Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. (2134 Views)

Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) / ICPC Arraigns VC Of Richmond Open University With Secondary School Certificate / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by damesilver(m): 7:13am On Jul 01, 2017
A CALL FOR IMPROVEMENT IN HEALTH CARE FACILITY IN FUTA.

On the 30th of June 2017, I was down with a serious illness which necessitated my repeated visits to the school health center. This is not the first of my visits to the center for medical attention but this time around my ailing condition is debilitating. The reception there was however fair; but some crucial areas need to be strengthened with utmost urgency due to a general decline in the economy of the nation which has a strong link with the health status of the citizens.

I am a student of the school in the faculty of environmental studies. I visited the center at around 2:00 pm on Friday the 30th June, this year. I was given some tablet which proved later to be inadequate for the containment of my ailment. On getting back to the class, I sensed an aggravation of the symptoms. I visited the center again at around 4:45pm. I met some students there, too, who were waiting to see the doctor. It was discomforting that after about 30 minutes we were still waiting; so I enquired as to the cause of the delay. We were told that the doctor was attending to an emergency.

I made it known to a nurse there that amongst we students waiting, there could be an emergency, too. That a student is standing upright doesn’t mean he/she still has modicum of strength at his/her disposal to wait a little longer. It is not too good that only one doctor is made to attend to patients at that time, especially in a campus health facility. What if there more cases of emergency at that time?.

Fortunately a little while, the doctor on duty came to attend to us. I laid my complaint and she recommended that I take injection which I quickly nodded to in acceptance. During my session with her I apologized for my impatience as to the demand for her attention. She responded that only one doctor would be on duty at evening period till the following morning.

On getting home at night, I made effort to sleep but sleep proved to be impossible. I was always waking up at every passing hour. The ailing condition was getting fatal, that all sort of thoughts raced through my mind. I set out to go to the medical center around 4:20 am. Everywhere was dark but I braved up myself. I trekked a long distance before getting to the health center. I got to the center at 5: 00am. I requested to see a doctor but I was told the doctor would not be around until 9:00am. This is shocking.

I explained my condition to the nurse responding to me, but she reaffirm that until 9:00 am I could not be attended to because that is the the time doctors and lab scientist would be around. I couldn’t take emergency injection because I was an ulcer patient according to the nurse. . Now I am sitting waiting under this painful condition until the time comes when the doctor will come around. I hope I still make it till then.

My point of emphasis is that there are more doctors during the day but not so during the night. A lot of our best brains and future scholars are dying due lack of attention these matters. It should not be. With a bleeding heart I write this address because I'm going through this excruciating experience. This is a very serious situation which should worry our administrators.

I learnt that the new vice chancellor, Prof. Joseph Fuwape, is an honourable man with a listening ear. I hope the paramount issue raised in this article would not be treated as tissues of lexical labyrinth but rather gain his attention and that of all stakeholders in connection with the medical Facility in FUTA.
It is my earnest prayer that I receive strength from above enough to scale me through this. It is my turn today, the son of an unpopular peasant trader. It could be anyone’s turn tomorrow or that of those we love and care so deeply about, wherever they may be and however tastefully furnished the facility they have is, to which they look up in unwavering trust.

This article is not written with a base intent to unsettle the peace in FUTA campus. It is an appeal to authorities. It should therefore be seen as a sober reminder, a humble plea for a redirection of official attention to salient but nevertheless important issue in our community.

We need not wait until we get knocked by the painfully lessons of experience before we live up to standards and best practices in all things. It is a marvelous thing that I can still type this address while writhing in pain. As I roll my eyes, I feel pain, pain in the lower waist, and legs.

We wonder when someone known to be gentle strangely goes berserk and insanely irate, getting mad at human and material resources. But we should not be too quick to blame him/her. People like that might have been stretched to the limit of their patience. However, violence should not be our last resort to registering our displeasure. There is no justification for that.

I regret to be pessimistic as whether I will make it or not. But let our dear scholars, parents who have children in schools, law makers and the researchers in the academic world see this.

Trewet77@yahoo.com

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by Kingjay5(m): 7:14am On Jul 01, 2017
I PRAy u do
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by olatola00(m): 7:21am On Jul 01, 2017
Don't be afraid brother, you'll make it surely, by the grace of God
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by indoorlove(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2017
If you are in pain and can still write like this, then I just might need you for future writing jobs, which is my affirmation that you will make it. wish you quick recovery

6 Likes

Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by Teetotaler: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2017
Hmm!it's actually expected.
It's a school health centre, not a full blown hospital.
I'll advise you to check into a regular hospital.
That is where you can find doctors on 24/7 duties.
Majority if not all medical doctors i n school health centres, hold regular jobs in hospitals.
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by Jamaticulus(m): 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
That Obakekere classroom they call health centre...smh!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by OrdercityWeb: 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hmmmmmmn
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
lala
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by akinswaggs(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by auntysimbiat(f): 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
You will make it
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by ConcernedNL: 4:59am On Jul 02, 2017
damesilver:
A CALL FOR IMPROVEMENT IN HEALTH CARE FACILITY IN FUTA.

