Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

They Want To Frustrate My Appeal, Sacked Rivers Senator Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Want To Frustrate My Appeal, Sacked Rivers Senator Cries Out (516 Views)

Supreme Court: PDP Uncovers APC’s Plot To Frustrate Reversal Of Imo Judgment / How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate / PDP Loses Rivers Senator, Osinakachukwu Ideozu To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Want To Frustrate My Appeal, Sacked Rivers Senator Cries Out by Upritman(m): 8:54am On Jul 05, 2017
Sen.George Sekibo representing Rivers East senatorial district yesterday raised the alarm over attempt to frustrate his right to appeal the ruling of the Rivers State National and State Assembly Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja, which sacked him last Wednesday.
He said over a week now that the ruling took place, his lawyers were yet to receive the ruling so as to study and appeal it accordingly, that the chairman of the tribunal was at large and every attempt to reach him and other members had proved abortive Senator Sekibo, who spoke yesterday to Senate Press corps, pleaded that he should be allowed to have his day in the appeal court and nothing else. It would be recalled that the Rivers State National and State Assembly Election Petition Tribunal that sat in Abuja sacked the senator representing Rivers East senatorial district, Senator Sekibo of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, last Wednesday. The three-man panel sitting at Apo Quarters in the Federal Capital Territory affirmed the
petition of the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief Andrew Uchendu, and declared the APC candidate in the December 10 rerun as the winner of the election. The court directed the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, that Chief Uchendu be issued a certificate of return and that issued to Sekibo withdrawn.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/07/they-want-to-frustrate-my-appeal-sacked.html?m=1

Re: They Want To Frustrate My Appeal, Sacked Rivers Senator Cries Out by CaptainKool15(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2017
Re: They Want To Frustrate My Appeal, Sacked Rivers Senator Cries Out by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2017
Bubu don die so everybody is ruling anyhow .... I no see APC lasting 2019 cause alignment go soon start as bubu don kick PLATE

1 Like

Re: They Want To Frustrate My Appeal, Sacked Rivers Senator Cries Out by simplyhonest(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2017
go to court in peace
Re: They Want To Frustrate My Appeal, Sacked Rivers Senator Cries Out by CoolFreeday(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2017
Nigerians! Baba left for few weeks and everybody is doing what he/she likes already; business as usual.

(1) (Reply)

MEMORIES: CNN Documentary During Nigerian Civil Crisis 1968 / BREAKING: Fayose Bans Public Procession, Students’ Activities In Ekiti / Free Advice To Senate: Amend Constitution To Impeach executive appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.