Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,859 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

OAU Students Beat Up Student Union President Over N2.5 Million Bus Scandal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / OAU Students Beat Up Student Union President Over N2.5 Million Bus Scandal (453 Views)

Man Kills And Buries His Cousin In Edo Over N2 Million (Graphic Photos) / Ekpoma Students Beat "Policeman" Who Jumped Over A Fence Into Their Hostel / Zlatan: Cultists Issue Warning To OAU Students! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Students Beat Up Student Union President Over N2.5 Million Bus Scandal by emefav: 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
It was a free for a all fight scenario on Thursday over controversies, surrounding the purchase of a bus worth N2.5 million by the Student Union of Obafemi Awolowo University, which was to be used as a commercial tr‎ansport shuttle around the university.

According to PREMIUM TIMES, findings showed that claims by the union’s Financial Secretary, Omisakin Kehinde, that the bus was purchased for N2.9 million did not tally with the actual value of N2.5 million written on the receipt.

The union had to change their narration on the purchase upon the discovery, accepting that it paid only N2.5 million for the bus. The President of the union, Oyekan Ibukun, called a congress on Thursday, following the demand of students asking to be addressed on the issues.

He was however ruffled when it was demanded that he step aside from presiding over the congress in view of the allegations against his leadership.

Mr. Ibukun rebuffed the move, resulting in a fight among the students.

The students fought in different locations within the campus, while Mr. Ibukun was beaten up with his clothes torn in shreds.

The wild fight could not be curtailed by the university’s security team, as they watched helplessly the parade of the union president by students who accused him of fraud in the bus purchase.

“Lots of aberration have been committed by the president and I am not even aware of the bus scandal. Iwas not notified before the bus was bought,” the Speaker of the Students Representative Council, Falaye Tope, said, while reacting to the crisis. “I am not responsible for the crisis. It is beyond me, as you can see, I have not intervened in it all.”

The president and the speaker had been at loggerheads before the incident.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/06/oau-students-beat-student-union-president-n2-5-million-bus-scandal.html

Lalasticlala

Re: OAU Students Beat Up Student Union President Over N2.5 Million Bus Scandal by maxti: 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
Re: OAU Students Beat Up Student Union President Over N2.5 Million Bus Scandal by auntysimbiat(f): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
Too bad
Re: OAU Students Beat Up Student Union President Over N2.5 Million Bus Scandal by ajoyeleke(m): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
In case it hits fp
Re: OAU Students Beat Up Student Union President Over N2.5 Million Bus Scandal by decatalyst(m): 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
I trust OAU students.

They don use SMS to reset his brain.

Wondering what his caliber will be if given an opportunity to rule his local government.
Re: OAU Students Beat Up Student Union President Over N2.5 Million Bus Scandal by Evablizin(f): 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
Chai this is horrible

(1) (Reply)

These Car Thieves Were Lucky To Stay Alive / Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death For Drinking / I Sold My Two Months Old Baby For Half Bag Of Rice –20-year-old Mother- PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.