Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says (1118 Views)

"Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive" - Kemi Olunloyo / Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Buhari - Fani Kayode / Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by boman2014: 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
A Facebook user simply identified as Chukwudi has dropped words
that have made many people angrier with Nnamdi Kanu.

Leo is such a great supporter of the Biafra movement that he
declared their leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu their lord and personal
saviour.

Chukwudi Leo wrote on his Facebook:

"Our Supreme Leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is bigger than Jesus….
You must accept Mazi Nnamdi Kanu as the messiah and the saviour
of our land for you to inherit the kingdom of Heaven…..

Take it or leave it Biafra must be restored on Earth!
Nigerians and fellow Biafrans have condemned this post while
others supported or are indifferent to it."

See some of their comments below:

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt354cpdp063n.92bed1da.png[/img]

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by CplusJason: 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lol, if not for Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ who is always merciful and full of grace, the yellow squirrel called Kanu will still be having watery beans filled with flies in his original palace "Kuje"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by NNAMDIII(m): 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
why dem this stupid people dey disgrace ibos? I wish I was from the south west cry

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by ESDKING: 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
NNAMDIII:
why dem this stupid people dey disgrace ibos? I wish I was from the south west cry
Of course you know that you are not ordinary Yoruba, but you are afonja Muslim from Oshogbo.
Igbo man indeed writing "Ibos".
Don't modify your comments because it won't help you.
Afonjas are damn terrible !!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by NNAMDIII(m): 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
ESDKING:

Of course you know that you are not ordinary Yoruba, but you are afonja Muslim from Oshogbo.
Igbo man indeed writing "Ibos".

Afonjas are damn terrible !!
Look at my moniker, e resemble Yoruba ni? Mumu wey no know the difference between IGBO and IBO, olodo!

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by ESDKING: 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Look at my moniker, i resemble Yoruba ni?
Hahaha, na today we begin see your type ?. There is one that even bear Ojukwu as his name here but he's a pure Yoruba Muslim like you.
Mr man, we know Igbos here by their reasonable comments not their monikers

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by zombieHUNTER: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Look at my moniker, e resemble Yoruba ni? Mumu wey no know the difference between IGBO and IBO, olodo!
whatever the day said is his personal opinion and he is titled to it

As for you my guy undecided
Your moniker says you are nnamdi
How can you not be Igbo

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by Ken4Christ: 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
If this is the mindset of Kanu, then his Biafra dream is already a failure.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by pryme(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
If KANU does not come out and distance himself from this claim, then not only has he sinned against man, but has Blasphemed God, his punishment is now out of our hands but now in God's hands.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by amjoseph19: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Is it by moniker? Your account was created few days ago and you have spent all of ur time here in nairaland abusing IPOB and Kanu.

Typical move of an Afonja. a very low one for that matter.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by amjoseph19: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
NNAMDIII:

Hahahhahaah ahahhahaah ahahahha
Afonja, where are you from before? you think that your username can hide you.

There is a post here about Yoruba development. I bet you won't near there. na to dey carry igbo matter for head.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by NNAMDIII(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
amjoseph19:

Is it by moniker? Your account was created few days ago and you have spent all of ur time here in nairaland abusing IPOB and Kanu.

Typical move of an Afonja. a very low one for that matter.
You can go through my post, i no blame you sha. Do you think all ibos are in support of Biafra?? I no get una time
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by plaetton: 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
pryme:
If KANU does not come out and distance himself from this claim, then not only has he sinned against man, but has Blasphemed God, his punishment is now out of our hands but now in God's hands.
Nonsense.

The claim is not a false claim.

In the same way that Ojukwu was a god among men, so too,
for his young followers, Kanu is bigger than Jesus, much bigger than Jesus.

For one thing, Jesus the myth was neither an African nor an Igbo man.
Kanu is a living, breathing hero, a Moses of sorts for the millions of youths that now look up to him and follow him.

Besides, going by the Bible, Jesus was also supposedly a notorious Rabble Rouser that challenged the prevailing status quo , the entrenched religious and political order of his day.
Mix that with a few myths over a few hundred years, and VOILA! We wink have a god, godman or assistant god or co-god as many would want to believe.

At the end , it's all about perception and faith.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by pryme(m): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
plaetton:

Nonsense.

