Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Nigeria Baptist Convention Sunday School Outline Today 2nd July 2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Baptist Convention Sunday School Outline Today 2nd July 2017 (1185 Views)

My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown / Rccg Sunday School 09 July, 2017 / Rccg Sunday School Manual, Sunday, 2nd July 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Baptist Convention Sunday School Outline Today 2nd July 2017 by Tobibabs19(m): 11:15am On Jul 02, 2017
NIGERIAN BAPTIST CONVENTION SUNDAY SCHOOL OUTLINE
JULY 2, 2017
THEME FOR JUNE, JULY, AUGUST: GOD’S URGENT CALL
THEME FOR JULY: CALLING OF PROPHETS.
TOPIC: MOSES AND THE BURNING BUSH.
TEXT: EXODUS 3:1-10
GOLDEN TEXT: And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me; and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. So now, go, I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people, the Israelites out of Egypt. Exodus 3:9
INTRODUCTION
Mr Jackson is a member of All Saints Baptist Church. For a number of years, he was committed to cleaning the church toilets without anyone noticing except the church pastor. Unfortunately, he took ill and for some weeks he could not come to the church nor clean the toilets. It was at this time many discovered that Jackson has been responsible for the constant cleaning of the toilets. When asked why he was committed to such a menial work, he simply said, "God spoke to me in my dream about the assignment, hence I devoted my time to it."
God is in the business of calling people for different assignments. For example, he called Abraham and other major and minor prophets in the Old Testament and gave them different assignments. Furthermore,, during Jesus' earthly ministry, He called different people at different time for kingdom business. However, according to the lesson today, the circumstances that surrounded the life of Moses from birth indicated that God had prepared him for a definite assignment even when he was not aware. Nevertheless, while he was in the bush, the strange experience of the burning bush without the leaves being consumed caught his attention. Out of curiosity, he walked close to the scene and eventually heard the voice of God giving him the divine assignment of delivering His people from the Egyptians and bringing them to the Promised Land that flows with milk and honey (Exodus 3:cool.
THE LESSON EXPLAINED
A. MOSES HEARS THE VOICE OF GOD EXODUS 3:1-6
Moses lived in the palace of King Pharaoh until he killed an Egyptian and fled to the land of Midian because Pharaoh tried to kill him (Exodus 2:15). He got married to the daughter of Jethro, Zipporah, and began to tend the flock of his father-in-law. One day, while going about his business of tending the flock, he came to Horeb the holy mountain of God (v. 1). On this mountain, Moses had an encounter with an angel who appeared to him in flames of fire within the bush. Surprisingly, while the bush was on fire, it was not consumed. According to verse 3, Moses was captivated by the strange sight and thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight why the bush does not burn up" (v. 3). Consequently, he heard the voice of God from within the bush, saying, Moses! Moses!" Moses answered," Here I am," an indication of readiness to listen to and obey the instructions that were about to be given. God gave him two specific instructions:" Do not come any closer" and "Take off your sandals because the place where you are standing is holy ground" (v. 5). Some Bible scholars said the concept of taking off one's sandals is an ancient way of showing respect and reverence to God when standing in a holy place (Joshua 5:15). In addition, God revealed Himself to Moses as the God of his father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. Moses was afraid to look at God and so, he hid face.
When Moses ran away from Egypt little did he know that God was preparing him for the task of delivering the Israelites from the Egyptians. Without doubt, the burning bush was divine. It was meant to attract Moses' attention and it eventually ushered in a decisive moment that affected his entire life. Furthermore, the burning bush signifies the presence of the holy God. Today, God still calls people through different ways like the still small voice, dreams, inner conviction, message from other people and sometimes unpleasant experiences. However, what is important is our quick response to God's call.
DISCUSSION TIME
1. Does God still speak to people audibly like He spoke to Moses in the bush? Let some members share their practical experiences.____________________________
2. What is the meaning of Moses' response in verse 4c and its implication for contemporary Christians._________________________________________________
B. DIVINE ASSIGNMENT FOR MOSES EXODUS 3:7-10
The call of Moses and purposeful in the history of the people of Israel who were under oppression in the land of Egypt. God needed a human instrument like Moses to be used to deliver Israel from their suffering. Therefore, having revealed Himself to Moses as the God of the patriarchs, He mandated him to be His messenger to Pharaoh. He said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering." According to verse 8, God was out to rescue His people from their slave masters and bring them to the Promised Land that flows with milk and honey. This necessitated God's command to Moses in verse 10,"So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt"
It is apparent that God was quite aware of the suffering of the Israelites in the hands of their oppressors and was willing to rescue them, and establish for them His initial plan to make them inhabit the Promised Land (Deuteronomy 12:5). Although Moses was reluctant as he raised several objections, God promised to be with him (v. 12); an assurance that His power will enable him to accomplish what He had called him to do (Genesis 26:3). Unfortunately today, some Christians shy away from accomplishing tasks for God for reasons such as lack of time, inability, timidity, inexperience, lack of formal education, distance and language barriers. They often forget that when God calls, He gives the ability to complete the task.
DISCUSSION TIME
1. Discuss possible reasons God decided to send Moses back to Egypt from where he initially ran away._____________________________________________________
2. God promised to be with Moses. Discuss how encouragement can help people to do their best in serving God without reservation.______________________________
PRAYER POINTS
1. Thank God for counting you worthy to be used of Him.
2. Pray that God will equip you with His grace whenever He needs you for a specific task and that you will not disappoint Him in Jesus' Name.
TAKE HOME
. God can use anyone to achieve His purpose.
. God still reveals Himself to His people.
. Every divine assignment needs divine empowerment.
. God knows our challenges and He is capable of handling them.
. Christians should rely on God's power to accomplish their task for God.
. God is concerned about our suffering and is always with us in our darkest moment.
. Believers should be encouraged to look beyond their inadequacies to the adequacy of the One who has called them to a particular task.
NEXT WEEK SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON
JULY 9, 2017
THEME FOR JUNE, JULY, AUGUST: GOD’S URGENT CALL
THEME FOR JULY: CALLING OF PROPHETS.
TOPIC: ISAIAH IN THE TEMPLE.
TEXT: ISAIAH 6:1-8
NOTE: THE SUNDAY SCHOOL OUTLINES FOR JULY HAVE TWO SECTIONS A & B ALL THROUGH THE MONTH.
MARANATHA!!!

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Purpose Of Fasting? / "How Should I Witness To A Jew?" / Liberian News: Pastor TB Joshua To Influence Outcome Of Presidential Election!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.