Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Php Or Java - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Php Or Java (1121 Views)

How To Make Money From Developing Software Using Vb Or Java / C++ Or Java: Which Way To Go? / PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php Or Java by prodam(m): 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2010
Hello Programmers, I am facing challenges deciding on an issue.

Which of the following two languages should I learn: Java or Php. I do have a faint knowledge of java coupled with an appreciation of html .

Jjava now , php later OR php now ,java later
Re: Php Or Java by ndgfx(m): 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2010
I think you shud ask yourself exactly where your interest lies in. Either Web or Desktop applications.

Now Java does both desktop (standalone) applications and also has a Server-side platform to deploy software over the internet.
PHP is used solely over the internet to develop web applications. PHP can also do desktop but many a people would advise you against it.

Personally, i'd say go for java because you can run code anyware. (In the real sense of the word.)
But do what you feel comes naturally to you. And try not to know everything about everything. >> it's one thing about everything and everything about one smiley
Cia0
Re: Php Or Java by vislabraye(m): 2:12am On Feb 04, 2010
Where does C++ come ? It seems it is getting outdating with the influ of more modern programs; PHP , python
Re: Php Or Java by Beaf: 11:50am On Feb 04, 2010
vislabraye:

Where does C++ come ? It seems it is getting outdating with the influ of more modern programs; PHP , python

Thats right, except you really need to tinker with low level stuff, C++ is too unproductive and outmoded. Both C# and Java currently compete with C++ for raw performance.
PHP and Python are also being outclassed by Ruby. PHP also has a reputation for insecurity.
Re: Php Or Java by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
nd.gfx:

I think you shud ask yourself exactly where your interest lies in. Either Web or Desktop applications.

Now Java does both desktop (standalone) applications and also has a Server-side platform to deploy software over the internet.
PHP is used solely over the internet to develop web applications. PHP can also do desktop but many a people would advise you against it.

Personally, i'd say go for java because you can run code anyware. (In the real sense of the word.)
But do what you feel comes naturally to you. And try not to know everything about everything. >> it's one thing about everything and everything about one smiley
Cia0

Exactly.
Re: Php Or Java by Peluwa: 6:57pm On Feb 14, 2010
good day everyone. pls i need your assistance concerning where to begin from concerning internet security. am also interested in programming. any reccommendation can be sent to emmanueloluwaremi@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Add This To My Site / Check my Kivy Based App..... / Easiest Way To Turn A Website Into A Mobile App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.