Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Reason You Should Smile All The Time - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Reason You Should Smile All The Time (22375 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom / This Little, Chubby Girl's Dance Moves Will Put A Smile On Your Face (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by Opinionated: 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
By Kazeem Abolore

So I was coming from the engineer I took my phone to some months ago. He had told me to come for the phone two days later to collect it. I was still in the imagination of what I could do on the phone and things I would miss doing, when I got to the car park. A fair young lady who should be in mid twenties was sitting at the front sit, capped her head with a red face cap and adorned her body with an “armless” top. I approached her and asked if someone had taken the sit beside her and she responded in negative thus I took the sit. She ordered for suya from the hawking Mallam. Not to bore you with details of what transpired between us but worthy to know is that we both ate the suya she bought, she briefly read the book I was holding and before I alighted, I used her phone to call home.

In asking her about the vacancy of the seat, longing to join her in eating the “Suya” and requesting to use her phone, there was one act I kept doing –smiling. This act, even though is a no-brainer and a common act, I learnt to use and its importance in Dale Carnagie’s book: How To Win Friends And Influence People. To summarize it, he says regarding smiling:

“The impression that one wears on one’s face is far more important than the clothes one wears on one’s back.”

You see, I have used my charming smile to get things which ordinarily I would not. I have used it to win negotiations to my side. I have used it to win hearts. I have used it to get a good first impression in people’s mind. I hardly meet people, either first time or customary without a big smile.

If you ask me what is my greatest weapon to keep things cool when it ought to be hot, I will tell you it is my genuine and unconditional smile.

The ancient Chinese were a wise lot – wise in the ways of the world; and they had a proverb that you and I ought to cut out and paste inside our hearts. It goes like this:

“A man without a smiling face must not open a shop”

If puppies do it, babies do it, why don’t you do it?

Smile, it makes you beautiful.

Kazeem Abolore S (KAS) is an innovative teacher, wreative Writer, personal effectiveness strategist and Creator/Initiator 30 Days Writing Challenge.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/resaon-smile-time/

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
I smile a lot. It works wonders on friends, family, customers, traders _even police. It makes you look younger,it's courteous_people would be inclined to help or listen, when you ask with a smile.

hahn:
Smiling can get you killed in some places
Where? Such a place must be devoid of any form of happiness.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by Divay22(f): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
And it's contagious....
You can unknowingly to you, bright someone's day with A SMILE......

SMILE all the way, it makes people wonder " most especially your haters" what you're up to.. kiss kiss

Thanks OP cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by fastgyal(f): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
Lol. long story
money is the only reason I'd smile at all time
even in my sleep.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by felzylix(m): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
i was actually trying to make myself stop smiling always, cos i wanted to look serious, But now, guess what?

i'm even smiling right now

19 Likes

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by NwaAmaikpe: 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
shocked

Please there is no reason to smile if your teeth is brown or your mouth smells;

No reason whatsoever!!!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by TINALETC3(f): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
angry
Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by lordm(m): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by MirJay: 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
undecided i make sure i smile twice a day

1 Like

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by seunlayi(m): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
felzylix:
[
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
lordm:
MirJay:
undecided i make sure i smile twice a day

seun, lalasticlala,....

you need to do something about this mentality

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
In this hard times embarassed undecided

Anyway smile cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by evansjeff(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
So all these crap because you were able to collect a girl's number? For real? Is this all what men now live for? I was thinking you were going to tell us how you got an appointment letter or got promoted because of your smile. Nonsense!!! And to think this made front page is so unfortunate

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by hahn(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
Smiling can get you killed in some places

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by Dutchey(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
op, use ur smile to snatch a military man's wife and see that the Lord is good

3 Likes

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by LoveJesus87(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
D
Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by MirJay: 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
seunlayi:
thank you
this mentality has to stop
you need Jesus Bro

1 Like

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by deepwater(f): 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
Because of suya?

Op sufry softly make you no go chop poison o undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by medolab90(m): 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
Not with dis buhari

1 Like

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by pepemendy(m): 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
i don't know how to smile
Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by originals1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
I swear you go chop witch if u neva already chop
Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by Mopelawlar(f): 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks for that anyways now i am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by dy27(m): 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by missionmex(m): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by Amirullaha(m): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by fait10(m): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
Na person wey rich dey smile now angry angry meanwhile My sister stop asking guys what they do for a living, they will lie,,, just take them to bed and count how many round they can go
One round - rich guy
Two rounds - doing well in life
Three rounds - unemployed
Four rounds - broke as hell
THANK ME IF YOU WANT

6 Likes

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
So because you met a slayqueen looking for a hook up you now want everybody to start smiling all the time

You want people to start calling us 'mad' people ba?

Your plan won't work sir

2 Likes

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
suffering and smiling.....

2 Likes

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by HarmonyDee(f): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
i do it too much i think i overdo it sef..some times i have to remind myself to keep a serious face lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason You Should Smile All The Time by adebayo201: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
PaperLace:
I smile a lot. It works wonders on friends, family, customers, traders _even police.

Where? Such a place must be devoid of any form of happiness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House / Inflation: Women, Please Pity Your Husbands. Don't Make Them Commit Suicide / 15-Year-Old Tore Her Aunt's Level 16 Promotion Letter Because She Was Scolded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.