Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) (14922 Views)

FG Releases N14.9bn For Retirees’ Accrued Rights / Some Imo Pensioners Earn N330m Yearly, Uzodimma Cries Out / Imo Pensioners Block Govt House Entrance, Demand Payment Of Pensions (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by aminulive: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
The National Industrial Court (NIC), Owerri today Wednesday 5th July 2017 nullified the slashing of payments to pensioners of the Imo State Public Service. The 60% Slash was contained in a form issued by the Imo State Government to pensioners to sign accepting the cut.

Presiding Judge, Hon. Justice Anuwe held that the Imo State Government acted illegally and unconstitutionally. The court also made an order of perpetual injunction against the Imo State Government and its officers and agents.

The pro bono case was brought before the Honourable Court by the Owerri Branch of NBA and handled by Barr. Uche Wisdom Durueke.

According to a text message from the Chairman of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Owerri Branch, Barr. Lawrence Nwakaeti, obtained by PoliticsNGR, the Imo state government and its agents can no longer carry out the directives of the controversial document.

It read;

"To the glory of God Almighty who rules over the affairs of men and who gave the NBA Owerri branch under our Leadership the will to come to the assistance of the Pensioners in Imo State,  I want us to thank the Almighty God for the wonderful judgment just delivered this morning in favour of the Pensioners in Imo  State and indeed all over the country.

The National Industrial Court set aside the document by the Imo State Government purporting to slash the accrued pension arrears and gratuity of Pensioners in Imo State by 60% and making the signing of the undertaking a condition precedent for payment of their pension and gratuity. The learned Judge,  O. N. Anuwe of the National Industrial Court Owerri Division went ahead to perpetually restrain the Imo State Government and its agents from carrying out in any manner the contents of the controversial document."

http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/05/court-nullifies-okorochas-slash-payments-accrued-imo-pensioners/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by sugarsoul(m): 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
Aiit
Modified:
But all these our politicians sef, why do they want to slash what old men have worked for...the level of oppression for this country ehn, thank God for the judge sef.
Meanwhile,
Chai, see as my FTC party dey roll
I'm still aiming for 7 in 7 days....o boy no be small thing o.
For all those aiming to be FTC, make una tap into the anointing now.
We go make am whether snake dey block road or not
grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
great

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by OAFMods: 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
The court should also compel Okorocha to pay the money now.

23 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by eyeview: 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2017
Rochas is a curse to Imo state.
I don't know how Ndi Imo made this kind of mistake.
I guess they deserve him afterall

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by saintikechi(m): 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
okorocha is always trying to dupe his people, that's why ipob hates him.

41 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by alcmene: 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2017
Oya mallam okoroawusa..... run go pay salary before I....

31 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by alcmene: 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
eyeview:
Rochas is a curse to Imo state.
I don't know how Ndi Imo made this kind of mistake.
I guess they deserve him afterall

The man had a humble beginning and appeared like a great philanthropist hence the love shown him by the populace.

Ikedi ohakim also made the mallam appear a better choice.
God will continue to punish him untill biafra is restored then begins his banishment.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by dollytino4real(f): 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2017
dis okoroawusa deserve slap n knock! will he not retire one day?

8 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by lmm4real: 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
How fa Okorocha visit Ikorodu this evening na.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
shocked

Okoroawusa ewu Gambia

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by fratermathy(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
Why won't they be paid full salaries after years of service.?

He should start by being a good leader. Slash his salaries by 50% and see if he won't cry to Buhari.

12 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by badland(m): 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2017
kk
Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by Edu3Again: 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
Rochas is the worst Governor in the South of Nigeria, will certainly contend for worst Governor in the whole Nigeria.
Imagine wont pay pensioners, but buys a Christmas tree for N600 million.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by irynterri(f): 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
Image of the form compelling pensioners to accept only 50% of their pension, men and women who use their youth to work for the state, yet some silly youth had the guts to rally for him because of 5k while their parents and grand parents have not been for up to15 months

14 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by ITbomb(m): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
alcmene:

The man had a humble beginning and appeared like a great philanthropist hence the love shown him by the populace.

Ikedi ohakim also made the mallam appear a better choice.
God will continue to punish him untill biafra is restored then begins his banishment.
You remember things, I used to love the man when he was on his own.
He was a kind that I would say, he has made all the money, he wouldn't care for public money if he comes to office but he keeps disappointing me every day

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by Anikulhapo(m): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
APC as a party is evil, All Professional Cultists
Edu3Again:
Rochas is the worst Governor in the South of Nigeria, will certainly contend for worst Governor in the whole Nigeria.
Imagine wont pay pensioners, but buys a Christmas tree for N600 million.
It seems you don't know Aregbesola and Ajimobi

8 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by debbie(f): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
Good
Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by SPDAZZY(f): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
If I am not wrong, I believe pension contribution is 60/40% (employer / employee) so if he slashes 60 that means they have lost the government contribution and are only getting back theirs. This is unjust, what is the benefit of all their years of work?

Thank God for the judgement. The man won't even reduce his own salary by 0.0001%. Human government!

2 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by deepwater(f): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
I thought we saw a mammoth crowd in support of him yesterday on nairaland.

I don't believe in any crowd that supports a politician, they are simply hungry folks in search of 1000 NGN for their daily bread.

11 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by SalamRushdie: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
APC is cursed left right centre..Are you guys aware that we have full military deployments in 28 out of 36 states today under badluck Buhari

8 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by misspineapple(f): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
Dis my jamboree guvnor sef
Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by Anikulhapo(m): 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cult party

2 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 05, 2017
That's if the rogue will obey court order..

6 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by blazingstar: 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
Good decision by the court. hopefully the man will obey..

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by Sterope(f): 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
Life is so unfair

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by belindar: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
ITbomb:

You remember things, I used to love the man when he was on his own.
He was a kind that I would say, he has made all the money, he wouldn't care for public money if he comes to office but he keeps disappointing me every day

All what he was doing b4 becoming governor was a propaganda. There are many of them like that. They open fake NGO up and down. Watch all these people with NGO and foundations in 5 years time they will be contesting for one post of the other and people will foolishly vote for them thinking they had good intentions. The heart of politicians is evil.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2017
Okoroawusa for a reason.

4 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by Reference(m): 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
blazingstar:
Good decision by the court. hopefully the man will obey..

Only in a primitive country will a peoples 'HOPE' their elected officials obey the law. So sad.

3 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by Abagworo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2017
Good for the pensioners but it still doesn't make sense if they are continuously owed in the name of 100%. I feel Okorocha should just accept paying them 70% but will pay 40% immediately and then 30% later.

For those who may not know, most of the arrears were inherited from Ohakim Government and were accumulated from over 40 years since 1976. It kept increasing per government till date.

www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/the-miserable-plight-of-imo-state-pensioners-a-true-story.html

www.google.com/url?q=https://www.ajol.info/index.php/ujah/article/download/83235/73307&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwinv6bx0_LUAhVB02MKHYDdDWc4HhAWCBwwBw&usg=AFQjCNEduyrT3QO0-4cD8fW4r6HfVeCEqQ
Re: Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) by Abalado(f): 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
Pls nairalandas i nid a gd advice,out of i pas "myneboGEN&MTN yelowlight"wish 1 is beta,i v TV,FAN,DECOADER,pls gd advis

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Atiku Is Corrupt, Can’t Go To America – Obasanjo / Feel Free To Join The PDP, APC Tells Aggrieved Members / Governor Obiano Commissions ABS Newly Injection Power Substation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.