Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Shoping Online Vs Traditional Shoping: Which Is Preferable - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoping Online Vs Traditional Shoping: Which Is Preferable (436 Views)

Please Which Online Loan Portal Is Preferable? / Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? / Which Is Preferable.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shoping Online Vs Traditional Shoping: Which Is Preferable by RexEmmyGee: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2017
We live in a fast-paced world where everything is available at one’s fingertips and many of us want to be part of the movement while some others believe the old ways are better. Who between these opposing sides is wrong? Let’s compare.

We understand that shopping is no small task; a lot has to be taken into consideration such as quality and size. We know that online, this information is usually provided but if we are frank with ourselves, how many times is the information provided accurate? This brings me to my second point: one could easily fall prey to online scammers.

Another point where traditional shopping prevails over online shopping is that you get the product immediately. You literally see it being bagged and handed to you. Whereas online you have to wait for a while before it is delivered and sometimes, you incur shipping cost!

Also, there is just some stuff that you know you can only get in the market rather than online e.g. local cooking condiments. Even if they are available online, can you trust them to be unadulterated?

Okay, it seems I have painted online shopping as the bad guy but there is some good in there too. Just imagine that from the comfort of your home, you can shop anywhere in the world; no need to get out of your sweatpants, waste money on fuel or even your time.

An added advantage is that as you drop stuff in your shopping cart, you see the amount you have spent so it serves as a check against overspending (stuff online could even be cheaper). More so, there’s more variety than traditional shopping and you can even compare prices while at it, rather than going to the mall/market.

Thus, there really isn’t one that wins over the other. Depending on what you want to buy, you could make both your shopping strategy.
Re: Shoping Online Vs Traditional Shoping: Which Is Preferable by preshdiva(f): 10:52am On Jul 03, 2017
Ah. Traditional shopping any day anytime. You get to negotiate prices and make necessary economic decisions in the market, you can't do this online na + prices are inflated in online shops than traditional shops. Moreover, everything is just packaging; + how do i buy 'ogiri' or 'okpei' or even 'achi' 'ede' for my oha soup on jumia or kongaI'd take my physical cart and do my traditional shopping any day anytime.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Some Advices To Guide Me Through / E-commerce Site For Sale / Let's Help Handle Your Dream Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.