Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. (2684 Views)

Nuremberg: One Question Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Must Answer – Orji Uzor Kalu / Rev Fr. Mbaka And Pdp Self Destruct Button. / Charly Boy Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu And Other Defendants At FHC, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProjectNaija(m): 10:52am On Jul 03, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB finally presses the self-destruct button.

Initially I personally took the IPOB call for secession as a joke or at best a scam by some disgruntled South eastern politicians to blackmail to federal government to the negotiating table with the aim of securing some juicy positions for themselves. Whilst I will agree that our union in this country is not based on Justice, equity and fair play, with the leaders of a particular region always trying to manipulate resources and policies to their favor to the detriment of others whilst contributing little or nothing to the centre and not even taking care of the needs of their own people. However fortunately or unfortunately, the calls for secession got louder and louder and it became a popular rallying call amongst the igbos of the south east. Initially I thought it was just the unexposed igbos resident in villages in the south east who were being misled through the emotional rants of Nnamdi Kanu cause it was obvious to me that the calls for secession were clearly political and not because of any perceived marginalization but soon it became apparent that the calls for secession was more popular than I thought going by the daily E-wars that happen on social media on a daily basis.
Kanu’s misadventure started with his radio Biafra in the U.K after breaking away from MASSOB to start his own ‘sponsored’ Biafra agitation. Through the force of his strong character and his constant emotional rants that lacked substance, he was able to gain popularity amongst the igbo people resident in igbo land and in the dispora but most igbos living in other parts of Nigeria continued to ignore his noise and viewed him at best as a nuisance. As time went on he became more popular and more confident, he eventually returned to Nigeria to continue his agitation even though he knew he was a wanted man. The Buhari administration in their characteristic brutish manner wasted no time in arresting him and detaining him indefinitely contrary to court orders that he be released on bail. Whilst in detention Kanu expressed a lot of defiance against the federal government and proved himself to be very committed to the cause and with that his popularity ratings went through the roof. As events would turn out, buhari had to proceed on an indefinite vacation and in the interim he yielded power to his Vice who is a Professor of Law and unlike his boss respects court orders. So when the issue of bail came up again and he was granted a conditional bail, the government this time around respected the decision of the court and released him conditionally.
It was after the release of Kanu that his true colour started showing and him being unable to tame his ego with his new status as an igbo ‘messiah’. With this new status and the popularity he enjoyed, he started parading himself as a demigod, a power broker and even a miracle worker. His successful stay at home order to the igbos of the southeast further confirmed his popularity thus fueling his already over inflated ego and this was when he felt that he could take on the igbo establishment(political class) who were his initial sponsors by asking the Anambra people to boycott the upcoming governorship election.
Two areas which most corporate organizations like avoiding due to the divisive controversies that trail them are religion and politics. Nnamdi Kanu has successfully ignited a fire that will end up consuming him by crossing these two ‘sacred’ lines. Kanu’s parading himself as some sort of messiah with the heresy of some of his followers comparing him to Jesus is sure to backfire in the predominantly Christian Igbo land and as if that was not bad enough his attempt to get the people to boycott the upcoming Anambra governorship election will certainly hit a brick wall if he doesn’t retract. By daring to ask for a boycott of the elections, he has taken the war to his own people and sponsors. All along the igbo politicians turned a blind eye to his rants and even silently goaded him on but today Kanu sees himself as a demigod who is answerable to no one and has decided to take on the all-powerful political establishment by calling for boycott of their elections. The way the politicians will react to this is already very clear with the predominantly igbo APGA party coming out openly to condemn him. The way this will play out will be very interesting as the political class who have more resources and structures on ground will do everything to ensure that their elections are not interrupted and Kanu girded on by his messiah complex and his over inflated ego will be unlikely to retract on his foolish call for boycott of the elections. The die is already cast but it is my bet that IPOB days are numbered.

Kunle Oshobi is a New Nigerian Nationalist
https://www.facebook.com/New-Nigeria-Nationalists-269693356773027/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by frank202012: 11:10am On Jul 03, 2017
the person that composed this mumbo-jumbo is a goat.........

u guys never believed in what ipob is doing long before now....

so why break ur head on ipob issue now?

u should be concerned about ur ghost president and not ipob....

leave the brainwased alone......