The claim is not a false claim.

In the same way that Ojukwu was a god among men, so too,
for his young followers, Kanu is bigger than Jesus, much bigger than Jesus.

For one thing, Jesus the myth was neither an African nor an Igbo man.
Kanu is a living, breathing hero, a Moses of sorts for the millions of youths that now look up to him and follow him.

Besides, going by the Bible, Jesus was also supposedly a notorious Rabble Rouser that challenged the prevailing status quo , the entrenched religious and political order of his day.
Mix that with a few myths over a few hundred years, and VOILA! We wink have a god, godman or assistant god or co-god as many would want to believe.

At the end , it's all about perception and faith.

The owner of this post is special breed of zombies.
Take them seriously at your own peril

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by plaetton: 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
pryme:

The owner of this post is special breed of zombies.
Take them seriously at your own peril
Actually, Zombies show themselves by not showing an ability to offer a rebuttal, even a feeble one, to challenge an argument. Instead, they resort to the low IQ tendency of compulsive name-calling.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by pryme(m): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
plaetton:

Actually, Zombies show themselves by not showing an ability to offer a rebuttal, even a feeble one, to challenge an argument. Instead, they resort to the low IQ tendency of compulsive name-calling.

What? are you mad that am stating the obvious? What do you call someone that has no brain?

You want to put an argument for kANU comparing him with Jesus? Nigga are you for real?

The very beginning and the End,
The one that made your life has a new meaning, I can go on and on..

OK...

Bring that your kanu let's kill him and burry him, then let's wait for him to rise up on the Third day.

If you do that I will take you seriously.

There is no need to tell you to get lost, cos you are lost already
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by amjoseph19: 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
NNAMDIII:
You can go through my post, i no blame you sha. Do you think all ibos are in support of Biafra?? I no get una time
I was expecting this reply. lol
I will be a fool to expect all Ignos to support Biafra.
But you, You are an Afonja.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by mysteriousman(m): 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Epic joke
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by Victornezzar: 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nnamdi kanu has made some people gone mad again
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by plaetton: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
pryme:

What? are you mad that am stating the obvious? What do you call someone that has no brain?

You want to put an argument for kANU comparing him with Jesus? Nigga are you for real?

The very beginning and the End,
The one that made your life has a new meaning, I can go on and on..

OK...

Bring that your kanu let's kill him and burry him, then let's wait for him to rise up on the Third day.

If you do that I will take you seriously.

There is no need to tell you to get lost, cos you are lost already

Meaningless babble.
Again, you made no attempt to challenge my argument with reason. Intellectual deficit, I presume.

Now, if you had a minimum education, and are able to put things in proper perspective, removing any religious garbage that encumbers your brain, then you should also reach a reasonable conclusion that Jesus and Nnamdi Kanu are comparable for stubborn and resilient challenge to the entrenched Religious and political status quos in their respective domains.

Why do you think Jesus gathered a following that morphed into the most powerful and influential religion on Earth?
Because, he challenged the status quo and supposedly payed with his life.
Dummy!
Nnamdi Kanu is also challenging the entrenched political status quo, and offered to pay with his life if and when necessary.

Nnamdi Kanu goes one step further than Jesus. You see, when the imperial Rome declared Jesus and his followers wanted because of temple riots and tensions in polity, Jesus used his most trusted friend, Judas, to secretly negotiate a surrender, in order to spare the lives of his disciples and followers.

Kanu, on the hand, remained resilient, intransigent and defiant even in prison when he had very little hope of regaining freedom.

Christians await Jesus, their mythical Messiah, to liberate them from the shackles of worldly up and downs, and shuttle them to a mythical heaven on a magical spaceship. grin

Likewise, Igbos, especially the youths, seen in Kanu, the reincarnation of Ojukwu, their hero and liberator, to liberate them from the shackles of Housa/Fulani imperium, to create an idealistic Biafra , where the Igbo spirit can SOAR without the limiting tendencies of Hausa /Fulani association.

That's it in a nutshell, my friend.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by jmoore(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is a mad man. We shall see the end of his craziness.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by pryme(m): 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
plaetton:

Meaningless babble.
Again, you made no attempt to challenge my argument with reason. Intellectual deficit, I presume.

