Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution (4069 Views)

NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party / Refusal To Respect Single-term Agreement Caused Pdp’s Defeat – Gov. Aliyu / Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by newmaster(m): 12:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:05am GMT Print | Single Page[-] Text [+]
* U.S., Britain, France, EU urge respect for constitution

* Say Anambra state elections next week will be "milestone"

* Call for those behind religious violence to face justice

By Nick Tattersall

LAGOS, Jan 29 (Reuters) - The United States and Europe have urged Nigeria to abide by the constitution in resolving uncertainty over President Umaru Yar'Adua's absence, saying the nation's stability has ramifications well beyond its borders.

The 58-year-old leader has been receiving medical treatment in Saudi Arabia for more than two months but has not formally handed over power to Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, an omission his critics say is in breach of the constitution.

The Senate, former heads of state and ex-ministers, the Nigerian Bar Association and the opposition have all called on Yar'Adua to formally notify parliament of his absence, a move which would allow Jonathan to become acting president.

But the cabinet -- most of them Yar'Adua's own appointees -- and the ruling party have said they see no reason for him to transfer power, creating an impasse which threatens to bring government in Africa's most populous nation to a grinding halt. Continued

http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFLDE60S0AL20100129?rpc=401&feedType=RSS&feedName=nigeriaNews&rpc=401
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2010
With people like Aaondoakaa at the helm of affairs in Nigeria, respecting the constitution will remain remain a dream.
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by showbobo(m): 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2010
They so Wish undecided lipsrsealed
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by Rooneyboy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2010
Respect constitution ke ! Do they know what they r saying ? This is naija, a country where every public servant sees his job as a birthright. The U.S and EU shouldnt worry much, the man will soon kick the bucket and that will end the whole drama.
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by neily(f): 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2010
We are used to the system. We are harder now.
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by Prince081: 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2010
According to H. Clinton the Nigerian leaders/PDP only pay lip service toThe rule of law, free and fair election and Democracy. Corruption, stealing and looting of government funds is currently massive. Under the nose the PDP leadership/government, Nigeria/Nigerians have been labelled terrorists. PDP please leave this country so that we can move forward. If not for this generation at least let the unborn generation have a country where they can live in peace and harmony, a country which they will be proud of.

Based on terrorism most countries of the world will deny Nigerians visa so the only option left is to develop and build Nigeria.

I rest my case. cry cry cry cry
weep for Nigeria
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by 9jafreak: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
[size=13pt]What's a FAILED STATE?[/size]
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by naijaswag1: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2010
Let me believe that the dead man is fit,but I want him to prove it by appearing on TV for Nigerians don't know what their president looks like anymore.He can go a step futher by getting on board an air ambulance and show his face in Aso Rock without further delay.All these deceit in Nigeria are bringing us closer to that inevitable chaos and bloody intervention that these wicked men are asking for.When bodies of the so called big men litter the streets,then they will come back to their senses.
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by becomricch: 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2010
99% of Yorubas in Nigeria, do not know that there is a Yoruba town call Ayekolelo in the republic of Benin.  99% of Yorubas in Nigeria do not know there is a Yoruba town call Okuta Bassa. and they do not know many yoruba town in Benin republic , Okuta osse. which is closer to Togo republic border. they kept on telling us lies. So that we  would remain in Nigeria. Google earth change all this.

How does this names of President of the Republic of Benin.  sound to you, like yoruba names.

Sourou Migan
Justin Tomêtin
  Mathieu Kérékou
Iropa  Kouandété
  Boni Yayi

Look at the name above, you can take it to any yoruba in nigeria, they would tell you this name look Yoruba. Kerekou ,made several effort to unity the twoNow really apart from kerekou ,  . kerekou also have some bariba root in him.  Kerekou in yoruba means He would not die. Kerekou cousin was Iropa  Kouandété.  Take for example Iropa. Go ask any yoruba man what Iropa means. it is a name given to a child, when all hope is lost.  Even migan nearly made the republic of Benin part of Nigeria. iropa was also president. Migan is from around the sabe area. Tometin, root is from the royal house who trace his root to either Oyo or ife. I cant remember which.

All this name above were Presdient of the republic of Benin. There are 3 abeokuta. 2 of the three abeokuta are in the Republic of Benin.

Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by ASEM30: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2010
hahahaha, Aaondooka is such and idiiot! nigerians are hilarious mahn, our ability to tolerate things beyond normal human ability IS OUTSTANDING!
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by beknown(m): 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2010
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by mezie4u(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2010
We need neither the Americans nor the Europians to tell us what to do about our ailing president. National Assembly should move to impeach him for breach of section 145 of 1999 constitution
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by baeyy(m): 2:44pm On Jan 29, 2010
this is just madness, why does a sick man choose not to leave this country, am really trying not to pray for this man to die, but this is just hardcore wickedness, so our constitution is so crappy that there is no definite process for this? I try to hold it down for my country but with each day that passes there iss something that happens that would make me be ashamed to call myself Nigerian.
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by hauler: 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2010
becomricch:

99% of Yorubas in Nigeria, do not know that there is a Yoruba town call Ayekolelo in the republic of Benin.  99% of Yorubas in Nigeria do not know there is a Yoruba town call Okuta Bassa. and they do not know many yoruba town in Benin republic , Okuta osse. which is closer to Togo republic border. they kept on telling us lies. So that we  would remain in Nigeria. Google earth change all this.

How does this names of President of the Republic of Benin.  sound to you, like yoruba names.

Sourou Migan
Justin Tomêtin
  Mathieu Kérékou
Iropa  Kouandété
  Boni Yayi

Look at the name above, you can take it to any yoruba in nigeria, they would tell you this name look Yoruba. Kerekou ,made several effort to unity the twoNow really apart from kerekou ,  . kerekou also have some bariba root in him.  Kerekou in yoruba means He would not die. Kerekou cousin was Iropa  Kouandété.  Take for example Iropa. Go ask any yoruba man what Iropa means. it is a name given to a child, when all hope is lost.  Even migan nearly made the republic of Benin part of Nigeria. iropa was also president. Migan is from around the sabe area. Tometin, root is from the royal house who trace his root to either Oyo or ife. I cant remember which.
All this name above were Presdient of the republic of Benin. There are 3 abeokuta. 2 of the three abeokuta are in the Republic of Benin.

Becomricch or whatever your name is, you need to stop posting this nonsense on Nairaland. Take your fantasies somewhere else. Why are you so obsessed with breaking up the country, and who told you that the constitution states that power has to be shared on a tribe-by-tribe basis? You need to take your cooked up maps elsewhere if you dont have anything good to say. By the way what will be the lingua fraca of this "Benin republic" of yours? Ewu!!
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by boyt1: 3:55pm On Jan 29, 2010
If  Aaondooka is kidnapped, i swear i Will take  2 days off for celebration. i have already saved some  cash towards that groooovy day. cool cool cool smiley smiley smiley
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by Marymos: 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2010
The present leader of both the senate and house of rep. are the worst leader that have ever emerge in this country.They will definitely regret it.As for Ya'aradua,he's a very wicked man for failing to hand over power to his vice.I hope he wont go back to the hospital after two months of his resumption.It is clear that a sick man can not rule this country.God save Nigeria.
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by yme1(f): 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2010
respect ko respect ni
any way they are right undecided
Marymos:

The present leader of both the senate and house of rep. are the worst leader that have ever emerge in this country.They will definitely regret it.As for Ya'aradua,he's a very wicked man for failing to hand over power to his vice.I hope he wont go back to the hospital after two months of his resumption.It is clear that a sick man can not rule this country.God save Nigeria.
you mean the president has emerged shocked shocked
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by Ben13: 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2010
We keep praying for Nigeria, the leaders are making it look like God is deaf. I'm tired of all these trash we hear everyday sad
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by lawrence83: 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2010
Keep decieving your self

F.ucking Aaondooka

@becomerich
U r one your own on this one oh.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by Spyker: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2010
@Becomrich, do you want to create another civil war between the Igbos and the Ikwerres or the Ijaws with your theory. When has similarities in names make you become an Igbo man. I hope you don't blindly argue this with an Ikwerre man in Rivers State otherwise they will slice off your head. tongue
Leave that area and concentrate on the thread.

Back to thread, a white man cracked a joke saying that "black men do not read books" and i will accept some of it in the sense that "some black men read books but only read where it will benefit them. Example of such black men is Nigeria's Attorney General/Minister of Justice. That man read books and the Nigerian constitution was one of such books but he only read the part that benefits him. How i wish he will be bedridden like his Boss.
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by mrblack: 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2010
wake up nigeria,praying prayer praying going to churches and mosque cannot solve god has left nigeria for long,am afraid but this country is going to fall into war cos those leaders cant step aside for nigeria development,we pray without taking actions while this is the only opportunity we can all come out and say enough is enough and to install our won leader,jonathan will be monitored by devils like obj and as long as those old devils remain in power nigeria is not going anywhere take it or leave.
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by becomricch: 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2010
what map did , i cook up, check the source yourself

Go to benin republic and you would find another Abeokuta town

http://maps.google.com/maps

Ikwerres are igbos, have you ever seen an ikwerri man bearing fulani name before. check thier history

You people are wicked. If  Odili want to run for president, you people remember that he is igbos, now when break up is what we are talking about, you now remember Odili is not igbo.

