Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January (2055 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Burnley: 0% (0 votes)
Chelsea: 100% (1 vote)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Burnley Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) ON 18th August 2014 / Blackburn Rovers Vs Chelsea [1 - 2] On Saturday 30th October 2010 / FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by mukina2: 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2010
Burnley lost their third successive game under new boss Brian Laws .The three games Burnley played under new boss Brian Laws have shown that The Clarets owe the impressive start to the season solely to Owen Coyle, former manager who is now with bolton.Clarke Carlisle returned into action after recovering from injury and he will keep his place in the side, while Andre Bikey is back from Africa Cup of Nations. However, very important midfielders Graham Alexander and Chris McCann picked up knocks in the Bolton game and the odds are they will miss the Chelsea encounter, with little or no strong options, this players will be sorely missed

Chelsea produced a brilliant performance against until then unbeaten Birmingham,Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou have returned from Angola, which basically means Drogba will be in the starting line-up, with either Ballack or Malouda dropping to the bench. Cashley Cole tongue came through the Birmingham game unscathed and he will keep his place, while Deco will continue as a holding midfielder in the absence of better options.Midfielder Michael Essien is out with a knee injury along with Juliano Belletti but coach Carlo Ancelotti has no fresh injury worries.Chelsea go into the game one point clear of United with a game in hand.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by mykali(m): 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2010
Malouda cannot be dropped on the bench after consecutive spectacular performances
Deco might be dropped with Ballack going deep into midfield.
if Drogba plays, Anelka and Malouda might be asked to flank him.

oh . . .and Malouda's present form is shittin' on Joe Cole's too.

an easy win for Chelsea . . .with full firepower available.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by Borat1: 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2010
Neither Drogba nor kalou will play, or even travel. But that changes nothing. I expect us to hit burnley for four.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by jalether(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2010
What the heck is Carlo thinking, starting JT, the least he can do as a manager is bench him for a couple of games, that will give him enough time to

get his mind right
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by nateevs(m): 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2010
jalether:

What the heck is Carlo thinking, starting JT, the least he can do as a manager is bench him for a couple of games, that will give him enough time to

get his mind right

Would you ask your colleague at work to go home becos he slept his best friend's wife.
Work is work. As long as his concentration is now affected, game on.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by nateevs(m): 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2010
I didn't really get that formation.
We have Ashley, Malouda and Zhirkov on the pitch all at the same time.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by nateevs(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2010
Wetin do Alex?
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by abrahym(m): 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2010
Eagles former united winger,wonder why baba sell the guy
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by nateevs(m): 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2010
Lamps!
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by chic2pimp(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2010
jalether:

get his mind right
Why not? It's not like he was taking drugs or mudered someone.

Carlo did the right thing cuz right now the dude needs something to get his mind off the allegations.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by nateevs(m): 6:51pm On Jan 30, 2010
These guys came to play. Though they haven't tested our goal, they certainly are not push-overs.
WE need a goal from somewhere to calm things for now.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by jalether(m): 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2010
nateevs:

Would you ask your colleague at work to go home becos he slept his best friend's wife.
Work is work. As long as his concentration is now affected, game on.

If this colleague in question was your line/team manager, would he command your respect after such incident undecided

a responsible worker must remain professional at all times especially when you are the captain of your country

and club and on top of that a public figure.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by jalether(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

Why not? It's not like he was taking drugs or mudered someone.

Carlo did the right thing cuz right now the dude needs something to get his mind off the allegations.

The fact still remains dude's action is inexcusable no matter what angle judge it from, after the Tiger woods incident, you expect

athletes to be wiser.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by nateevs(m): 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2010
jalether:

If this colleague in question was your line/team manager, would he command your respect after such incident undecided

a responsible worker must remain professional at all times especially when you are the captain of your country

and club and on top of that a public figure.

Now you are asking a totally different question. I have not said he should not be dropped as captain. Neither have I said what he's done should command respect. But should he come to work? Dam right he should. Every other thing may be true. Dropping him for two games like you said, I can't understand that.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by jalether(m): 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2010
Anelka Goooooooaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll

just when I tot Burnley was gonna score any moment from now
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by nateevs(m): 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2010
Goaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2010
Isn't Drog back?
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by FBS: 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2010
A CLASSIC counter!

PINA COLADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIC IT IS. . . BLAAAAAAAA
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by jalether(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2010
nateevs:

Goaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll

Burnley have actually come out to play, we have constantly been on the back foot before the goal
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by jalether(m): 7:03pm On Jan 30, 2010
FBS:

A CLASSIC counter!

PINA COLADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIC IT IS. . . BLAAAAAAAA

Dude is it shepe, soldier root or ogogoro u shack cheesy grin
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by nateevs(m): 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2010
jalether:

FBS is tipsy on Blue Wine! grin grin
I am having a sip too. . . It's brilliant I tell you. cheesy
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by jalether(m): 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2010
nateevs:

FBS is tipsy on Blue Wine! grin grin
I am having a sip too. . . It's brilliant I tell you. cheesy

I need to join the party asap grin
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by FBS: 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2010
nateevs:

FBS is tipsy on Blue Wine!  grin grin
I am having a sip too. . . It's brilliant I tell you.  cheesy
Thanks Nateevs!  cheesy I was just about telling him to ask you what it was.
I feel like screaming anytime Chelsea get the ball in the back of the net.

YADAYADA!!!!!  grin  grin  grin
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2010
Aswerigad, Anelka is in great form.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by chic2pimp(m): 7:13pm On Jan 30, 2010
jalether:

When has FBS ever been sane? tongue

jalether:

The fact still remains dude's action is inexcusable no matter what angle judge it from, after the Tiger woods incident, you expect

athletes to be wiser.
Wasn't this incident before the TW story? undecided . Even if it was not, I guess damage is already done and there is nothing we can do.
By the way, It sure ain't affecting his performance.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by nateevs(m): 7:14pm On Jan 30, 2010
Ashley Cole - Best damn left back. Period!
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 30, 2010
OMO IBO:

Aswerigad, Anelka is in great form.

Anelka is on fire,
But wey my baby, DROG?
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2010
The African players are being rested.

Nothing to worry about.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by jalether(m): 7:19pm On Jan 30, 2010
nateevs:

Ashley Cole - Best damn left back. Period!

Tell them
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by nateevs(m): 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2010
BlueDiva:

Anelka is on fire,
But wey my baby, DROG?

Carlotti has shipped him off to Ile Agbara. . .
When he comes back, Fadeyi and Abija combined will have nothing on him. . Honestly!  grin
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by FBS: 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

When has FBS ever been sane? tongue
@Chic-2-tap tongue You must be sick.
I talk to you? Speak when spoken to.
Re: Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January by uzezi82(m): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2010
Not a very convincin p4mance frm zirkhov in Dmf,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Epl: Blackpool,wigan Relegated Along With West Ham / Chelsea's Killer Squard, The Mission Begins / Original Uefa.com Users' Team Of The Year 2012 (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.