Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,368 members, 7,868,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

“I Could Have Been Killed” -nigerian Lady Robbed By An Uber Driver - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “I Could Have Been Killed” -nigerian Lady Robbed By An Uber Driver (833 Views)

Nigerian Lady Robbed By Man She Met On Instagram. PHOTOS / Lady Robbed In Port Harcourt Shares Graphic Photos From The Attack / Lady Robbed In A Bus In Onitsha. Slapped By Armed Robbers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Could Have Been Killed” -nigerian Lady Robbed By An Uber Driver by emefav: 8:15am On Jul 01, 2017
Taking to Instagram to narrate a bitter experience in the hands of an Uber driver, a Nigerian lady, Christabel Bello who doesn't live in Lagos disclosed that she could have been killed by the Uber driver who robbed her.

According to her, the incident happened on 27th June, 2017 and here's her story;

"My ordeal in the hand of uber. My name is Christabel Bello. I live in Warri Delta. I am not so conversant with Lagos. My friend @jokkies_xclusive_fabricsconvinced me to use uber. I really have my doubt on uber bordering on security being that Nigeria is a 3rd world country I used uber last month she booked me with her account i enjoyed the ride no issue whatsoever.

On Tuesday, 27th of June i requested that she book Uber again. I actually spent the whole weekend at her house including Monday. The Uber driver Justine was prompt. He got there around 7.30pm. We exchanged pleasantries and we set off. He didn't ask me anything so i assumed he knew what he was doing. Suddenly he asked that we were at Apapa should he take the bridge or under the bridge. I was shocked. I responded, what i'm i doing in Apapa?

I dont know anywhere in Apapa and i asked if he knew National stadium. He said yes then i said when we get there i will direct u. My destination was from Ikoyi to Surulere. He took under the bridge went to a remote place around Ijora to be honest i had no clue where we were. Then we got to a very dark isolated road. There was a bad spot there.

Ahead of us was a truck who was avoiding d bad spot maintained left while a public bus with people in it maintained right. To my greatest dismay he just stopped his vehicle a yard before d bad spot. I beckoned him to carry on right which was manageable.

He ignored me and was looking at his phone. I told him this place is very unsafe please move the car he ignored me. D 2 vehicle ahead of us had left. Shortly after a man emerged from d dark peeping by the back window i was sitting. I pleaded with him to leave d place while i brought his attention to the man looking through the window.

He saw the man but ignored me. I told him severally to move but he did not. D man went to reinforce with another guy. One smashed the window behind from the left and the other from the right where i was sitting. I sustained some cuts. I laid down on d ground face down in d car while they helped themselves with my belongings. Watch out for next update. @ubernigeria#uber #channeltv #uberfact#uberexperience #christabelbello

She also wrote a rejoinder to the first story;

"My ordeal with uber part 2. It was when the hoodlums had succeeded in robbing me off my personal stuff that was when he drove through the bad spot. Meanwhile the bumper and tyres were in perfect condition. He took me to surulere i told him to take me to the police station.

We went to bode thomas police station they now took us to iponri police station. My suspect was the driver because he had enough time to leave the place. The Dpo at iponri police station was very helpful we went to d crime scene but couldnt locate the exact spot.

The driver was detained and the next day wednesday the 28th the matter was charged to magistrate court ebutemeta. We went to court, he was granted bail but needed to meet d bail condition. The matter is adjoined to next month d 24th.

The owner of the vehicle named Bassey came to court. I told Bassey all i needed was moneys worth for my personal stuff stolen. He told me i have to deal with only the driver that uber isnt liable to compensate me for my loss and traumatic experience.

My friend contacted uber and they also spoke to me on the phone. Swipe left to read their response. My frustration is uber is a win win organisation. Only for the money. They aint liable for nothing. I came to lagos to attend 3 event. I came with my expensive jewellery, louis vuitton bag, phone, make up, perfume, shoe etc all stolen. I was lucky that my suitcase was in the boot.

I was going to my elder sisters place to spend the rest of my visit with her. Uber has nothing at stake here so its unwise to patronise uber. No prober security checks is carried out on the drivers, no adequate training etc. My loss should be well over a million but i doubt if i'm going to recover a penny. Uber is all about the profit. Guys be weary of using uber. I could have been killed. @akinwunmiambode#ubernigeria#uber#christabelbello@channeltv#uberexperience#uberfact#uberdrivers"

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/killed-nigerian-lady-narrates-ordeal-hands-uber-driver-robbed.html

Lalasticlala

Re: “I Could Have Been Killed” -nigerian Lady Robbed By An Uber Driver by pat1612(m): 8:30am On Jul 01, 2017
First thing ur friend booked ride for you she could have track u using her app and would knw w any diversion taken by driver or a unusual stop made by him. She should have called driver immediately and he would know somebody is watching on you.
Personally i do it whenever my female friends travel by cab service it hardly take any of my time.
Better safe than sorry angry

And lastly i thk some thing is not adding up here is it fake story

1 Like

Re: “I Could Have Been Killed” -nigerian Lady Robbed By An Uber Driver by Fhowe: 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
i tire oooo assumptions is it because they did not shoot you why are Nigerians these wicked and mean ,na for only uber nigeria we go dey hear different things nigerians and notice me
Re: “I Could Have Been Killed” -nigerian Lady Robbed By An Uber Driver by nellaluv(f): 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
You entered uber and didn't tell the driver your destination? I didn't know uber drivers are mind readers shocked
Re: “I Could Have Been Killed” -nigerian Lady Robbed By An Uber Driver by thebestprice(m): 9:59am On Jul 02, 2017
sorry my dear... buy your own car

(1) (Reply)

How Stone Found Behind Woman’s House In Ikorodu Caused Badoo Panic / 17 Year Old Girl C.aught P.ants Down With Her Cousin / Christian Student Beaten To Death By Muslim Classmates After Drinking From The S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.