Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Biafra -A Dangerous History Reloaded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra -A Dangerous History Reloaded (417 Views)

Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" / Saraki Is A Dangerous Person And A Desperado — Garba Shehu / Biafra: A Yoruba Muslim Response To Bbc Hardtalk On Why Igbo's Are Angry With Ni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biafra -A Dangerous History Reloaded by taymartins: 11:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
Truly we may be of different tongues, put together on the isle of colonialism, amalgamated by our imperialist, so was this nation Nigeria born. I am happen to be the son of this land, for to love and guide her is what I was raised to do. "I pledge to Nigeria my Country, to be Faithful, Loyal and Honest..." What you are about to read is a faithful, loyal and honest talk. Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba, North, East and West, people of different tongues and cultures, in Nigeria for togetherness. On this platform of truth, I say to you that we are not the only nation structured as such by imperialism. It does not mean there cannot be discord if Nigeria is made of only Hausa or Ibo or Yoruba. In this article is a message for my Ibo brothers, so listen as I say the truth frantically. But I say this plea before I further, that wherever the hatchet of truth falls on you, pardon me and be assured that its true love I’ve got for you.

From an astrological point of view, allow me to analyze this divination in order to make a very crucial point. That the earth rotates and revolves round and around the sun, so also is all that are within the solar system. The movement of the Earth around the sun is the reason for the seasons. It takes a year (365 days) for the Earth to complete its journey around the sun. This is why every season returns on a yearly basis. As revolving of the Earth determines the seasons, similarly are time and event determined by the movements of stars. What I am trying to make us understand is that a life that has once been lived or an event that has once been experienced comes around again like a season. That many patterns of life that is being lived by someone or people in present days has once been lived by some people in time past. That there is no event happening today that has not once occurred sometime in the past. That if today, a son has killed his father to married his mother, it is because that very situation has happened so many years ago. Someone like you or your ancestors has lived the very same life and passed through the very same circumstance you are going through today. My point is: just like the seasons re-occurs, so also are times and events (history). The world is designed to manifest as such, that fate, luck, disasters and destinies shall keep re-occurring on the surface of the earth.

Many events and circumstances let to the declaration of the Republic of Biafra by Gen. Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu in 1966, which also led to the Nigeria-Biafra civil war, in which over 2 million lives were lost. The Biafra war was a war of secession, believed to be an Ibo war against Nigeria or vise-versa. Here is an insight into circumstances that led to the civil war for the benefit and understanding of the current generation and posterity: There was a military coup in 1966 (after our Independence), led by one Major Patrick Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu (Ibo tribe). In that coup, the Sardauna -the king of Sokoto Caliphate -the most influential traditional ruler of the entire Northern Region was murdered by Major Nzeogwu himself. He didn't just shot him; he beheaded him, stepped on his body and took a picture with his beheaded body. That very picture was published in a newspaper in subsequent days of the coup with headline that reads "We Have conquered your Founding Fathers". The Sardauna was Ahmadu Bello, the Premier of the Northern Region (Province). It was not that simple. It is not like killing the governor of a State like we have today. At that time, the sixteen states of the North and Middle-belt was put together as the Northern Region (Province) and this coup leader, Maj. Kaduna Nzeogwu killed their Premier (leader). Just imagine that you are a Northerner of that time. But it dint end there...

The full article is available on:
Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/tay.martins.92/posts/10154066346632185

LinkedIn: https://www./biafra-a-dangerous-history-reloaded-tayo-oyekunle-1

Re: Biafra -A Dangerous History Reloaded by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
FTC....
Show
Re: Biafra -A Dangerous History Reloaded by zombieHUNTER: 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
Democracy have come to stay
Majority will always have the day
But the minorities will have their say

Only referendum can decide
The voice of the people is the voice of God

Self determination is not a call for war
It's a human right protected under the UN charter...

Peace

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigerian 1999 Constitution Not Illegal On Its Own? / For Nigeria To Grow, People Must Pay Their Taxes – Finance Minister, Adeosun / Saraki Shuts Down Move To Name In Acting President In Absence Of Buhari And Osi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.