Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. (1429 Views)

How To Implement Chart In ASP.NET MVC Project Using Amchart / ASP.NET MVC [C#] Php Laravel - Training From Scratch-apply now / Meet Crux, My CRUD ASP.NET MVC 5 Movie Rental Web Application. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by MvcGuy: 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
In this tutorial, our objective is to learn the basic of the future web application development architecture, ASP.NET MVC 5 precisely.
The ASP.NET MVC framework is an upgraded application development pattern to the ASP.NET Web forms for creating web applications.

Who can learn ASP.MVC framework.

Those with little or no programming knowledge.
Those who are still contemplating on what language to learn as a web developer or as a programmer.
WordPress theme installer guru who want to step up their game.
Lastly, Those who does copying and pasting of codes.

What you will learn:

briefly Introduction to C# programming language -- pronounce SEE SHARP
briefly Introduction to console application -- (You will be programming your first console application)
briefly Introduction to Object Oriented Programming (OOP) --- Classes & Inheritance
briefly introduction to MVC Architecture.
Database & Entity Framework
ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Application

Tools to download.
Visual Studio Community 2017 .... Free.
download link.
https://www.visualstudio.com/

NB: I will advise you to get enough gigabit. This IDE is what you need to start your programming carrier.

Without wasting time, signify if you are interested to learn.

3 Likes

Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by Collins4u1(m): 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
Yes Boss.... ready

1 Like

Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by abrahambest(m): 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
How can I download visual studio community 2015?
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by DonALdep(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ready to go
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by DonALdep(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
abrahambest:
How can I download visual studio community 2015?
Seconded
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by bet9ja(m): 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by Girltee1(f): 12:59am On Jul 05, 2017
Upheld shockedshocked
God bless
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by abrahambest(m): 6:23am On Jul 05, 2017
What's the download size please??
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by Collins4u1(m): 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
So why you come create this thread here like this leave am since??
No allow me pray for you with full crate of eggs.
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by MvcGuy: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
Collins4u1:
So why you come create this thread here like this leave am since??

No allow me pray for you with full crate of eggs.

Sorry guys, I was waiting for more people to show interest but for your sake, let us start and i believe others will join us later.....

For those who are ready, i will try as much as i can to carry everyone along, if you are a Pro in Asp.Net MVC Framework, your contributions are highly welcome. I have attached a picture of how our first MVC project will look like, but before we get fully into MVC Framework, we must start with the introduction of C#.

I hope everyone is ready....

Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by Collins4u1(m): 2:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yes sire.... Leggo
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by MvcGuy: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
WHY LEARNING C#?
C# might be a good place for you to start learning programming languages. The fact that it's easy for people who know C, C++, and Java to learn C sharp also works the other way around—it's easy for people who know C# to learn these languages as well. Learning C# for a novice is the same as a toddler trying to learn English language, ofcus he or she will first start from writing and reading ABC follow by joining two letters together to form a word and joining more words together to make a sentence, joining more sentences to make a paragraph and finally joining more paragraphs to make an article.

Of course i will not be able to explain everything here but if you are truly passionate with programming, all you need is out there for free on google. Although, one of the problems with free resources is that they often aren’t of as high quality as paid ones. The best way to learn C# depends on your preferred learning mode (Books or Videos). Your investment is simply the cost and time of a course or book. The return on this investment is the knowledge of a highly useful, highly marketable programming language. This could play a crucial role in anything from getting you a job to helping you to develop a marketable application to simply adding another skill to your resume.

What is the deference between C# and .NET
C# is a programming language and .NET is the framework. It's like JavaScript with Angular. JavaScript is a language and Angular is a framework.

Programming questions and answers are endless, as a programming enthusiast, one of your trait will involve developing questions by yourself and searching for the answers. If i may guess what you may be thinking, it would definitely be, HOW MUCH DOES A C# DEVELOPER EARN?.

In Nigeria, it is widely known fact that employees are under paid, salary scale for a senior c# developer ranging from N25,000 to N150,000. However, in other world their salaries scale is from N150,000 to N5 000 000 in conversion to Naira.

