Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) (46463 Views)

COVID-19: Goodluck Jonathan Donates Palliatives To 20 States (list) / Nigeria’s Trade Balance Exceeds N1 Trillion For First Time Since 2014 – Report / Confab 2014: 54 States, 54 Governors, 54 Ministers, 172 Senators, 224 Reps! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by XKZ(m): 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
olatola00:
What about Ikeja state from Lagos state.. As if the current 36 states are not enough.

Good idea, mainland and island should be separate states. smiley

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by PDJT: 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
-Instead of seeking Freedom & Liberty, Nigerians are seeking ways to complicate their nightmare and end up worse-off. Smh

-Biafra remains a viable option for us.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by mentor40(m): 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
State and capital surulere Aguda Nigeria pls borrow sense
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by psalmsjob: 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
olatola00:
What about Ikeja state from Lagos state.. As if the current 36 states are not enough.

I opinion is if more states would be created them we should as well declear every local government area as a state that's 774 states and let's see if some will not still ask that his town should be made a state.

State creation is not the solution but rights giving is the solution.

Politically: I want to wield the rights I have at my town in your town and vise versa without a master-servant feelings but in mutual respect.

Economically: I want to have total control over the resources in my town and only share what I can afford towards keeping our collective borders safe from external & internal aggressors.

Culturally: I want to practice my religion and beliefs in my town without interference from you and when am at your town I will likewise obey your town rules.

Summarily: The federal government should only be for; Military defense, National border Control, Supreme Court, Foreign Affairs, Financial Regulations. Every other sector should be in control of my town chairman or kinggrin.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrHowto:
Most foolish conference ever where money was looted for nonsensical confab. It is either we return back to 1960 arrangement which the greedy igbos disrupt or forget about restructuring. No state will be added.

igbos Hausa n Yoruba exacted the 1966 coup.

ALL the igbos who took part in that coup are not igbos, but niger deltans from Delta state, rivers state n etc.

The SE had no hand in that coup.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Omofunaab2: 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
Were these people high?.. This is not the kind of restructuring we want

2 Likes

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by oladeebo: 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nigerian youths you see your life!
when am caution you that comfab is non-sense
here is your comfab is this have meaning to the life of Nigerian?
eh no go better for comfab!
comfab my foot!
history had once again proof me right!

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
PrecisionFx:

igbos Hausa n Yoruba exacted the 1966 coup.

ALL the igbos who took part in that coup are not igbos, but niger deltans from Delta state.

We are not interested in your lies and history rewriting of My father say... My mother told me bla bla. The blood of Sardauna will continue to hunt you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by dgeniusdeen: 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
restructuring is the way not creating more state. by creating more state we will have more thief in the form of senators and house of rep

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by persius555(m): 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
Whichever region or state that can contribute more revenue for Nigeria should get a state status.

Creating more dependent states will only empower more individuals to become governors, and what do governors do?

They borrow money to fund their luxury lifestyle. This restructuring will create more problems than solve any if wisdom is not applied.

We asked for NEPA to be privatised. What we got in return is worse than darkness. We asked the military to leave, what we got is a Democracy riddled with corrupt, lazy,kleptomaniac politicians.

What we need is an effective system that devolves power to the grassroots, allows individuals and states to be independent with lesser interference by the central government.

A system that allows transparency in probing and adequately punishing corrupt public, corporate and political individual found to be financially corrupt.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by me69: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
The problem of this country is its people, we have been doing it wrong all this time.....It is the brain that we were meant to use to think well.

How is having more states will help matter, do you know you still need to pay the governors, house of Assembly, judges, as well as their allowances?

We were meant to have local governments, councillors to be able to manage our local communities (issues like sanitation, town planning, security, taxation, etc,) they has never being governance at local community levels. We need to have Mayors for big cities

We should be talking about having local representation from non-politicians just members of civil sociality ( the career gateman living down the street and his neighbour banker, they all know what needs to be discussed and improved) about issues that affect their street, neighborhood, area, town.

But if una want more states more bullet proof cars just continue Me I don't know anything

2 Likes

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Ebigide77(m): 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
that is a sign that the leaders of this Nation called Nigeria are vision less.they think creating more states will make Nigeria great? ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha foooooooools
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by me69: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
100% of revenues from mineral resources including mining should be devoted to capital projects. The rest is cost of running government should founded by taxation, where have you seen a country where services are free?

