Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:05 AM

Stop Throwing Trash From The Car To The Streets Now! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stop Throwing Trash From The Car To The Streets Now! (463 Views)

US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Throwing Trash From The Car To The Streets Now! by HephzibahO: 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
Stop the throwing of trash from the car to the streets. It is wrong!

Few days ago, I was in a cab(unbranded), a very comfortable one with soulful songs from the likes of Lionel Richie, Bryan Adams, Mariah Carey and all. The car seats and floors were clean and the cab driver neatly dressed. This is the typical cab I love to use especially for serious appointments. Along the way, precisely at Ikorodu Road, the driver wined down his side window and waved an air-freshner hawker to come. The hawker approached with a great speed(because the slowed down cars have started moving), and they successfully carried out the transaction(which was a shock to me). Back in the car, the well dressed Cabman opened the new Swiss air freshener, removed the old one, hung on the new one, wrapped both the old one with some debris he brought from who knows where and "fiam" off the window! For real? What? Did he do that or was I imagining things? He did! Oh yes. I saw it. "Excuse me Sir" I said. Did you just throw the trash out if the window? Yes, he answered with great ease. Trust me, I didn't hold back. "But Sir, I lashed on, how can a gentleman like you with such a beautiful ride throw things out of your car like that, if every motorist is doing that, this road will be dirty and blocked. To cut the long story short, I used every tact to let him see that it is a very dirty and barbaric attitude. He put up some flimsy excuses but later agreed to stop it. The most worrying in this experience was when I mentioned that in Calabar city, nobody does that. He answered "Haba Madam, I know now? Aah! I cannot do it in Owerri and Calabar ooo! Hei. They go catch me be that! But Why do we need the law on our necks to do the right thing? Hmm

Reminds me of when I was running a programme at University of Lagos. I boarded the school bus from Yaba axis to campus. I noticed my coursemate in the same bus. This lady is very pretty. On this particular day, she was well suited up. Now if you've been to UNILAG, you would have noticed how neat and green it looks from the gate towards Sports Center to New Hall and to the Senate Building. This lady had the pure nerves to throw naked(not wrapped)banana peels through the bus window on the school premises. My God! Is that how low our mindsets have become? A Masters Student? So is this the worthiness in "Character and Learning" that we will be certified for? You are in for more, my dear reader. When we got down the bus, I approached her on the matter. Her response- "Abeg free me! Am I the only one who does it?. No be me start am, no be me go stop am abeg. My inner man replied - No, I don't need to free you. You need to free yourself from the clutches of filthiness and dirty mentality. She was ready to argue and I did my bit and left.

Third experience, a beautiful lady packed a black coloured Honda CRV by my office. I admired from a distance how nice her car looked. As I drew closer, I realized she was dropping things on the street floor directly below her car. On a closer look, it was boiled groundnut peels and she was disposing them carelessly on the street- a well swept and serene street. When I spoke with her, she had a good remorse, packed them back and pleaded with a nearby Mallam to use their bin.

I could go on and on. This attitude is wrong. It depicts a mind cluttered in smut. It is a sign of "anything goes" main attribute of a failed life. It is absolutely wrong and demeaning.

Please, "for now" wrap your debris in a bag and dispose when you get home or when you can dispose properly. I used "for now" meaning until NIGERIAN LAW MANDATES MOTORISTS TO PROVIDE OR OWN A WASTE BIN IN THE CAR. Yes now? Shebi we dey wait for the law to tell us what to do?

It is actually right to leave some peels and dirt in the bus, with hope that the bus owner will clean up properly after packing the car. But my dear, "for now" it will still end up on the roads and streets. So please, let's do the needful.��.

Let's keep our environment clean. It is a sign of progress for you and I and for our society.

Your thoughts are very welcomed. See you again on this matter for part 2.��.
Re: Stop Throwing Trash From The Car To The Streets Now! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
Its OK MA
Re: Stop Throwing Trash From The Car To The Streets Now! by luckyz4rea(m): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
HephzibahO:
Stop the throwing of trash from the car to the streets. It is wrong!

