Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba (472 Views)

Atiku Vs Buhari: Agbakoba Reveals Who Should Win Election, Gives Reasons / Female Suicide Bomber Overpowered While Trying To Blow Up Mosque. Photo / Soyinka Backs IPOB, Call Nigeria An Artificial Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by ynaijaNews: 6:57am On Jul 05, 2017

Former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Dr. Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) on Tuesday rejected the call for restructuring of the country.

Agbakoba addressed journalists in Lagos on Tuesday at his Ikoyi office on “The future of Nigeria.”

He agreed with the call for referendum made by leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.

He rejected the declaration by acting President Yemi Osinbajo that Nigeria’s sovereignty was not negotiable.

He said Article 1 (2) of the United Nations Charter and Article 20 (1) of the African Charter of Human and Peoples Rights which Nigeria is a signatory to supports self-determination.

Agbakoba said, “I see every politician now says restructure but I disagree. I also think the acting President was wrong to say that Nigeria is insoluble. There is nothing sacrosanct about Nigeria. It can blow up anytime. It’s an artificial creation, which was made in 1914 and when it was amalgamated we were not there. It was amalgamated in the interest of the colonialists.”

Agbakoba added that the Federal Government was wrong to have charged Nnamdi Kanu with treason.

He said, “For me, the best that he can be charged with is unlawful assembly and an act capable of breaching public peace. Those are the things he can be charged with, but not treason; because Nigeria is a signatory to the United Nations’ Charter, which recognises the right for self-determination.”

When asked whether he aligned with IPOB’s call for a referendum towards self-determination, Agbakoba, who said he had nothing against Kanu, responded, “Absolutely! What is sacrosanct about Nigeria? Nothing. What is sacrosanct about Nigeria is our agreement to be part of Nigeria. I’m not suggesting that Nigeria should not exist but to say that Nigeria’s sovereignty is not negotiable, nobody should talk about it.”

He added that there was no legal reason to call for the arrest of Area youths who gave an ultimatum to Igbos to leave, even though it was wrong.

He said, “Did they commit any crime? They just said, ‘leave our place,’ that’s all. It’s not in the criminal code that if I tell a man to leave my house I have committed a crime. I have a right to tell you, this is my house, leave. It’s politically incorrect to tell the Igbo to leave but I don’t see any crime. And let’s be clear, we should not make this thing sound legalistic… it is political.”

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE | YNAIJA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by anaton(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2017
Deep!God bless Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by profhezekiah: 7:05am On Jul 05, 2017
u mean it
Re: Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by ESDKING: 7:06am On Jul 05, 2017
Those hypocrite clamouring for restructuring are the people that are scared of Biafra. But sorry, it's too late to restructure.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by simplyhonest(m): 7:07am On Jul 05, 2017
Pls, which countries are "natural" creations?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by PeaceGord: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2017
I hate it when after wiping my hind and ready to leave the poo house another surge of urge to poo again forces me back to poo and wipe my hind about 3 times especially peppery poo.

Pls tap the like button if you've experienced this let us exchange ideas on it.

Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by Jabioro: 7:09am On Jul 05, 2017
Over due.. is a deflated country
Re: Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by NwaAmaikpe: 7:23am On Jul 05, 2017
shocked

Nice one Olisa...may your beards be long and one bottle of Hero for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by okosodo: 7:25am On Jul 05, 2017
This country should separate abeg! Buhari has totally destroyed everything Goodluck suffered to achieve

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by Integrityfarms(m): 7:26am On Jul 05, 2017
Unbiased elites pitching their tents against injustice and oppression of Biafrans. Knowing fully well that restructuring is a political crunch word

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An Artificial Creation, It Can Blow Up At Any Time – Agbakoba by Mynd44: 7:34am On Jul 05, 2017

(1)

Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye's Recall. / House Of Reps Returns CRK, Splits Religious And National Values / What UK PM, Theresa May Told Me About Biafrexit - Orji Uzor Kalu (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.