Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People (1068 Views)

130 People Killed In ‘kajuru Genocide’, El-rufai Tells Buhari / Victims From The Suicide Bomb Blast In Konduga, Borno State (Graphic Photos) / Graphic Photos From The Suicide Bomb Attacks In Maiduguri, Scores Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
THE SUICIDE SONG/ Gloomy Sunday
Who else has listened to the Hungarian suicide song - GLOOMY SUNDAY
A song responsible for over for the death of 130people.
In Vienna, a teenage girl drowned herself while clutching a piece of sheet music. In Budapest, a shopkeeper killed himself and left a note that quoted from the lyrics of the same song. In London, a woman overdosed while listening to a record of the song over and over.
Creepy right?? yeah
ABOUT THE WRITER
née Rudi Spitzer a.k.a Seress.
The story goes that after his girlfriend left him, he was so depressed that he wrote the melody that became “Gloomy Sunday.”
years after, Seress himself did commit suicide in 1968, jumping from the window of a Budapest apartment building.
Even the girlfriend that left him, committed suicide too leaving a note behind with (Gloomy Sunday written on it)
The song was allegedly banned for 66years, also in the USA , U.K and many other places
I've played this song over and over again

Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by raker300: 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
@least post the lyrics here nah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by AustineE1: 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
from your submission,it then suggests you may soon take suicide and this is to keep the fairy tale going!....i kinda pity your loved ones!lol.

1 Like

Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
AustineE1:
from your submission,it then suggests you may soon take suicide!....i kinda pity your loved ones!lol.
I downloaded it but refused to listen to it... I just deleted it now
Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by victorDanladi: 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
raker300:
@least post the lyrics here nah

"Gloomy Sunday" lyrics Billie Holiday Lyrics

Play the Billie Holiday Quiz

"Gloomy Sunday" Sunday is gloomy My hours are slumberless Dearest the shadows I live with are numberless Little white flowers will Never awaken you Not where the black coach Of sorrow has taken you Angels have no thought of Ever returning you Would they be angry If I thought of joining you

Gloomy Sunday Gloomy is sunday With shadows I spend it all My heart and I have Decided to end it all Soon there'll be candles And prayers that are sad I know, let them not weep Let them know That I'm glad to go Death is no dream For in death I'm caressing you With the last breath of my Soul I'll be blessing you Gloomy Sunday

Dreaming I was only dreaming I wake and I find you Asleep in the deep of My heart Dear Darling I hope that my dream Never haunted you My heart is telling you How much I wanted you
www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/billieholiday/gloomysunday.html
Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by Lanretoye(m): 1:00am On Jul 04, 2017
Ahmadgani:
kill myself na i rather fly to dubai to go and faint
I downloaded the song and played till day break...although I committed suicide but I didn't die.i mean I slept off but woke up this morning.

2 Likes

Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by IJOBA2: 1:17am On Jul 04, 2017
john4reala:
I downloaded it but refused to listen to it... I just deleted it now
LINK PLEASEsad
Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by IJOBA2: 1:20am On Jul 04, 2017
Lanretoye:
if I commit suicide make I bend...are you now telling me that if I listen to the song over again I will commit suicide and I will now come and die?.
okay op,how much how much,I will not die.
OYINBOS NOR GET SENSE JUST LIKE YOUR Fulani MASTERSsad

2 Likes

Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by Ahmadgani(m): 5:11am On Jul 04, 2017
kill myself na i rather fly to dubai to go and faint
Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by Learnstuffs: 6:44am On Jul 04, 2017
john4reala:
THE SUICIDE SONG/ Gloomy Sunday
Who else has listened to the Hungarian suicide song - GLOOMY SUNDAY
A song responsible for over for the death of 130people.
In Vienna, a teenage girl drowned herself while clutching a piece of sheet music. In Budapest, a shopkeeper killed himself and left a note that quoted from the lyrics of the same song. In London, a woman overdosed while listening to a record of the song over and over.
Creepy right?? yeah
ABOUT THE WRITER
née Rudi Spitzer a.k.a Seress.
The story goes that after his girlfriend left him, he was so depressed that he wrote the melody that became “Gloomy Sunday.”
years after, Seress himself did commit suicide in 1968, jumping from the window of a Budapest apartment building.
Even the girlfriend that left him, committed suicide too leaving a note behind with (Gloomy Sunday written on it)
The song was allegedly banned for 66years, also in the USA , U.K and many other places
I've played this song over and over again
OP, some of your information about the songs are unconfirmed rumours. The deaths were never proved to be connected to the song
Re: The Suicide Song That Claimed The Lives Of 130 People by GMBuhari: 7:43am On Jul 04, 2017
Nigerians and die young attitude

Only una dey chop expired gala

only una mix smoke with sk with arizona after several bottles of coda and handful of ref

only una smoke Benson, orice, captain black e.t.c

una still find cursed music go ?

Listen at your own peril

(1) (Reply)

7 Interesting Facts About Nnamdi Kanu - Leader Ipob / The Treachery Of The Yoruba Tribe And The Ignorance Of The Igbos 'a Must Read' / Easterners Leaving The North (pic)... News Flash!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.