Few days ago, I was in a cab(unbranded), a very comfortable one with soulful songs from the likes of Lionel Richie, Bryan Adams, Mariah Carey and all. The car seats and floors were clean and the cab driver neatly dressed. This is the typical cab I love to use especially for serious appointments. Along the way, precisely at Ikorodu Road, the driver wined down his side window and waved an air-freshner hawker to come. The hawker approached with a great speed(because the slowed down cars have started moving), and they successfully carried out the transaction(which was a shock to me). Back in the car, the well dressed Cabman opened the new Swiss air freshener, removed the old one, hung on the new one, wrapped both the old one with some debris he brought from who knows where and "fiam" off the window! For real? What? Did he do that or was I imagining things? He did! Oh yes. I saw it. "Excuse me Sir" I said. Did you just throw the trash out if the window? Yes, he answered with great ease. Trust me, I didn't hold back. "But Sir, I lashed on, how can a gentleman like you with such a beautiful ride throw things out of your car like that, if every motorist is doing that, this road will be dirty and blocked. To cut the long story short, I used every tact to let him see that it is a very dirty and barbaric attitude. He put up some flimsy excuses but later agreed to stop it. The most worrying in this experience was when I mentioned that in Calabar city, nobody does that. He answered "Haba Madam, I know now? Aah! I cannot do it in Owerri and Calabar ooo! Hei. They go catch me be that! But Why do we need the law on our necks to do the right thing? Hmm

Reminds me of when I was running a programme at University of Lagos. I boarded the school bus from Yaba axis to campus. I noticed my coursemate in the same bus. This lady is very pretty. On this particular day, she was well suited up. Now if you've been to UNILAG, you would have noticed how neat and green it looks from the gate towards Sports Center to New Hall and to the Senate Building. This lady had the pure nerves to throw naked(not wrapped)banana peels through the bus window on the school premises. My God! Is that how low our mindsets have become? A Masters Student? So is this the worthiness in "Character and Learning" that we will be certified for? You are in for more, my dear reader. When we got down the bus, I approached her on the matter. Her response- "Abeg free me! Am I the only one who does it?. No be me start am, no be me go stop am abeg. My inner man replied - No, I don't need to free you. You need to free yourself from the clutches of filthiness and dirty mentality. She was ready to argue and I did my bit and left.

Third experience, a beautiful lady packed a black coloured Honda CRV by my office. I admired from a distance how nice her car looked. As I drew closer, I realized she was dropping things on the street floor directly below her car. On a closer look, it was boiled groundnut peels and she was disposing them carelessly on the street- a well swept and serene street. When I spoke with her, she had a good remorse, packed them back and pleaded with a nearby Mallam to use their bin.

I could go on and on. This attitude is wrong. It depicts a mind cluttered in smut. It is a sign of "anything goes" main attribute of a failed life. It is absolutely wrong and demeaning.

Please, "for now" wrap your debris in a bag and dispose when you get home or when you can dispose properly. I used "for now" meaning until NIGERIAN LAW MANDATES MOTORISTS TO PROVIDE OR OWN A WASTE BIN IN THE CAR. Yes now? Shebi we dey wait for the law to tell us what to do?

It is actually right to leave some peels and dirt in the bus, with hope that the bus owner will clean up properly after packing the car. But my dear, "for now" it will still end up on the roads and streets. So please, let's do the needful.��.

Let's keep our environment clean. It is a sign of progress for you and I and for our society.

Your thoughts are very welcomed. See you again on this matter for part 2.��.

I really appreciate this! I get pissed when i see people drop things just any how on the roads!

I remember i used to quarrel my classmates then in secondary school because of this same thing!

Worse, people do this in religious gatherings too! It is a pitiable thing!
Re: Stop Throwing Trash From The Car To The Streets Now! by HephzibahO: 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
luckyz4rea:

I really appreciate this! I get pissed when i see people drop things just any how on the roads!

I remember i used to quarrel my classmates then in secondary school because of this same thing!

Worse, people do this in religious gatherings too! It is a pitiable thing!
That's the part 2. It is coming soon. Thanks for doing your bit on this matter.
Re: Stop Throwing Trash From The Car To The Streets Now! by HephzibahO: 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
MOD. Please do the needful..let as many people as possible see this.

(1) (Reply)

Information About Qatar / Container Falls Down Kirikiri Road Because Of Abandoned Road (photo/video) / How Can We All Retain The Image Of Nigeria Back Again @57?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.