Now open your Visual Studio and follow this steps...

Click on : File -> New -> Project -> Visual C# -> Console Application (Name: MyFirstProject ) and click OK

1 Like

Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by aduwak: 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
please email me directly on aduwaks@yahoo.co.uk
have a job for you. Thanks
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by bet9ja(m): 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by MvcGuy: 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
Check your mail.
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by MvcGuy: 11:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
Understanding Data-types

Here we are, I don't wan't to go deep into the header files explanation, in a nutshell, all the using system and using using, that look like a phrase are just statement that contains hiding codes that will help us in our programming journey, you do not need to cram them, you will get used to them in your subsequent practices.

That said, what you are looking at is a programming window for building console application, with this window, you can build anything. business application, security application, network application and many more... The small black window after we run our program is our console window, this will show us the outcome of our codes. Please note that there are three types of errors in programming and one of them can be denoted by our compiler(Visual Studio) while the remaining two will be corrected by debugging.

SYNTAX ERROR
This error is inevitable, you will always make this error. Imaging you wright a letter without ending it with full-stop, or you did not put the apostrophes in the necessary places. Good new is, the compiler will check for the error and tell you which line of code is having problem and you can easily fix it.

RUN TIME ERROR
You will encounter this error during run time. Meaning your program will run and suddenly crash during testing or production if not tested properly.

LOGICAL ERROR
This occurs when the program gives the wrong result (There is no way the console application we know that you want your program to add 10 + 2 and not to multiply it, When you make this error you will need to deploy a method called DEBUGGING ). Please not that a Logical-error is not a run-time error because your program did not crash.

Note: In programming ERROR means BUGS. Always learn how to kill them or else they will kill your programming carrier.

Now let us learn how to command the computer to say something, Of course how will you do that if you don't know how to command your computer? Before anything, I will briefly explain DATA TYPE and i enjoin you to read more on it through google. Here are the datatype we will be working with .

int : (Meaning integer: We use this to store a whole number like int Age = 19; in the computer memory)
float sadWe use this when we want to store number with decimal like float length = 5.8; )
double sadThis is use when we want to store high decimal numbers like double BigNumber = 2455656.599874; If you use float for this it will lead to logical error)
char : (Meaning character: We use this when we want to store a single letter like A )
string : (We use this to store sentence or words )
bool sadMeaning Boolean and it is use to store 2 values which are TRUE or FALSE, these are stored as 1 and 0 in the memory space)

Var (Meaning Variable which are the name of a memory location)

The good news about C# is that you can declare variable with VAR and the compiler will automatically assign a data type for it guessing from the assigned valued. DON'T TRY THIS IN C++

var Name = "Olumide"; (With this declaration, the computer already know that i am storing my values as a STRING)
var Age = 19; (The compiler already know that i am storing my Age as an integer)
var roomLength = 19.8f (The compiler already know that i am storing my Age as a float)
var WillGo = true; (The compiler already know that i am storing WillGo as a boolean)
var Gender = 'M'; (The compiler already know that i am storing my Gender as a char)
var Gender = "M"; (The compiler already know that i am storing my Gender as a string and not char because of " " and not ' ')

THE BELLOW CODES WILL PRINT OUT THE SAME
string Name = "Olumide";
string Sentence = "Do you understand";
int Age = 19;
float roomLength = 19.8f;
bool WillGo = true;
char Gender = 'M';
string Gender = "M";

Compiler can assume whenever you declare a variable using VAR but you need to be sure if you want her to guess.
The question you might want to ask is, can you use double instead of float? the answer is YES, but why do you want to kill one mosquito with a MOBIL.

Should i continue....
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by Sirbohr007(m): 12:29am On Jul 19, 2017
Yes mate, continue.
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by abrahambest(m): 3:24am On Jul 19, 2017
Continue, following with keen interest
Re: Learn ASP.NET MVC 5 Live And Direct On Nairaland. by Collins4u1(m): 11:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
Yeah go on.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Lines Of Code Run Nairaland? / I Want To Learn Programming And Coding! Were And How Do I Start? / 19 Tips For Programmers/software Engineers In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.