Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Please How Often Do Nigeria Navy Get Promoted And The Salary Earning - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please How Often Do Nigeria Navy Get Promoted And The Salary Earning (10290 Views)

Ike Eweama Promoted To Colonel In US Army (Photos) / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You / What Is The Salary Structure Of The Nigerian Immigration Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Often Do Nigeria Navy Get Promoted And The Salary Earning by Prece(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2017
If I join the Nigeria navy through recruitment,how do the promotion goes .I mean using ssce certificate, do I have to fight war at all time or going through the necessities and get promoted. Please somebody help
Re: Please How Often Do Nigeria Navy Get Promoted And The Salary Earning by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
Promotion in the Nigerian Navy is every 4 years from Ordinary Seaman to Petty Officer (OS - Seaman, Seaman - Able Seaman, Able Seaman - Leading Seaman, Leading Seaman to Petty Officer). From Petty Officer to Warrant Officer is 5 years, Warrant Officer to Master Warrant Officer is 5 years. I didn't include NWO because it's political.

Promotion is strictly by merit. Once you meet all the conditions (fulfill the no of years on each rank, Pass your promotion exams, have your seatime experience, pass your swimming test), just go and relax, your promotion will come as and when due, unless your village people are after you.

The salary: I won't be specific. I can only tell you that the basic NN pay package is the same with Army and Airforce. Allowance is what differs. And the pay is better than that of the Civil Service.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Often Do Nigeria Navy Get Promoted And The Salary Earning by Prece(m): 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
Thank you very much.And also does Marine mechanics engineer where the main navy uniform also.
Re: Please How Often Do Nigeria Navy Get Promoted And The Salary Earning by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
Yes, they put on all the uniforms (Blue rig, Camouflage, Liberty and Ceremonial wears), depending on the occasion. But when performing their engineering tasks, they wear blue overall.
Prece:
Thank you very much.And also does Marine mechanics engineer where the main navy uniform also.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Often Do Nigeria Navy Get Promoted And The Salary Earning by Prece(m): 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
Thank you so much for the information. I just hope I will be recruited

(1) (Reply)

8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command / Share Your Career Transition Experience / Taraba Teachers Pray Over Unpaid Salaries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.