Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC (22271 Views)

Princeton Prof Kicks As 'looted Biafra Artefacts' Sold $238,000 @paris Auction / FG Hires Lawyers With N500m To Recover N330bn From MTN / Gov. Yari Of Zamfara Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500k Paris Club Funds – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by Sunnyja: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
aolawale025:
Is the governors account frozen yet?
Are these not the crooks driving the change agenda with Buhari. The truth is PMB is alone with this shout of change.
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
davidif:
And why am I not surprised?

We have been saying this for years that we need to get rid of allocations dem no go hear. Corruption is not the main problem of Nigeria, its just a symptom of a fundamental (foundational) flaw in the way the system is set up.

Unfortunately majority of those benefitting from this fundamental flaw are still the very people who make the laws.

property123:
Do states in Nigeria still have Houses of Assembly?

You mean...

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/dss-arrests-zamfara-speaker-dep-others-over-plot-to-impeach-gov-yari/156079.html

...another face of the DSS-saraki-magu issues...And someone asked "which presidency?" Even madam Aisha said she may not support her husband in the future if...and she was quickly shut, just like Sanusi....the more you look, the less you see.
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by ivolt: 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
prospero5:
God will punish whoever that put the nonsense immunity clause in our constitution.

a sitting MP in Tanzania was arrested last night for just a comment she made but here it is forbidden to arrest a 'big man'.

bode George was the very first near-big-man i heard was convicted. but for how long? they only used him to play on our collective intelligence.

until these people are paraded on national TV and jailed like the poor man who steals a neighbour's pot of soup, i won't believe in a better Nigeria.

Nigeria! O my Nigeria.

There is a difference between a governor and an MP(equivalent to a Nigerian senator).
Immunity clause is to prevent the situation where the governor will be forced to spend
his entire 4 years in court.
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by room089: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
greatiyk4u:
Points to note from the post

Abdulaziz Yari is the sitting Governor of Zamfara state

He is an APC member, Governors Forum Chairman and a core Northern muslim

EFCC did not spare him due to ethnicity, religion or even party

His constitutional immunity protects him from arrest

The looted fund has been forfeited

Summarily, this one won't be seen as witch hunt even by core wailers like...........

Deduction here is that Buhari does not care about leaving the Yam with the goat, his concern is that the Goat has no legal right to touch the yam

God bless PMB for having the political will to touch the previously "untoucheables"

Sai Baba till 2023

My bros you follow me see that thing!

Some are still seriously chanting 'where is the 5000 naira APC promised unemployed youth.' The same set of people have registered and some are still registering for N-Power Nigeria scheme. They are being paid 30000 naira stipend monthly.
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by agitator: 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
prospero5:
God will punish whoever that put the nonsense immunity clause in our constitution.

a sitting MP in Tanzania was arrested last night for just a comment she made but here it is forbidden to arrest a 'big man'.

bode George was the very first near-big-man i heard was convicted. but for how long? they only used him to play on our collective intelligence.

until these people are paraded on national TV and jailed like the poor man who steals a neighbour's pot of soup, i won't believe in a better Nigeria.

Nigeria! O my Nigeria.

Ignorance at its peak. Its in you.

There is no immunity clause for Senators and House of Reps members. Why not arrest them?

Immunity clause is to shield political office holders from Civil cases relating to actions taken while in office. Example, a state needs to do road expansion involving demolishing of some houses. If any owner refuse to accept any form of compensation, then the governor can exercise is executive powers to give order for the house to be demolished in the best interest of the state. If Fashola gives such order as governor, the individual cannot sue Fashola to court, but Lagos state government. However if Fashola confiscates a private property for his own use then the owner can complain to the law enforcement agencies, which will present the issue to the state assembly, and the assembly will impeach him to face criminal charges in court after investigation and confirmation of the allegations against him.

How many past governors still have immunity? Why not prosecute them?
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by Pylony(m): 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2017
With the whole stolen funds they still remain ugly inside out.
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by agitator: 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Summarily, this one won't be seen as witch hunt even by core wailers like...........

Deduction here is that Buhari does not care about leaving the Yam with the goat, his concern is that the Goat has no legal right to touch the yam

God bless PMB for having the political will to touch the previously "untoucheables"

Sai Baba till 2023

If they are serious EFCC should present evidence to the state assembly to impeach him to face criminal charges.

The US governor that sold Obama's senatorial seat, the money was seized and he was impeached, tried for his crimes, sentenced and is still in prison. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by erico2k2(m): 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Sai Baba till 2023
Deduction from your post. PMB is not in charge ,he and his wife are here next door to me in lo don.Vice president is dealing with those who want to see his back .

