|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,621,396 members, 6,109,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 20 January 2021 at 02:43 PM
|21 Weird Laws Of UAE Dubai That Can Land You In Jail by Solidkay(m): 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2017|
If you are planning to visit the UAE or its capital Dubai, here are some of the local laws which many western people considered it weird and strange.
By the way, do you know that you can be put in jail for 48 hours before you are taken to court.
So, here are the rules and laws in Dubai:
1. UAE/Dubai is not monarchy so you have little say
2. UAE/Dubai is a Muslim country following Sharia laws.
3. On the Dubai beach and water-parks, you can use swimwear but be sure you buy what Muslim females are using.
4. Avoid mini skirts and revealing clothing.
5. Dress in a most conservative manner.
6. Do not take photos of political and military buildings.
7. Do not take photos of other people without permission
8. No kissing in public in UAE/Dubai
9. No eating, drinking, chewing gum or smoking in public between sunset and sunrise.
10. No dancing and playing loud music in public.
11. For couples in UAE/Dubai kissing, holding hands or hugging can land you in jail.
12. You cannot have food and beverages during day in the month of Ramadan.
13. Only Muslim holidays are important
14. You must have a license for drinking liquor.
15. Sex outside marriage no no. You could be put behind bars for up to six years or more.
16. If arrested, you will not be allowed to have access to external legal or consular help.
17. Everything is in Arabic but you will get translated version. But make sure the one you signed on says what what is translated to you.
18. Couples can’t hold hands and it is criminal offence to kiss in public or sex outside marriage.
19. Keeping painkillers like codeine and cold and flu medication can get you four-year jail sentence.
20. Sharing apartment with a friend of opposite sex is crime
21. Go to Dubai only to make money and for fun go to so beutiful places where they respect your freedom and values.
|Re: 21 Weird Laws Of UAE Dubai That Can Land You In Jail by cassidy1996(m): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2017|
UAE a place to be, i cant forget those days in Ajman and Abu Dhabi
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24