Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP (30821 Views)

Doyin Okupe And Wife Tested Positive For COVID-19. Pictured At Isolation Centre / Osun Rerun: Omisore Agrees To Work For APC Victory On Thursday - Doyin Okupe / Benue Massacre: Doyin Okupe Provides Shocking Revelations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by Abagworo(m): 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
It is time to say GOODBYE TO PDP.

It is with deep regret that I publicly announce my resignation from the People’s Democratic Party.
It has to be public because the PDP no longer exists in my ward as a single unified party; it was when I joined it.
My resignation is based on periods of long introspection and some of the following reasons:

1. It is no longer news that the PDP has been embroiled in a fratricidal internal crisis brought upon it by itself.
Its current direction is difficult to discern and I am convinced that even when the much expected judgement from the Supreme Court is given, the future of the party is not likely to be significantly affected whichever way the judgement goes.

2. There seems to be too much deception, selfishness and gross nepotism in our polity nationally.
During the NRC and SDP era, there existed true nationalism and brotherhood.
Northern NRC politicians will under no circumstance undermine their party for any parochial reason. Also neither will a Southern NRC politician, under any circumstance betray their party.
Abiola was a Yoruba man, yet those of us who were Yorubas in the NRC never once thought of voting for him.
The commitment in the North was even more profound. Even the Northern SDP rejected a distinguished successful Kano born Presidential Candidate, Alhaji Bashir Tofa, and voted for a Southern Yoruba muslim candidate. Worse than that, both Abiola and his running mate, Amb. Baba Gana Kingibe were muslims. Yet, it did not matter.
Today, political parties have lost their importance and identities. Once the candidate is Northern, his party is immaterial, all norherners irrespective of their professed party affiliations will vote for him.
This is the major reason why there has been a total absence of opposition in the country in the last two years, and may probably be responsible for the polarization and sharp ethnic divisions we are currently witnessing in the country.
In the east, there is intense anger and loud call for secession, in the south-south, there is absolute indignation and very resolute demand for total control of their resources, while the south-west is bellicose and hell bent on true federalism and restructuring which many prominent Northerners openly oppose for good or for bad.
Under these circumstances, political parties have lost their flavor and relevance.Certainly, a party like my former party, PDP has no future in the evolving Nigerian Political Circus.

3. This political confusion has percolate to the states, Ogun state being one of the worst hit.
The leadership of the party has been irredeemably fictionalized for nearly a decade.
Presently it is divided broadly into two major factions. One headed by Hon Ladi Adebutu and the other by Senator Buruji Kashamu.
Unfortunately I do not fit into either group. Hence it becomes extremely difficult for me to operate as a politician under the PDP umbrella in the state. Yet, all politics is local.

4. The situation in the country may in the nearest future require that matured men of goodwill standby to play a unifying role for political stability of the country. My membership of PDP may directly or indirectly preclude me from gratifying such noble and patriotic desire.
Undeniably, I have been one of the major beneficiaries (not financially) of the PDP. But for a fact, the PDP and the APC are political platforms that have now expired or in the process of being so.
Therefore, no matter my commitment and passion for this great party, the PDP, it has become menopausal and can no longer bear fruits.
I have therefore decided to withdraw a bit and study the political situation more critically and thereafter take a decision soonest on my next political move.
I will miss my friends, associates and co-travelers on this tortuous political journey and adventure. However, it is also still possible that our paths cross in the nearest future, which will be a delight.
But in spite of my stated pessimism, I sincerely express my best wishes to the more courageous party faithfuls who I am leaving behind,and I also pray for God’s guidance for them.
For how far I have gone, I remain eternally grateful to Almighty God and Jesus Christ my savior, to whom ALL powers belong. If it is His will that I still play a role in National Politics in future, then most certainly, and by His grace, I WILL BE BACK.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1895943473998809&id=1425109977748830

4 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by eezeribe(m): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
There was a political party...