Ikwerri people are as Okoro, zebudayya

It is the northerner media trying to create confusion.

Why Mutallah bomb  america, is because of this ONE NIGERIA BY FORCE, they made up census figures.  while they claim katsina state is 5.7 million and Oyo state is 5.5 million. This boy read engineering, and knows that was a lie. He would be going to jail because he wanted to play the Northern Hero.  That is ibadan compare with Katsina.

Katsina state 5.7 million 34 local govt
Oyo state 5.5 million 33 local govt

Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by mastalee(m): 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2010
It is a shame that some group
of people because of their
personal gain have turned
Nigeria into rubbish dump
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by dave07(m): 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2010
wake up nigeria,praying prayer praying going to churches and mosque  cannot solve god has left nigeria for long
Nigeria has been preserved this long because God's people prayed. your etnic tribes/nationalities are nmore than that of Rwanda or Somalia but these countries never had monumental problems like nigeria b4 disintegrating. God who began a good work in nigeria will surely perfect it
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by hilli666(m): 6:43pm On Jan 29, 2010
All we can do is pray and hope, while we sit and continually tolerate such audacious corruption for our leaders. Other nations payed for their freedom with war and blood. Hence they have a much more profound respect and tolerance for their rights. We, were given our freedom and independence by the British. Like they saying goes, "you will never appreicate what you dont work hard for" Hence we dont appreciate are freedom and rights.
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by hauler: 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2010
becomricch:

what map did , i cook up, check the source yourself

Go to benin republic and you would find another Abeokuta town

http://maps.google.com/maps

Ikwerres are igbos, have you ever seen an ikwerri man bearing fulani name before. check thier history

You people are wicked. If  Odili want to run for president, you people remember that he is igbos, now when break up is what we are talking about, you now remember Odili is not igbo.

Ikwerri people are as Okoro, zebudayya

It is the northerner media trying to create confusion.

If Benin republic dey hungry you then go build house for there na. Don't come here and start ranting like a lunatic
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by becomricch: 8:24pm On Jan 29, 2010
Corruption is linked to ethnics in nigeria. In most part of the world. They have a system that they know thier people. Criminal can not get into power and become governor and president, because they have a database of criminal, in our case, because of ethnics problem, we cant have true census figures and can not create this database. This is why our leaders are corrupt.

Most of them would not be there in the first place.

How many time have you seen an american with criminal record , run for president of America.

Criminal gang are the one who run nigeria. They are in govt. You ask yourself how do you solve it.

We can only solve it thru database. The north would not allow for a accurate database. becaus ethey would endup been minority.

Any normal human would tell you solve the root cause of the problem first. Restructure nigeria. Remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic. You have solve the problem.

We would be like most developed countries in the world, if we do this. People dont have to steal to buy a house or car and others. We steal because we do not have database, which the north would never allow because they would be minority.  I would like to appear before the US senate or Oprah show to explain how nigeria works.

We would get the required 73 senators to remove edo, delta and bayelsa into benin.
While bayelsa must be in benin republic, 99% would already be inside benin republic. To an Ijaw man three word are the most important to him. Fish, sea and timber from tree.

Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by Focusmind: 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2010
You people should stop responding to this idiot called 'becomrich'. He hardly post any meaninful thing except to whip up tribal and religious sentiments.Nobody was responding to him and he kept on posting rubbish.

It is better Nairlanders ignore him so that he continues to wallow in his own narrow mindedness.
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by oge4real(f): 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2010
US, EU, Uk, Arab and Africa, sharrap there and mind ya own business(es). Leave Naija alone, we know where we are headed!
Re: U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution by blacksta(m): 10:52pm On Jan 29, 2010
oge4real:

US, EU, Uk, Arab and Africa, sharrap there and mind ya own business(es). Leave Naija alone, we know where we are headed!

where if i may ask - I am thinking maybe to the gutter .

fuel scarcity since late last year

(1) (2) (Reply)

“i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets) / See What An Apc Lawyer Has To Say About Buhari. / Peter Obi On Channels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.