Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) (20582 Views)

Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart / Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? / Simple Ways To Gain Healthy Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Opinionated: 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
By Kazeem Abolore

The word ‘worry’ as defined by Oxford Dictionary means ‘to allow one’s mind to dwell on troubles; is a thing that causes anxiety; a disturbed state of mind’.

Some years ago, I used to get worried over little things, things that are ordinarily ‘worryless’. I realized later that the more I dwell on these needless matters, the higher my blood pressure becomes, the uglier I become and the more worried I become. Then I decided not to be worried over them anymore. But how could I live a worry-free life? I chose to do or/and not to do these 3 things I am sharing with you. Here they are:

Say “I am sorry” When You Are Wrong

One act that has become a part of me is to apologize. As a matter of fact, I did that to a junior friend about an hour ago. I say it to my colleagues, at work, to my friends to my neighbors and even to my students. The moment I find I am wrong, I say sorry without taking long or thinking twice. The other day, I had a poor encounter with a young lady and after realizing it, i went to her house and told her I was sorry for my misdeed and it was all over. She even appreciated it because she was surprised. If I had not done that, I would still be carrying that luggage around and invariably giving myself a heavy heart. So, say sorry whenever you are wrong. It takes nothing away from you.

“If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically”- Dale Carnegie

Never Expect “Thank You” or Anything from Anyone

It’s time to confess this. I was a long time landlord in the Expectancy Estate, always looking forward to hear a beneficiary say, ‘thank you’ to me. I lived in that estate so much that I built a mansion there. But thank goodness for self-development that made me realize this: The more you expect things from anyone and you don’t get it, the more worried and disturbed you become. Thus, lower your expectations from people or if possible, expect nothing from them. That was my saving grace. Today, instead of expecting a ‘thank you’ from anyone, I am the first to say it first. And when he thanks me first, I reply with this phrase, “Thank you for thanking me”. In essence, never expect thanks from anyone because if you expect it and don’t get it, it infuriates you.

“Blessed are those who do not expect anything for they will not be disappointed” – Anonymous

Inform One Who Offends You

If you want your life to be full of worry, always keep grudges in your mind. Somebody, to paraphrase said that: the world would be a better place if we talk to each other instead of talking about each other. This is very true, walk-up to anyone that offended you, nicely, calmly and responsibly tell him how he wronged you. Except you did it wrongly (or that the person is a serial wrongdoer) he would appreciate it. It he’s an elderly person or a boss, what can you do? I don’t know but for me, I do tell a mate and that gets if off my head and mind and I become free!

“Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness. Laugh when you can, apologize when you should and let go of what you cannot change” – Anonymous.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/3-simple-ways-live-life-without-worry-hakuna-matata/

cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44

29 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Opinionated: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kazeem Abolore S (KAS) is an innovative teacher, wreative Writer, personal effectiveness strategist and Creator/Initiator 30 Days Writing Challenge.

You can read some more of his writing here http://www.opinions.ng/?s=Kazeem+Abolore

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Papiikush: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
One simple way to live a life without worry in Nigeria.

HAVE MONEY!

Fück what everyone else thinks.

24 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Divay22(f): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I'm just happy

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Ayodejioak(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
cool
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by kingsilly(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by bosswina(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
true talk
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
U can't live without worries bt try to control ur worries

7 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Exclusivebae(f): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
I agree with you....that's my lifestyle. No time for wahala ooo
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by whitebeard(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
wink trust me there are many challenges in life that what u have listed can't help cry

5 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
Never live above your means.

11 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by jay2pee(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
This is lovely... But the basic one that commands respect to you is money

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Wizdude(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hakuna matata...issa problem-free philosophy
Thank you Pumba

3 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by akoredebadru(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
good One

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Sleyanya1(m): 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
The best way to stay happy....

Have enough Money...

Remain grateful & connected to God..

Don't give much fcvk about anything else.

8 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by sexaddict08(m): 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
im good to go then...

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Teespice(f): 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
also, don't read unnecessary meaning into people's words or actions. that way, you won't have to worry so much.

8 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by 10eola(m): 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
Within 10 mins..this one don hit FP shocked

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by vickvan(m): 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
Only you can make you happy. Nice one op.

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
Be Open Minded
Make your self happy always
Don't take things too serious.

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Maj196(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
Just mind ur business and fvck d world.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by HIPROFILE(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
Money Money Money ....commands, attracts, infact it drags respect to you that even when you offend u will still be told sorry...

Most often worry doesn't come as a result of the things u listed its mainly from lack of money...

You worry most when you've got problems that need be settled with money but u are damn broke to solve ur problem...it doesn't cause worry alone its heart breaking...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Houseofglam7(f): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
....We don't live for Gucci.
Hakuna matata grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by rollUP(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
Make money I mean real money and ignore this op
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by crazygod(m): 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
One rule. Nobody loves u. Life is a jungle. Jst pay ur dues and be u..... No matter what or who u go thru. Jst do u. cool
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by pahen1991: 7:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
pop codeine
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by leoloi: 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
Papiikush:
One simple way to live a life without worry in Nigeria.

HAVE MONEY!

Fück what everyone else thinks.
notification:: Mr Evans liked your comment :-) ;-)

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by wiloy2k8(m): 7:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
lovely ..
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by rali123(f): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
The third, I wont do when I can simply ignore and move on with life. I still got no worries.
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by sirfee(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
Number 2 and 3 is correct.

Money,good health of mind and body are very essential if you want to avoid worries.
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
I love these
Re: 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) by success1smyn(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
h

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bill Gates Attests To Nigeria Transformation / 417 New COVID-19 Cases, 337 Discharged And 2 Deaths On August 17 - (2571 Tested) / Neolife's Tre-en-en Grain Concentrates In 60 And 120 Capsules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.