Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,419 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? (3127 Views)

Whatsapp Has The Most Annoying Notification System / Guys Help With This Annoying Notification App On My Fone / Mtn Annoying Notification Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Chartey(m): 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
I don't know how I got it.
It's always bringing notifications of games to download or news.
I uninstall it and it comes back in 30 minutes.
Is it a virus?
Is another app that's bringing it?
How do I get rid of it?

Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Edopesin: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
All Those Silly Boost Apps Might Be Behind It
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by ednaline: 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
my brother, i thought i was alone on this ooo. I have uninstalled it like 20 times. it keeps coming back. sending news alert daily. plase I am interested in a solution on this please

1 Like

Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Chartey(m): 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44 please epp us find solution abeg. I don Google tire.
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by tafat: 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
It looks like virus
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Chartey(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
tafat:
It looks like virus
What can I do about it please?
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by khalhokage(m): 5:45am On Jul 03, 2017
Disable it instead uninstalling.
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Lojekunle: 8:08am On Jul 03, 2017
You get most of this apps when you use VPN and they pop up ads and before you know it they creating a comfortable space for themselves on your phone most especially tweakware and other VPN.. Just wipe the phone else they'll keep coming back..
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by dukeo(m): 8:18am On Jul 03, 2017
Chartey:
Is it a virus?
How do I get rid of it?

Download Malwarebytes apk and scan your phone thoroughly to confirm its a virus
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by joseph214(m): 9:20am On Jul 03, 2017
Lol, I still have it. I tried uninstalling it, it still came back. So all I did was to disable the app and also disallow unknown sources, cause if unknown sources is enabled, it will still run.

I tried looking for the app that brought the malware but I didn't see it. If anyone knows the app tell me.
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by tidedroid: 9:21am On Jul 03, 2017
me too,I don't get where it came from
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2017
Used to have the same problem on my device.

What I did. Disabled unknown source, uninstalled the app, restricted background data of every app.
Uninstalled all apps not from playstore.
It still came back.

What may have worked.
Installed addons detector from play store.
Tracked the app details with zipper and found the app vendor to be com.rlk.frameworkservice.
Phone not rooted so I was sure it was being installed by another app.
Did further tracing to locate its source found it in the root of my internal storage.
Uninstalled and deleted it, it came back, I then renamed it to .notification.apk and uninstalled it without deleting it.
No problem over 3 weeks till now.

Suspected carrier.
Jumia.apk app not downloaded from playstore.

Inconveniences it cause.
Had to delay selling the device because of it, didn't want to sell someone a phone with possible virus infection(phone sold after two weeks of observation buyer is a close friend so the phone is still being monitored}

Data usage:
Less than 200kb per notification.

Virus detection:
No antivirus flags it as virus yet. It maybe usuing an advance virus/malware/fraudware still unknown to scanners, or it's just an harmless ads app harmful to your device and data.

I hope this works for anyone, "notification" app is the worst experience I have had during my years of using mobile phones, having no control of what comes into a phone can be very painful.

2 Likes

Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by olatpic(m): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
I am having the same issue for over a month now. I will be happy to finally find a solution to removing this notification app for good.
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Jedixraja(m): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
i am having the same problem oo
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by rammyblog: 8:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
I tink it came with the new opera mini......
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Jedixraja(m): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
for real?
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Jedixraja(m): 9:29am On Aug 04, 2017
it should be an infinix problem
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by madgoat(m): 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
Please i am also experiencing the same thing. Noticed that 'notification app' appear on my fone about a month ago
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by madgoat(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Chartey:
Is it a virus?
How do I get rid of it?

Hello have you been able to solve the issue and how did u go about it? I am currently finding it so annoying
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Simeony007(m): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
Steps to remove the stupid app installing them

1. Swipe down the notification curtain
2. Press and hold the application until you see something like info icon or symbol then click it
3. Click uninstall
If there is no uninstall available then just power down your phone and boot to save mode by holding down the power button together with the down volume key when booting to enter same mode.

Click on administration at the settings then deactivate the app since you now know the name of the app just go straight to uninstall and you're good.
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by loteliz(f): 8:09am On Nov 28, 2017
I had the same problem and this is what I did. I rooted my phone using kingoroot through my PC. (simply install kingoroot on your PC. Connect your phone to your PC with your USB. Enable USB debugging and connect your PC to the Internet. You'll see options for either root or remove root). After rooting, I installed system app safe remover. I uninstalled the notification app and deleted com. Frameworkservice app from my phone. I connected my phone back to my PC and removed root. Rooting or removing root installed jumia app to my phone. I disabled notifications for jumia app and uninstalled it. Hope this helps.
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 02, 2017
So other people have experienced it too
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by Naijasturf(m): 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2018
I you have inbuilt junk removal, you can easily get rid off it.
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by sayhi2certified(m): 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2018
just download stubborn Trojan remover to get rid of it.. is a virus app.. only stubborn Trojan can remove it and it won't resurface again
Re: Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? by sayhi2certified(m): 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2018
Chartey:
Is it a virus?
How do I get rid of it?

download Stubborn Trojan remover to get rid of it

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Buy Techno And Infinix Phone / Finally Got The Infinix Zero X / Unlock Your 3g Huawei Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.