1 Like

Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by prospero5(m): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
ivolt:

There is a difference between a governor and an MP(equivalent to a Nigerian senator).
Immunity clause is to prevent the situation where the governor will be forced to spend
his entire 4 years in court.

what are you not trying to say?

must court cases in Nigeria take four years?
why can't a corrupt politician- governor, MP or senator- be prosecuted just like a petty thief?
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by erico2k2(m): 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
agitator:

There is no immunity clause for Senators and House of Reps members. Why not arrest them?

Immunity clause is to shield political office holders from Civil cases relating to actions taken while in office. Example, a state needs to do road expansion involving demolishing of some houses. If any owner refuse to accept any form of compensation, then the governor can exercise is executive powers to give order for the house to be demolished in the best interest of the state. If Fashola gives such order as governor, the individual cannot sue Fashola to court, but Lagos state government. However if Fashola confiscates a private property for his own use then the owner can complain to the law enforcement agencies, which will present the issue to the state assembly, and the assembly will impeach him to face criminal charges in court after investigation and confirmation of the allegations against him.

Thank U for schooling him,the width of ignorance in Nigeria is mind blowing .
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by prospero5(m): 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
agitator:

is yari a senator?
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by prospero5(m): 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
erico2k2:

Thank U for schooling him,the width of ignorance in Nigeria is mind blowing .

sss!!!
i am attacking the constitution you came here to show how you think. shift o!
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by bewla(m): 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
Israel13:
Its actually my people perish for lack of wisdom
tank u

2 Likes

Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by bewla(m): 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
Israel13:
Its actually my people perish for lack of wisdom
tank u sir

1 Like

Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by prospero5(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
agitator:

i can see that you are only arguing this with sentiment. i do not care which political party a corrupt official belongs. all i am saying is that if i am found as being corrupt the constitution should allow the law take its course immediately.
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by princeakinola1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
how can somebody have this kind of hotel?when me still thinking of how me and my family will survive,sir when u die go with everything,stupid humanbeing,if you ask them help they will not,you just eating ur generation cake,because u can eat ur cake and have it back,fool politicians

1 Like

Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by erico2k2(m): 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
prospero5:

sss!!!
i am attacking the constitution you came here to show how you think. shift o!
ermm I was not quoting you frm last I checked . Never knew you lack comprehension as well .

1 Like

Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by ivolt: 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
prospero5:

what are you not trying to say?

must court cases in Nigeria take four years?
why can't a corrupt politician- governor, MP or senator- be prosecuted just like a petty thief?

Most petty thieves spend years in prison while awaiting trial,
it is said that about 70% of our prison population are awaiting trial.
Our justice system is not fast, so a governor will likely spend his entire
4 years fighting in court instead of governing.

The alternative is the barbaric jungle justice, even its supporters don't
want to be tried using that method.
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by agitator: 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
erico2k2:

ermm I was not quoting you frm last I checked . Never knew you lack comprehension as well .

It is very difficult to school people with his mindset, 80% of youths, including so called graduates reason like this, 10% know this but are divided along nepotism, religious, ethnic loyalty lines. The remaining 10% are helpless. It is the reason why the elites takes us for a ride. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by sagaxity(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
Oga clap for yourself , you have done well....
Yet in your state up north,na begging be some people hobby...
Nigeria, Born Great but Tied Down
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by erico2k2(m): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
agitator:

It is very difficult to school people with his mindset, 80% of youths, including so called graduates reason like this, 10% know this but are divided along nepotism, religious, ethnic loyalty lines. The remaining 10% are helpless. It is the reason why the elites takes us for a ride. undecided undecided undecided
This is true and when you point out thier shortcomings they rresult in insults instead of bringing to the table a better argument . 9ja matter tire me si me long time I decided to put my Energy elsewhere and thank the good Lord I did.

1 Like

Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by Okoroawusa: 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
Victornezzar:
It's obvious ur joking
joking?...does it look like AliBaBa is talking?
ngene...am right behind ur behind. kikikikkiki!
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by LeSaint(m): 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
Oh!
Buhari no be Buhari again!
The Buhari I voted for, all this rubbish no fit happen on his watch embarassed
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by OYAY(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
No wonder his godfather(Ahmad sani yerima) said Magu must be sack!!! Yeye people without conscience.
Re: Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC by speezyWears: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
Eportal123:

Poverty fall on your entire generation

The stupid Med-student with no home training is here again,

If not for the botched Condom.. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Type Of Candidates Nigerians Should Support In 2019– Catholic Caritas Foundation / PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. / President Buhari Declares Open Senior Police Retreat In Imo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.