On the 30th of June 2017, I was down with a serious illness which necessitated my repeated visits to the school health center. This is not the first of my visits to the center for medical attention but this time around my ailing condition is debilitating. The reception there was however fair; but some crucial areas need to be strengthened with utmost urgency due to a general decline in the economy of the nation which has a strong link with the health status of the citizens.

I am a student of the school in the faculty of environmental studies. I visited the center at around 2:00 pm on Friday the 30th June, this year. I was given some tablet which proved later to be inadequate for the containment of my ailment. On getting back to the class, I sensed an aggravation of the symptoms. I visited the center again at around 4:45pm. I met some students there, too, who were waiting to see the doctor. It was discomforting that after about 30 minutes we were still waiting; so I enquired as to the cause of the delay. We were told that the doctor was attending to an emergency.

I made it known to a nurse there that amongst we students waiting, there could be an emergency, too. That a student is standing upright doesn’t mean he/she still has modicum of strength at his/her disposal to wait a little longer. It is not too good that only one doctor is made to attend to patients at that time, especially in a campus health facility. What if there more cases of emergency at that time?.

Fortunately a little while, the doctor on duty came to attend to us. I laid my complaint and she recommended that I take injection which I quickly nodded to in acceptance. During my session with her I apologized for my impatience as to the demand for her attention. She responded that only one doctor would be on duty at evening period till the following morning.

On getting home at night, I made effort to sleep but sleep proved to be impossible. I was always waking up at every passing hour. The ailing condition was getting fatal, that all sort of thoughts raced through my mind. I set out to go to the medical center around 4:20 am. Everywhere was dark but I braved up myself. I trekked a long distance before getting to the health center. I got to the center at 5: 00am. I requested to see a doctor but I was told the doctor would not be around until 9:00am. This is shocking.

I explained my condition to the nurse responding to me, but she reaffirm that until 9:00 am I could not be attended to because that is the the time doctors and lab scientist would be around. I couldn’t take emergency injection because I was an ulcer patient according to the nurse. . Now I am sitting waiting under this painful condition until the time comes when the doctor will come around. I hope I still make it till then.

My point of emphasis is that there are more doctors during the day but not so during the night. A lot of our best brains and future scholars are dying due lack of attention these matters. It should not be. With a bleeding heart I write this address because I'm going through this excruciating experience. This is a very serious situation which should worry our administrators.

I learnt that the new vice chancellor, Prof. Joseph Fuwape, is an honourable man with a listening ear. I hope the paramount issue raised in this article would not be treated as tissues of lexical labyrinth but rather gain his attention and that of all stakeholders in connection with the medical Facility in FUTA.
It is my earnest prayer that I receive strength from above enough to scale me through this. It is my turn today, the son of an unpopular peasant trader. It could be anyone’s turn tomorrow or that of those we love and care so deeply about, wherever they may be and however tastefully furnished the facility they have is, to which they look up in unwavering trust.

This article is not written with a base intent to unsettle the peace in FUTA campus. It is an appeal to authorities. It should therefore be seen as a sober reminder, a humble plea for a redirection of official attention to salient but nevertheless important issue in our community.

We need not wait until we get knocked by the painfully lessons of experience before we live up to standards and best practices in all things. It is a marvelous thing that I can still type this address while writhing in pain. As I roll my eyes, I feel pain, pain in the lower waist, and legs.

We wonder when someone known to be gentle strangely goes berserk and insanely irate, getting mad at human and material resources. But we should not be too quick to blame him/her. People like that might have been stretched to the limit of their patience. However, violence should not be our last resort to registering our displeasure. There is no justification for that.

I regret to be pessimistic as whether I will make it or not. But let our dear scholars, parents who have children in schools, law makers and the researchers in the academic world see this.

Trewet77@yahoo.com

Hi,any updates? How are u doing now?
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by horlahsunbo225(m): 6:24am On Jul 02, 2017
OP I can feel your pain that is Nigeria for use
Wish you quick recovery
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by damesilver(m): 6:36am On Jul 05, 2017
ConcernedNL:

Hi,any updates? How are u doing now?

I am on admission. Now, I feel better. Hopefully I will be discharged today. Thanks for concern.

In fairness to them they are really trying. They have raft of seasoned and experienced nurses and doctors. There are doctors who are having their national service here, too. With these team of organised professionals it is strange that there is no provision for at least a doctor on night duty.
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by ConcernedNL: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2017
damesilver:

I am on admission. Now, I feel better. Hopefully I will be discharged today. Thanks for concern.

In fairness to them they are really trying. They have raft of seasoned and experienced nurses and doctors. There are doctors who are having their national service here, too. With these team of organised professionals it is strange that there is no provision for at least a doctor on night duty.

Bro, thank God you are alive and recovering. May you live long to fulfil Gods best for you. TK care
Re: If I'm Lucky To Make It, Or Otherwise, Do Let The Vc Of Futa, See This. by damesilver(m): 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
ConcernedNL:

Bro, thank God you are alive and recovering. May you live long to fulfil Gods best for you. TK care

Thank you, sir.

(1) (Reply)

Netmetric Exposed / Secret Of Getting Government Scholarship / How To Download Complete Project Materials Chapter 1-5 At www.projectng.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.