Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Ras Makonnen: Father Of Emperor Haile Selassie I Of Ethiopia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ras Makonnen: Father Of Emperor Haile Selassie I Of Ethiopia (1236 Views)

Ethiopia Admits Shooting Down Kenyan Aircraft Taking Medical Supplies To Somalia / Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals / General Seare Mekonnen Shot Dead In Ethiopia 'Coup Bid' Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ras Makonnen: Father Of Emperor Haile Selassie I Of Ethiopia by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
Ras Makonnen Woldemikael

• He was born in May 8, 1852 AD in Shewa, Ethiopia.
• He was member of the so called Solomonic Dynasty.
• He was the father of Tafari Mäkonnen (emperor Haile Selassie I).
• He was the first cousin of emperor Menelik II
• He was Shum (governor) of Harari from 1887-1906 AD.
• He was a hero at the battle of Adwa.
• He was diplomat, de facto Prime Minister and temporary governor of Tigray.
• In 1902 AD, he attended the coronation of King Edward VII in London
• He received the following decorations:-
- Knight Commander of the Order of St. Michael and St. George (KCMG) during an audience with King Edward VII on 8 August 1902 AD.
- Star of the Russian Order of St. Anne.
- Star of the French Legion d'Honneur (Third Republic).
- Star of the Order of the Crown of Italy.
- Star of the Ottoman Order of Osmania.
• He was supposed to succeed emperor Menelik II, but he unexpectedly died in March 21, 1906 AD at age 53.

Re: Ras Makonnen: Father Of Emperor Haile Selassie I Of Ethiopia by EVarn(m): 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
A very powerful bloodline,widely believed to be descendants of King Solomon of Israelo-judaea and the Queen of Sheba(Axum).
Re: Ras Makonnen: Father Of Emperor Haile Selassie I Of Ethiopia by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
EVarn:
A very powerful bloodline,widely believed to be descendants of King Solomon of Israelo-judaea and the Queen of Sheba(Axum).
And it is a lie....
Re: Ras Makonnen: Father Of Emperor Haile Selassie I Of Ethiopia by EVarn(m): 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
OrestesDante:

And it is a lie....
Maybe,or maybe not.
Ancient bloodlines are hard to trace,for all we know,Buhari could be Trump's great great grand cousin thrice removed.
Re: Ras Makonnen: Father Of Emperor Haile Selassie I Of Ethiopia by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2017
EVarn:
Axum was formed in 1st century BC. Queen of Sheba is believed to be the ruler of northern Ethiopia, Eritrea and Yemen around 900s BC.

There are Ethiopian Jews called Bete Israel(house of Israel) or Falashas(outsiders). Most of them now are Israeli citizens and live there. Few of them also live in USA and in northern Ethiopia mountains.

(1) (Reply)

Trump's Border Wall / CIA Asks Russians To Contact Them On Dark Net Over Putin / Russians Hacked The White House - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.