Now, if you had a minimum education, and are able to put things in proper perspective, removing any religious garbage that encumbers your brain, then you should also reach a reasonable conclusion that Jesus and Nnamdi Kanu are comparable for stubborn and resilient challenge to the entrenched Religious and political status quos in their respective domains.

Why do you think Jesus gathered a following that morphed into the most powerful and influential religion on Earth?
Because, he challenged the status quo and supposedly payed with his life.
Dummy!
Nnamdi Kanu is also challenging the entrenched political status quo, and offered to pay with his life if and when necessary.

Nnamdi Kanu goes one step further than Jesus. You see, when the imperial Rome declared Jesus and his followers wanted because of temple riots and tensions in polity, Jesus used his most trusted friend, Judas, to secretly negotiate a surrender, in order to spare the lives of his disciples and followers.

Kanu, on the hand, remained resilient, intransigent and defiant even in prison when he had very little hope of regaining freedom.

Christians await Jesus, their mythical Messiah, to liberate them from the shackles of worldly up and downs, and shuttle them to a mythical heaven on a magical spaceship. grin

Likewise, Igbos, especially the youths, seen in Kanu, the reincarnation of Ojukwu, their hero and liberator, to liberate them from the shackles of Housa/Fulani imperium, to create an idealistic Biafra , where the Igbo spirit can SOAR without the limiting tendencies of Hausa /Fulani association.

That's it in a nutshell, my friend.

It's only a fool that will stoop very low to argue this matter with you, am not, so I won't.

Your reply, is insignificant.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by plaetton: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
pryme:

It's only a fool that will stoop very low to argue this matter with you, am no so I won't.

Lol. grin

As I always say, a capitulation by any other name is still a capitulation. grin
Good night little one. wink
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by GooseBaba: 2:38am On Jul 03, 2017
pryme:

It's only a fool that will stoop very low to argue this matter with you, am no so I won't.

Hehehe...you know na.....only a fool will say a 2000 yrs old dead human being is his personal Lord and savior..

Who is fooling who.....lol
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by opalu: 2:41am On Jul 03, 2017
The Intellectual Case Against Nigeria’s Break-Up (II) By Farooq Kperogi, Ph.D.
Twitter: @farooqkperogi

I want to begin this week’s installment by responding to a challenge thrown at me by a reader. The reader said India’s relative national cohesion is a consequence of its monolingual character. That, of course, implies that Nigeria’s linguistic plurality is the reason for its tendency toward fissiparity.

That is completely inaccurate, and this inaccuracy sprouts from the misconception that everybody in India speaks the Hindi language. The truth is that out of India’s over 1.2 billion people, only 258 million people speak Hindi as a native language, according to the country’s 2001 national census. That number represents less than 25 percent of India’s population.

Although Hindi is, along with English, India’s national language, it is spoken by less than 50 percent of the country’s population. People in southern India, who speak a multiplicity of mutually unintelligible languages, intensely resent Hindi’s imposition as a national language. So India is a polyglot nation like Nigeria.

I should add that nothing in what I have written so far is intended to make the case that Nigeria does not have profound problems that it must confront truthfully to realize its vast potential. I'm only concerned that efforts at nation building are stuck in prolonged infancy because of inaccurate claims about our differences and the insistence that these so-called differences make the emergence of a virile, united nation impossible.

I have been involved in arguments with my Nigerian compatriots in the diaspora about this issue for several years. A persistent example they cite to underscore the “unnaturalness” of the troubled ethnic alchemy that is Nigeria is the United States of America. They claim that America was founded through the consensus of the Founding Fathers and that this somehow illustrates their point that if Nigeria must endure, it must have some kind of a roundtable discussion to “renegotiate” the basis of co-existence. Fair enough.

However, a cursory look at the history of the United States will show that claims about the consensual nature of the formation of the country are balanced on a very fragile thread of socio-historical evidence.

Although the argument can be made that the consensus of the power structure of the dominant white population built America, the fact also remains that the subaltern populations—African Americans, Native Americans, poor whites, women, etc.—were systematically excluded from this consensus.

The African slaves that were brought here were not allowed to become citizens until relatively recently. And in much of Southern United States, they won the right to vote only in the 1960s.

