Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Vacancy: Database Administrator - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy: Database Administrator (633 Views)

How To Apply For Rivers State Database Administrator Training / Urgently Needed {systems/database Administrator} / Systems/database Administrator At Hobark International Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy: Database Administrator by crecruit: 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
DESCRIPTION

Job Level: Entry to Mid-Level
Job Type:Full-Time
Minimum Qualification:Degree
Preferred Years of Experience:1 - 3
Application Deadline:14/07/2017
Type: Part-time or Full-time (to be determined based on suitability of candidate)
Work Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm

As the Database Administrator, you are responsible for the day to day operation of database management systems and for long-range planning regarding system design and operation.

RESPONSIBILITIES

* Design, develop, install and configure Database Management Systems (DBMS) that hold silos of large data
* Manage the database to ensure it provides efficient, effective access to information (data) stored in the databases
* Develop and implement database administration policies, technical standards and data models
* Consult managers in the organisation to determine and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, and data access rules
* Assure the integrity of the data and ensure that the organisation's databases is secure and at optimal performance by efficient planning, and routine troubleshooting of the database.
* Develop and administer policies and procedures for accessing and using networks, backing up data and recovering lost data.
* Ability to visualise the end product of designed databases to ensure usability and viability to end users.
* Maintain, validate and categorise the database and ensure its availability to end users
* Monitor database performance and must know how databases relate to each other.
* Control privileges & permissions to database users
* Maintain data standards and database security
* Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
* Plan for future expansion requirements (database must be built for flexibility, scale-up) and must plan for future business needs.
* Other related duties as assigned

REQUIRED SKILLS

* Logical and physical data modelling and database design
* Database creation, maintenance, and management
* Metadata management and usage
* Database performance monitoring, tuning, and management
* SQL code reviews
* Database security and integrity
* Database server networking, access, and work management
* Database availability, backup, and recovery

OTHER REQUIREMENTS

General understanding of operating system, e.g. Windows and Linux
Knowledge of database storage technologies
General understanding of data analysis and predictive analytics
Good written and oral communication skills

REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION

Kindly provide answers to the following questions also:

1. Have you ever built a database from start to finish? If yes
a. When
b. How many?
c. Brief description of what it does
d. Did you build it alone or in a team
e. If it was a team project, what were you responsible for?

2. When you are done with building the database,
a. Are you able to provide a user friendly front end for non DBA users?
b. How would you make stored data available to the data users?
c. How would they query the database to view information?

HOW TO APPLY

Candidates who match the stated requirements need only apply.
Interested individuals should send their CVs and cover letter answering the questions above, to consultingrecruitments@gmail.com before 14/07/2017
Re: Vacancy: Database Administrator by prom84: 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
I have not built a database from beginning but I have been involved in a database migration project. I also have a training in oracle 11g database administration.
I will appreciate an opportunity to work with you.
Thanks!
Re: Vacancy: Database Administrator by crecruit: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
prom84:
I have not built a database from beginning but I have been involved in a database migration project. I also have a training in oracle 11g database administration.
I will appreciate an opportunity to work with you.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, your skills are not those required at this time.

(1) (Reply)

If This Is Another GNLD Please Clerify. / Dangote Ongoing Recruitment / Very Important Information As N-power Assessment Begins August 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.