Or is the government doing jazz to get that money. Nigerians most pay for the services government render, Government no be father Christmas for any country....except Lybia of Ghaddafi or Arabic countries which have so much oil for small population
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by wealthpin: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
The recommendation of the 2014 confab is very pleasing. I wish this APC led government could implement it.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by oladeebo: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
THE ONLY VIABLE RESTRUCTURE OF NIGERIA NATION TODAY IS OLADEEBO RESTRUCTURE:
WHERE THE NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN REGION WILL BE STRIKE OUT AND WESTERN AND EASTERN REGION WILL BE ADOPTED:
look at the map:
each region have 18 state each!
each region have equal oil reserved state!
each region have the same population of christian and muslim
etc, etc, for the peaceful coesistence of Nigeria nation!
read my previuos threads and posts here, it's a knowledge of single oladeebo!
compare it to comfab and tell me the best!

https://www.nairaland.com/3877479/se-sw-zone-three-states

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Minemrys: 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
karlz:

but the fg itself is not viable, once crude oil loses value we'd be in hot oil soup
i pray it does, so by then we will kn0w whats up and can wake up to make our country great. You'd be surprised if that time c0mes, all these agitations might stop and people would think m0re abt fighting injustice and corrupti0n at every level.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Stefano911(m): 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrHowto:
Some southern state that are not more than Zaria local government of Kaduna state in both size and population deserve no additional state.

Even the present Bayelsa state should be merged to Rivers State.
You think creating a state is all about land mass?
Ode!

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by africanjapan(m): 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by bilazego(m): 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
nNEOo:

pls allow me "bariggar state"

Ppl won't see they are trying hard to devide us more .
Just the way the dismantled the eastern region in tiny pieces braking Ebonyi from Abia .
must our problems increase exponentially ?
"I propose we decentralize the center shikina "

Get your facts right, Ebonyi comprises of 5 states from abia and 8 states from Enugu.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
Stefano911:

You think creating a state is all about land mass?
Ode!

What is it all about? You're only clamoring for it because the north have more than the South.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Minemrys: 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nonaira1:

Either way I don't care.
Whether we are in South or east does not matter to n me right now

Anioma state would have been in existence if not for that bastard
and ani0ma wouldn't have been able to pay its workers their salaries. You think 18 states would solve the problems we have currently? Think again. All ani0ma would be doing would be enriching ur politicians m0re and m0re while the people starve.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by oscarline2002: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
Come! All this restructuring carrying banner headlines in most of the national dailies is all about creating more states?Creating more states is compounding the problem. Which money are they going to use to run these new emerging states. Instead for equity and fairness every state in Nigeria should be divided into two states. Niger Delta oil is in trouble!
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by lamalang(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
We no develope the 36 state finish you na wan create another problem
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by abiambo(m): 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrHowto:
Some southern state that are not more than Zaria local government of Kaduna state in both size and population deserve no additional state.

Lol u can't live all ur life in the north and make such statements... bayelsa and rivers is equal in size .... money coming of bayelsa alone is more than that coming from ur whole zone so wat d L r u talking about
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Eportal123: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
Kilode!!!!!

Most new states are from the north. Abeg let's break up already.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by bareal(m): 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrHowto:

Abi o! Bayelsa that cannot pay salaries even with the wealth in there... that governor should be hung at kirikiri. Merge the damn state with Rivers make their eye clear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Raddie(m): 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
The 494 man body who came up with these recommendations should be ashamed of themselves, cause even as at 2014 this wasn't viable - and one wonders why it's gathered dust.

2 Likes

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nonaira1: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Minemrys:

and ani0ma wouldn't have been able to pay its workers their salaries. You think 18 states would solve the problems we have currently? Think again. All ani0ma would be doing would be enriching ur politicians m0re and m0re while the people starve.

Is delta state government not owning salaries? What makes you think I care about the problems of Nigeria. As far as I'm concerned, that country is a dying fish that needs to be cut already. With that being said anioma state is beneficial to anioma as it gives us the fair of our community the way we want it andone not having to deal with the tribalistic policies that reeks in delta politics
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by kinzubi20: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
pls what about owerri state.
because Orlu Has taken over IMO state
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by UjSizzle(f): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Apa State? What will they include there, Agatu, Oturkpo?
That LG has nothing working for it.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Olivebranches(m): 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
dionma:
A lot of states are not viable. Many of them rely on federal allocation. Once federal allocation dwindle, they cannot pay salaries of civil servant and we are here talking of creating more states when the present ones are insolvent.

The thing tire me o. We should go for confederation rather than this states creation. How many current states are even viable, especially northern states? Confederation will create healthy competition among the regions. The federal govt will just be like the retired dad attending to foreign policies and armed forces.

This 54 states creation will create more problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Decorates 3 Injured Soldiers With Purple Heart Medal (Photos) / Road Leading To New Afrika Shrine Gets Rehabilitated Ahead Of Macron's Visit / Kemisola Ogunniyi Gives Birth In Prison In Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.