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by simplyhonest(m): 11:25am On Jul 03, 2017
too long to make sense.

*modified

I guess the op wants a surgical evisceration of the total bullshit and assumptions he has made, so I am going to oblige you.

1. how you take the rightful agitations of a particular section of this country is insignificant and your opinion does not count... am sure IPOB will agree with the above statement.

2. you admitted that there is no fairness or justice in the present makeup called Nigeria, yet you in your blissful ignorance felt a particular group asking the relevant questions were just a mere tool aimed getting favors from the government. I will humbly submit that that is plain stupidity at worst or gross ignorance at your very best... either way, you shot yourself a fatal blow.

3. the op went ahead to make wild and baseless assumptions by thinking one of the most literate ethnic group in this country are uneducated. that is just ethnocentrism at its peak.

4. op is not fair or honest for stating that whatever nnamdi kanu is fighting for is baseless... because if marginalisation is not enough grounds... pls what else will suffice your myopic intellect.

5. lastly, a call for election boycott is a valid, peaceful and legal means of protest... better than the versions practiced by our Niger delta brothers (militancy) or our hausa/fulani neighbors (Boko Haram) ...

still, keep wallowing in your cocoon.

19 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by AfonjaSlayer(f): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2017
Afonja thinking about biafra more than we biafrans self, the much talked about media war have already started.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProjectNaija(m): 11:53am On Jul 03, 2017
simplyhonest:
too long to make sense

Intellectual midget sighted tongue

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by dlondonbadboy: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kunle...

Atleast this one was bold enough to call his real names..others would have claimed they're chinedu or chukwuka...bunch of shameless cowards.

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProjectNaija(m): 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
Kunle...

Atleast this one was bold enough to call his real names..others would have claimed they're chinedu or chukwuka...bunch of shameless cowards.

Why should anyone be afraid of stating his real name? After all most biafra agitators are just a bunch of misguided hypocrites. Ever wondered why the millions of igbos living in the southwest never join their delusional igbo brothers in the misguided call for biafra.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProjectNaija(m): 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
IPOB is surely on a self destruct mode, it's their fellow igbo politicians that will finish them off. Bunch of delusional weed smokers gringringrin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by EzeUche(m): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
Only in your pathetic little minds.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by Amarabae(f): 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
though I have a problem with ipob map. ,but leave nnamdi kanu alone. Igbo leaders should go and sit down pls. there is no going back to our heart desire. pharaoh must bow!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by BlackMbakara1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
Come November, Anambra will have a new Governor and if they want to Bleep themselves, not my biz.

Everybody is not expected to vote...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ESDKING: 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
Come November, Anambra will have a new Governor and if they want to Bleep themselves, not my biz.

Everybody is not expected to vote...

You can't determine what will happen in Anambra from Oshogbo. Anambrarains have decided. So, fix your opinion to your @nus.

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProWalker: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
Amarabae:
though I have a problem with ipob map.
,but leave nnamdi kanu alone.
Igbo leaders should go and sit down pls.
there is no going back to our heart desire.
pharaoh must bow!

Just listen to yourself undecided
So it's an irresponsible miscreant like Kanu that should be the voice of Igbos? I still don't know what happened to so many of you so called educated Ibos.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by BlackMbakara1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
ESDKING:

You can't determine what will happen in Anambra from Oshogbo. Anambrarains have decided. So, fix your opinion to your @nus.

Ur left balls there if u can stop Anambra 4rm getting a new governor. Unam Ikot...
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
ProWalker:

So it's an irresponsible miscreant like Kanu that should be the voice of Igbos? I still don't know what happened to so many of you so called educated Ibos.

you call Kanu miscreant.. who be your papa?

how educated is your tribe.yet they still slaves for Africa..

Afonjas always always think dia opinion matters.

go answer your matters who issue you warning on presidency.

write jargons and post.. write more on baddoo.. your king wey dey prison 4 6months and counting.. while hausa has resume at sabo ife.making money.

no be to open your aaahhhhaaa mouth with filty irty hands to type bwetin no be your biz.. with an illiterate brain.

