose player playing the same role not because a player is good then I should now compare it with another player playing different role base on stats that is very wrong. What you are doing is like comparing Sanchez stats to Moses's or Herrera's because he played wonderfully​ last season, it never done that way.

Compare Pogba stats to those I mentioned in my first post and let me see.

(1) (Reply)

Giveaway Www.24sportarena.com For Sale @3k Only / UEFA Named Ronaldo Player Of The Season For 2016-2017 / Video- Lewis Hamilton Wins Italian Grandprix 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.