Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Overcoming UNFORGIVENESS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcoming UNFORGIVENESS (382 Views)

Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer / I.O Ajilore's Prophecies: "I Saw Saraki Overcoming, Pray Against Plane Crash / Overcoming Youthful Sexual Lusts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming UNFORGIVENESS by sonofmanj3(m): 6:37am On Jul 04, 2017
OVERCOMING UNFORGIVENESS
Today am going to be dealing with the issues of unforgiveness in the life of believers how it has rob them of joy, peace and reck havoc amongst friends and families .
The act of holding a grudge against an individual who has hurt you intentionally or unintentionally with the mindset I will give a pay back. is what I call unforgiveness . This is like taking a poison and wishing another person dies , it's as bad as that . It's a poison that eats into the core of our hearts and destroy us from within making our lives miserable. You may have been hurt, betrayed by a friend or probably gotten your heart broken and the only consolation you have is to hold unto that hurt.
when that is the case you are now becoming a problem to your self because your hate soon turn to bitterness and at this point you can do anything . Unforgiveness is the a spirit that robs us of our relationship with God and man . It opens the door for tormentors to come into our lives . Do you know? that malice, that hatred, that anger that, bitterness and that grudge are the product of an unforgiving spirit . So let them go and breath new air into your life not this contaminated poison of unforgiveness .

Matthew 18:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. 18:24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. 18:25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 18:27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. 18:28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. 18:29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 18:30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. 18:31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: 18:33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

This is a story of true forgiveness from the part of the master and an unforgiveness from the servant . We should as Christians look at our life and know that Christ died for us at our weakest state while we were yet sinners Christ died for us let's learn to forgive people who have done us wrong . When we are able to do that we free our selves from the hold in our heart and we can now live freely and happily . It's hard to let go but it's more dangerous to hold on. When you hold onto a hurt in the past the person who offended may not remember may have moved on but you are still at that point where the offense was committed . Dearly beloved you cannot hold unto the past and expect a future . Let it go and let God in. The story in the above scripture shows a picture of the servant with an unforgiveness,who was given to the tormentors that is exactly what happens when we refuse to forgive we give room to the tormentor to mess up our lives .

Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you .

When we choose to forgive we are helping ourselves get healed of any wound that may have been there . So forgiveness helps you more than the person you are holding a grudge for . The best way to forgive is by the help of THE HOLY SPIRIT because by yourself it's too hard to do . Ask him to help you forgive and when you forgive cancel the debt own you. This means forgive and forget. all these are possible only by the help of the spirit .
MAKE A DECISION to let Go decide within you that you will let go. Consciously make up your mind that you will forgive that person you hold in your heart. and confess boldly that you are free . Keep smiling keep believing I know you will over come .

http://truebelieversnow..com.ng

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ahiara Diocese Crisis: Some Priests Risk Suspension In Letters From Vatican / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sun. 06/07/2017) / Justin Bieber Carries Prayerbook As He Visits Church With Schwarzenegge's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.