Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,608 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges (21096 Views)

Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens / In Attempt To Absolve Themselves, Etisalat-mubadala Directors Resign / Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges by mployer(m): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2017
douchesnozzle:
The 13 banks are to be blamed for this credit default. Credit mismatch is the major problem here. Availing fcy facility to a company whose earnings is in naira shows a blatant neglect of credit underwriting basics. Fcy facilities should be backed with foreign earnings considering the volatility of the naira. These banks know this but chose to ignore such red flag cos they want a piece of the pie. The deed has already been done let the banks learn their lessons and move on.

The banks actually set them up. They know naira will always keep falling, and that will be to their benefit.
Re: Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges by authority2006(m): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
The story is incomplete. Why did the banks decide to call in the Telco's debt without exploring the option of a grace period ?

The 2015 - 2017 financial years were very tough andthe country experienced it's worst recession during that time.

I understand at one stage, the company also offered to pay back the loan in naira but the banks insisted on dollars.

Is taking over the company the best option? Is there a back story we don't know ?
Let me assume that you didn't read part that says etisalat diverted the fund realised from the sales of asset which was acquired with the loan that banks gave it.
Re: Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges by authority2006(m): 10:41am On Jul 01, 2017
mployer:

The banks actually set them up. They know naira will always keep falling, and that will be to their benefit.
Smart people.
Re: Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges by odaniel1(m): 10:58am On Jul 01, 2017
bukkielee:
Only in a country like Nigeria will you find reputable companies like Etisalat finding it difficult to service loans. I know and believe Etisalat will stand strong and continue delivering quality service, fast and reliable data speed and also low tariffs. Etisalat remains my number one brand. MTN, GLO, AIRTEL abeg make una park well... grin grin grin

Bruuh.....Switch or get SWISHED!
Re: Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:08am On Jul 01, 2017
authority2006:

Let me assume that you didn't read part that says etisalat diverted the fund realised from the sales of asset which was acquired with the loan that banks gave it.

I did. But the amount stated as diverted is $700,000 which is 0.06% of the loaned amount of $1.2billion. That can be dealt with as a criminal case. Unless there is a deeper layer to this, it does not justify receivership
Re: Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges by Opeakins(m): 11:12am On Jul 01, 2017
Lol......baba japa 4 real
Re: Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges by greggng: 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
bukkielee:
Only in a country like Nigeria will you find reputable companies like Etisalat finding it difficult to service loans. I know and believe Etisalat will stand strong and continue delivering quality service, fast and reliable data speed and also low tariffs. Etisalat remains my number one brand. MTN, GLO, AIRTEL abeg make una park well... grin grin grin

Is there any promo for those that ve not recharged for a long time?
Re: Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges by bukkielee(m): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2017
greggng:

Is there any promo for those that ve not recharged for a long time?
yeah, saw one on TV. Recharge 200 and get 4k
Re: Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges by mancanoe: 10:48am On Jul 02, 2017
My offical mobile network is Etisalat am going to port to airtel on monday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Causes Sharp Decline In Generator Sales In Nigeria- Traders / MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage / The Best Places To Keep Money Apart From Banks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.