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by themonk(m): 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
undecided
Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by Abagworo(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
Some reactions

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by dlondonbadboy: 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Okupe. Nobody takes you seriously...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by Marvel1206: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Resigns from pdp or politics?

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by HisSexcellency(m): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
grin grin grin
Hope I won't be hearing rumors of him courting the APC soon just like his brother Obanikoro is doing now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by seunmsg(m): 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Okupe the bastardo is now claiming to be a statesman. Had PDP won the last election, we won't be reading this boring resignation no matter the crisis in the party. No money to share again and everybody is deserting the PDP.

27 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by simplycarro: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Igbos were meant to be the rallying point for PDP, but lack the discipline, the strength and capacity to play opposition politics but busy trying to run away from Nigeria and trying to lure the Southern minorities with them. Sadly the party will turn Nigeria to a one party state

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by Karlovich: 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
polithiefcians whoring up and down, buhari it shall never be well with you

4 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by yemmight(m): 4:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
Doyin Okupe is not relevant in Nugerian politics.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by 989900: 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
APC Loading . . .

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by raumdeuter: 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
How were Yoruba able to hold opposition together for 16yrs. once Tinubu left opposition all the Ibo in pdp like typical agip they can't survive without federal power

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by obonujoker(m): 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
simplycarro:
Igbos were meant to be the rallying point for PDP, but lack the discipline, the strength and capacity to play opposition politics but busy trying to run away from Nigeria and trying to lure the Southern minorities with them. Sadly the party will turn Nigeria to a one party state

So PDP is an Igbo party??

17 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
989900:
APC Loading . . .

APC loaded

Now He will be washed and cleansed of his transgressions. Foolish people

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by ChangetheChange: 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
Only enlightened minds would be able to understand why people like Obanikoro and Okupe are quitting now, it's not about PDP or APC but about the coming realignment in the coming weeks as 2019 approaches.

Mark my words APC is about to implode and disintegrate in various parties.

Tinubu is all but done with APC cos of the way the CPC faction of APC has hijacked the party from him and they have not fulfilled many part of the agreement they they worked on before 2015 election

Tinubu is waiting by December this Year to starting pulling out his ACN faction which are mainly from the South West out to APC into the new APDA, as it is now clear to Tinubu that the Cabal at Aso Rock with the support of El Rufai is trying to manipulate Amosun, Fashola and Fayemi as the new Leaders of APC in the South West which Tinubu has considered and insult and betrayal on the part of Amosun, Fahsola and Fayemi.

APDA is the creation of Tinubu, Atiku, Wike, Fayose and other members Markafi led PDP faction, they are all already realiging for 2019

Obanikoro, Bode George, Doyin Okupe inevitable defection to APC on a short term is just a smoke screen for the mass defections of APC members and PDP memebers into the newly created APDA from December this Year

The realignment for 2019 has begun
The cabal at Aso Rock will not know what hit them by Beginning of 2018

7 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by simplycarro: 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
obonujoker:

So PDP is an Igbo party??

Who has the highest elected political leader in Nigeria in the person of the DSP
Where do we have the highest concentration of PDP faithfuls
Where are the highest number of elected governors on PDP platform?
Igbos supposed to provide leadership for PDP but unfortunately they have no wherewithal to do so

7 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by Abagworo(m): 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by kunzo: 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nigeria politicians are prostitutes without conscience!

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by auntysimbiat(f): 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by dhesire(m): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Uncle Doyin, you are still needed in PDP ooo

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by burkingx(f): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
grin

5 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by samx4real(m): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
STOP RECYCLING CORRUPTION!!!
Don't vote for any former governor, Rep, senator or whoever in 2019.
Share if you are in support.

3 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by awa(m): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ashawo Politicians....
Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by burkingx(f): 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by DanseMacabre(m): 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
After just two years? angry
Stomach infrastructure no favour this fat fool be that.
Re: Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP by larrymoore(m): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
but that party has long been burried.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Of IPOB Member Killed When Army Invaded Nnamdi Kanu's House (Photos) / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 / APC Presidential Rally, Sokoto And Kebbi (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.