Afonjaz are haterz.. timid coward and prideful slaves.
no shame. at all.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProjectNaija(m): 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
How exactly are the igbos being marginalised as opposed to other sections of the country? What exactly in concrete hands is the issue that is giving them problems?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProWalker: 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
bonnylight003:

y[s]ou call Kanu miscreant.. who be your papa?

how educated is your tribe.yet they still slaves for Africa..

Afonjas always always think dia opinion matters.

go answer your matters who issue you warning on presidency.

write jargons and post.. write more on baddoo.. your king wey dey prison 4 6months and counting.. while hausa has resume at sabo ife.making money.

no be to open your aaahhhhaaa mouth with filty irty hands to type bwetin no be your biz.. with an illiterate brain.

Afonjaz are haterz.. timid coward and prideful slaves.
no shame. at all[/s].

Mynd444
OAM4J
Please deal with this uncouth thing.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by pazienza(m): 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Yorubas carrying Biafra matter for head like Gala, all over the social media, It's same thing.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
Truly, Nmamdi Kanu has agitated Nigerian establishment in a unique way. Nobody can be indifferent to the movement. People have lined up either for or against. I laugh when I recall some people who opined that the movement is an unserious one with a very short life span. Today they are watching in utter bewilderment. Even as I watch Kanu I see his confidence and disposition changing in a very positive way.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by PreyingMantis(m): 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
ProWalker:
There are no Ibos... So I don't even understand what you're talking about.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProWalker: 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
PreyingMantis:
There are no Ibos... So I don't even understand what you're talking about.

Eboes then..
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
ProWalker:

Mynd444
OAM4J
Please deal with this uncouth thing.

why should you threaten me with mods. just say the rule I've violated.

you insult a tribe questioning their literacy level. and you won't take same shiit you give.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProWalker: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
bonnylight003:

[s]why should you threaten me with mods. just say the rule I've violated.

you insult a tribe questioning their literacy level. and you won't take same shiit you give.
[/s]

Fucckk off, you and your tribe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by PreyingMantis(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
ProWalker:
Eboes then..
Why don't you face home? Yorubaboons have myriad of problems bedevilling their region but they seem to be more interested in Eboes matter. Una dey fall hand... Like seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
ProWalker:

Fucckk off, you and your tribe.

pained tongue

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
ProWalker:

Kanu is very well educated and responsible. He is fighting a just cause. Majority of Igbo are fed up with the Igbo Abuja crew who take up government appointment for their own personal aggrandizement. The massive support of Kanu is a testament to the feeling of disenchantment with the Igbo Abuja crew. These are people that will identify with the masses only when they fall out of favor with Abuja. That is the crew that share the loots of criminal leadership with their overlords among the Hausa and Yoruba. It is because of the activities of this crew that uninformed Nigerians will come to tell you that we should let things be because every Nigerian is marginalized.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProWalker: 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
PreyingMantis:
[s]Why don't you face home? Yorubaboons have myriad of problems bedevilling their region but they seem to be more interested in Eboes matter. Una dey fall hand... Like seriously[/s].

You should actually work extra hard on your education, you are failing on that count.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Finally Presses The Self-destruct Button. by ProWalker: 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
jomonic:

Kanu is very well educated and responsible. He is fighting a just cause. Majority of Igbo are fed up with the Igbo Abuja crew who take up government appointment for their own personal aggrandizement. The massive support of Kanu is a testament to the feeling of disenchantment with the Igbo Abuja crew. These are people that will identify with the masses only when they fall out of favor with Abuja. That is the crew that share the loots of criminal leadership with their overlords among the Hausa and Yoruba. It is because of the activities of this crew that uninformed Nigerians will come to tell you that we should let things be because every Nigerian is marginalized.

Stop writing nonsense!!! Which education? Give us a background brief on him and his educational qualifications, how many people has he managed before Uwazurike co-opted him into RBL The fact that you accept mediocrity does not mean we all do. grin smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov.makinde Flag-offs New Flyover In Rivers State / - / Isokomarine Or Whatever You Call Yourself Reclaim Your Zone From Ijaw First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.