Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise (1937 Views)

My Friend Got This Message / Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by praxs(m): 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hey family! I really need your opinion regarding this. a frnd of mine is currently running his masters degree in the field of medical biology in one of the northern universities. He got a job offer in a faraway state and his gross salary is 250,000k. He is to report on Monday.
Now this is his delima. He is contemplating on whether to accept the job or not being that he is about yo start his 2nd semester MSC program and his new job won't accord him the chance. I intend to show him this post so as to read people's opinion. I did advised him to accept the offer considering that I myself I am gainfully employed (recently) and I know the benefits. what do you think? thanks for the responses in advance
Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by Palmslight(m): 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
Uhmmm
Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by Caustics: 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2017
quite the delima. He should think and weigh the options and choose which ever is more profitable/fulfilling to him
Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by Ifeshyne(f): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
He should take the job. Once he resumes, he'll get used to the system there after a while and will look for a way to manage the program with his job. Many organisations that pay well like that will support career advancement, he should just pally with his direct manager and the HR. I mean, there'll be some staff there running their MSc programs as well na. That's a great opportunity that he shouldn't miss

11 Likes

Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
if admission can be differed, your friend should do that, pending the time he stands ground in that job. After all, after MSc it's job he will be looking for and opportunity has availed itself he should grab it now.

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by hizzylife(f): 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
He should take the job. Opportunities like this is rare in Nigeria. What's the use of a Masters degree without a job? He may not get this kind of opportunity after now.

Let him take the job first and see how he can manage with the program. If it comes to the worst, he can quit the program and start again at an institution in his new location.

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by emmahoney(m): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
He was looking for money and he meant wealth along the line;if he gets the money what is he going to use the money to buy? He should just accept the offer or he should give the offer to me. I got the M. Sc. that he is looking for and my current job offers far lesser than the amount you quoted as his monthly take home. How many M. Sc holders get paid such amount quoted by you in this current dispensation?

He can get M. Sc. and even PhD later if he is interested in doing so later but such golden opportunity might not get to him forever.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by potbelly(m): 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
Quick question... Why did he go for the masters?
Answer - to better his opportunity of getting a job...

Now you have a job of 250k and he's asking if he should take it or not shocked grin

Bros, if he doesn't take the job, I can bet you after the masters, he may not get a job that pays 50k

Be wise breh wink

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by Erums(m): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
All has been said... Bros, u now need to choose wisely
Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by yasolan(m): 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
He should take the job, and see if he can run the master's degree with it

Or he can just defer the semester
Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
Should this even be a topic of discussion?

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by tmeg: 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
It depends on the jobs security and how connected he is a to get another offer
Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by Snowstorm: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
Take the job..
Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:01am On Jul 01, 2017
Pidgin2:
Should this even be a topic of discussion?

If you contribute, is it a crime?

You suck!!!

Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by Justiceotuya(m): 6:55am On Jul 01, 2017
He should take the job since it is second semester before you know it, the second year will be just for thesis. So he better take the job
Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 01, 2017
Don't take the job go for yur Msc....knowledge is power!!
Re: A Friend Got A Job But Thinking Otherwise by MrHighSea: 8:39am On Jul 01, 2017
My guys quit masters after course work (after 2 yrs) go dangote refinery training at india, came back +masters. Another quit to SAIPEM's N250,000 monthly pay. Another quit to Agip's N750, 000 /month job. These guys did this without consulting anyone. The third guy came back from agip training n was lucky to b posted in d same state as the university. On thesis now. These guys just stopped coming to school. Op, I did the same thing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Are Hiring - IQ Express / Hilton Hotels Worldwide Latest Job Recruitment 2018 (11 Positions) / Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.