Native Americans who had lived in this country for ages before the Anglo-Saxons came from Europe to uproot and exterminate most of them only became full citizens years after the country was formed—and against their wishes. (The first Native American in the U.S. Senate was elected only in 1992!).

The state of Louisiana, where I lived for about two years, was BOUGHT from the French without the consent of the people who inhabited it. Alaska was also BOUGHT from Russia without the consent of the people who inhabited it. Hawaii, America’s 50th state, was arbitrarily annexed in spite of resistance from Native Hawaiians. And this is true of most other states in the United States.

Again, like Nigeria, the United States fought a long, hard, and bloody Civil War to "FORCE" the Southern states of the country to remain in the Union. The South wasn’t allowed to produce a president almost 100 years after the Civil War. This makes the United States a “forced” nation—if we are persuaded by the logic of Nigerian irredentists who hold on to the idea of a mythical consensus as the foundation for national formation.

I agree that Nigeria in its present form was created for the convenience of British colonial conquerors. But so were India, Singapore, Malaysia, and several other modern nations. The fact of their colonial creation is not a reason to expect that they will collapse.

In any case, if we insist on consent as a precondition for nationhood, most of our “ethnic nationalities” should not even exist in the first place. For instance, there wouldn’t be an ethnic group called the Yoruba.

Obafemi Awolowo, MKO Abiola, Abraham Adesanya, Ernest Shonekan, Gani Fawehinmi, Wole Soyinka, Femi Falana, etc. would not be Yorubas. Why? Because they all come from parts of Western Nigeria that were not “Yoruba” until British colonialists incorporated (read “forced”) them into that identity.

The word “Yoruba” is the corruption of “Yoruba,” the Hausa word to refer to people in present-day Oyo, Osun, parts of Lagos, and parts of Kwara—itself first used by a Songhai scholar, as I will show next week. It didn't include much of present-day Ondo, Ogun, and Ekiti—and certainly didn’t include the Okun people of Kogi who are now called “Yorubas in Kogi.”

When I attended a wedding at a small town in Ekiti State in the early 2000s, my Yoruba friends from Lagos were shocked to discover that in rural Ekiti State most people neither spoke nor understood Yoruba.

We asked a couple of elderly people for directions to the venue of the wedding, and they couldn’t answer us because they didn’t understand Yoruba. They responded in Ekiti language, which is incomprehensible to “mainstream” Yoruba people. In rural Ondo and Ogun, and even parts of rural Lagos, you will find places where Yoruba is incomprehensible to vast swathes of people.

Interestingly, the people who were called “Yoruba” by the Hausas did not even identify themselves by that name until the twilight of the 19th century. They identified themselves, instead, by such names as “Oyo,” “Ijesa,” “Owo,” "Ibolo," "Igbomina," "Ibadan," etc. This is what historians discovered when they examined the records of the slaves brought from what is now western Nigeria to America in the 16th century. There was not a single slave who self-identified as “Yoruba.”

Well, it was our British colonial conquerors who foisted a “Yoruba” identity on all the people who inhabit the western portion of Nigeria—without the “consent” of the people. In other words, people were "forced" into a Yoruba identity, in the same way that the Nigerian identity was “forced” on all of us. That’s why both Awolowo and Adesanya (people who went on to become “leaders of the Yoruba race”) are on record as saying that they were first Ijebus before they were Yoruba, and then Nigerians.

I’m not by this ignoring the undeniable linguistic and cultural similarities, however initially distant, between the people that are called Yoruba today, but it took colonialism, and Samuel Ajayi Crowder’s efforts, for this to be discovered and mobilized for political purposes.

Next week I will discuss the constructedness of other ethnicities.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus - Biafra Supporter Chukwudi Leo Says by salford1: 5:52am On Jul 03, 2017
The dude that made the comment is a staunch supporter of ipob with close to 5000 followers on facebook.

Since NK is a jew, does it matter if some Igbos call him a messiah bigger than Jesus?
Afterall, muslims hold Mohammed in higher esteem than any other person including Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

We Deltans Claim Enugu As Part Of Naija Delta Too.. / The Shooting Of The Frsc Officer In Abia State, The True Story -by Uche Aguoru / But Nnamdi Kanu Said Buhari Will Not Return.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.