Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,186 members, 7,839,037 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

CHIMICKA CORNBERG: 18-year Old Shot Dead While Asleep At A Friend’s Home - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CHIMICKA CORNBERG: 18-year Old Shot Dead While Asleep At A Friend’s Home (399 Views)

Man Shot Dead While Testing Local Bulletproof Charm In Katsina / Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) / 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CHIMICKA CORNBERG: 18-year Old Shot Dead While Asleep At A Friend’s Home by UnbrokenChords: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
Chimicka Cornberg an 18 year old South African girl was murdered in her sleep while she slept over at a friend’s house and nobody has agreed to have heard the shots.

Cape town police are investigating the mysterious murder. The deceased sustained two gunshots wounds to the head.

Chimicka Cornberg sometimes sleepover at the home of her two friends, who are both sisters. One aged 15 and the other 17. The sisters reside in Carnation Street Ocean View.

The mother to the girls confirmed to a South African news outlet, Daily Voice that the her 15 year old daughter ‘s boyfriend, in his twenties also slept over that night of the murder.

The said boyfriend to one of her friends slept in another room.

The night of the murder the deceased had chatted with her friends before going to sleep. Chimicka was on the bottom bunk and her 15 year old friend was on the top bunk.

She was asleep on the bunk when she was fatally shot.

Waking up on Sunday morning around 9am, her friend saw Chimicka’s pillow stained with blood.

The frame of the bed was left on Monday after the bloodied pillow was removed by the family.

The bedrooms in which the family sleeps are partitioned by a dry wall.

“It was just her and me sleeping in the room,” explains the traumatised 15-year-old Meisie.

“I only realised that she was dead when I woke up. “I didn’t hear anything during the night. “She usually snores in her sleep and when I didn’t hear her, I went to look. “I just saw blood everywhere on the pillow. She was shot in the head.”

Amanda Atkins 38, the girl’s mum says all the doors were locked and only a bedroom window was left open. This window does not have burglar bars.

The mom shared the other bedroom with her 17-year-old daughter.

“Ons het almal vas geslaap (We were all fast asleep), we didn’t hear a thing,” says Amanda.

“My youngest daughter’s boyfriend also slept over, but in another room.

“I left the house on Sunday around 9am and went to get a drink, and then my 15-year-old daughter got up and discovered the body.”

She says her terrified daughters jumped out of the window to fetch her from the shop.

“God knows how they [the killer] got inside, everything was locked but the window was open,” she says, pointing to the bedroom window.

Chimicka, who dropped out of school in Grade 6, lived with her aunt a few streets away.

Chimicka’s aunt Jasmine Abraham 43 who rushed to the scene of the murder on sunday, says Chimicka had had a bullet hole between her eyes..

The aunty disclosed she last saw her on Saturday when she granted her permission to sleep over at her friend’s house.

“She had a bullet hole between her eyes and another hole on the side (of her head),” says a shocked Jasmine.

“As I went to the house, I saw Chimicka’s father (Charlton Leighters) shaking his head as I passed him in the street.”

Jasmine says Chimicka has a seven-year-old sister, who she helped looked after, along with her little cousins.

She has no idea why anyone would harm the girl.

“She didn’t have a boyfriend and she was only for her friends,” Jasmine says.

“She was like the mommy here (taking care of everyone); we don’t know who would do this to her.”

Police spokesperson Lieutenant-Colonel André Traut confirms a case of murder is under investigation: “No one has been arrested as yet and the motive is to be determined.”
http://www.unbrokenchords.com/chimicka-cornberg-18-year-old-shot-dead-while-asleep-at-a-friends-home/

More stories @ www.unbrokenchords.com

Re: CHIMICKA CORNBERG: 18-year Old Shot Dead While Asleep At A Friend’s Home by idoncare440(f): 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
So sad

(1) (Reply)

Abeg. Would Anyone Be Able To Clarify What Sort Of "Exorcism" This Is? (video) / Suspected Female Kidnapper Beaten Up And Burnt To Death (photos) / Nigerian National, One Other Arrested With 12gm Of Cocaine In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.