Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Does It Matter What We Wear? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Does It Matter What We Wear? (36136 Views)

Why Do We Wear CLOTHES??? / Why Do You Think We Wear Singlets / Hazards Of The Clothes We Wear- Kemi Otubambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Matter What We Wear? by Sammyramires(m): 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5590915_cymera20170703154136_jpegcb90ca848f685069a5e5a436b7997e3e

Fashion is defined by one of the world leading dictionary Merriam-Webster as "a popular way of dressing during a particular time or among a particular group of people.

More so, one of the leading search engines Wikipedia, defined Fashion as a popular style or practice, especially in clothing, footwear, accessories, makeup, body, or furniture.
It goes further by calling it a distinctive and often constant trend in the style in which a person dresses. Although aspects of fashion can be feminine or masculine, some trends are androgynous.

Tracing the origin of fashion in Nigeria one would need to backtrack to the era of Stone Age when people practically wears nothing and those that do, only end up wearing tree leafs or animal fur.

However, with the intrusion of the Europeans and the Americans into Nigeria, the Nigerian community began to adopt Western Culture which later led to the total change, witnessed in the area of fashion.

Meanwhile, most Nigerians have turned from the old modest way of dressing and adopted the newest style.

The modern day Nigerian fashion allows Male folks to wear fashion accessories that belong to the Female folks, such as, ear rings, women shoes, bangle, hair attachments, braziers e.t.c

Claiming equality, the female folks have resorted to slugging it out with men when selecting fashion materials, e.g, men's trousers, Men's Shirt, Men's Shoes, men's hairstyle e.t.c

Quoting from the CONSTITUTION OF THE
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Chapter IV
Fundamental Rights

Right to Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion (S.38): "Every person is entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion including to change his belief or religion. You can exercise this freedom either alone or in community with others in private or in public".

Carefully looking at the section of the constitution quoted above, fashion could be placed under belief, religion or thought. For example, how Muslim women dresses differs from the way Catholic women does, and this falls under religion and belief. Anything contrary to this would be deemed sacrilegious.

Importantly, the rate at which some Nigerian dresses in this era could be said to be "thought provoking", to the extent that some are being publicly addressed as Cross-Dresser, while others also put on clothes that could be taken for a rag in the name of fashion.

More so, ladies no longer wear clothes that covers, rather they wear provocative clothes that exposes cleavages and other sensitive area of human body.

Fundamentally, despite the backlash and condemnation, many of these guilty minds continues to wax stronger in their fashion freedom. But the question is:

Does it matter what we wear?

Written By Sammyramires✍�

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by veekid(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
It doesn't matter once you're comfortable with it; Buh the zoo Buhari governs which u found yourself may not find it comfortable with you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
Yes it does

Second to comment. i'm getting there

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
Us eless people above me

3 Likes

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
It sure does

4 Likes

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by israel2563(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
What is my consignment...

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Vonwolf(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
Yes, dress the way you want to be addressed.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Mutuwa(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by nsiazu: 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Wow Wow Wow
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Ask087(m): 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by NLProblemChild(m): 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Yes!. It matters...

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by urvillagepeoplee(m): 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
no yes
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Flexherbal(m): 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Different outfits for different occasions!
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by candidbabe(f): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
To the moderator that banned me for 7days.
I say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

5 Likes

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Oyindidi(f): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
Yes
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Husty(m): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dress the way you want to be addressed...As a guy, you can risk dressing like Bobrisky and you know the rest.
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
No, it doesn't

Lemme explain myself :

אוייגיחדגה ורנןגתלנגכ םלמ געדהמכת וטדהדל םםמדשת
ףיקרקהקר טםו עםן, ףישאקהקר טםו גם... Mםמקט כשתת םמ טםו
Bשמשמש כשתת םמ טםו cשודק ן'צ ןמ תםהק ףןאי טםו קי

With these few points of mine, I hope I've been able to convince you that it doesn't matter how we dress or what we wear.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by ubest1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
for confirm olosho's it does not

2 Likes

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Apina(m): 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
All factors considered, yes it does
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by klassykute(m): 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
It matters jare sm girls will not lie sleeping Dic*ks lie jare. They walk pass nd its a standing ovation. Cm dey mk man lose control, dey mk trousers swell. Dey mk husby leave wiffy .. i cannot cm nd go nd kill my self jare

2 Likes

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
no it doesn't,but imagine you come back from school with your friends/classmate only to find your mother wearing one of those cleavage baring dress with 85% of her boobs on display..i'm sure it wont matter undecided

veekid:
It doesn't matter once you're comfortable with it; Buh the zoo Buhari governs which u found yourself may not find it comfortable with you

people like you will still blame Buhari for the small dick you got.

5 Likes

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
yes ooo , wear this in Ikorodu and know how far grin

22 Likes

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by ujpikin(f): 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
No ooo ....make I buy tramadol first

11 Likes

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
What I wear matters to me, and what others wear doesn't matter to me 'cause it's their choice to put on whatever they desire.
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Allylic(f): 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
Is dis news..
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by veekid(m): 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Us eless people above me

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by chauvinist(m): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dress as you would love to be addressed.... Simple.

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by Uceegal: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
Yes
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by bayocanny: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
veekid:
Must u drag politics into this.
Nigerians with their inconsistencies
Re: Does It Matter What We Wear? by dangotesmummy: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
veekid:
this gowns tho? Are these women for real?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Model In Nigeria Contestants Party With Sugarboy‎ / Photos: The Power Of Makeup / Why Are Second-hand Clothes Called Okrika In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.